TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New T2 NewDark FM - Precarious Business (Dec. 6, 2017)

Congrats on your first release, I can't believe that it's almost 20 years and new authors keep coming out!

I liked it and it brought back Bafford's memories. Sized appropriately to allow for an enjoyable weekday's evening taffin' around. Also a good candidate for players who are considering taking up ghosting, even by "supreme" rules (no key hunting, no back and forth and other tediousness usually associated with supreme and which scare people away from it; sure, some loot must be skipped for this flavour, but there' still plenty around to fulfil the requirement).

Thanks for release!

This mission gave me a really good "classic thief experience" by wandering through a classic city with narrow alleys. Even a bonehoard section slumbered deep within the earth.
    I dind´t found the blackjack, but ghosting the manor was an easy and fair challenge.
    However, I missed a lot of loot - I only found 2.536 of 4.307
    I guess I have to search for more loot...

Just wanted to stop in and say how much I enjoyed this mission. It's great to see classic Thief gameplay from a new author.

I'm not even sure the city section needed any additional detail since this wasn't exclusively a city mission. It was very Dark Project-esque. Looking forward to future releases from you ObservingEye.

Really enjoyed your mission, I hope that all this positive feedback here drives you to create more missions

Thank you! Yes indeed, I do have more in the works!

I'm trying to catch up a little on all the missions I've missed recently and I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this and very well done on your first mission. And I'm very glad to hear you're working on your next one.

Much like everyone else I really enjoyed this mission, but I was very close to rage quitting searching for that switch in the crypt

ObservingEye
    Thanks for this nice little mission.
    It could have been nice to have more AI's in the streets.
    But it was fun to play.

That was great - even more so as a first attempt, but it was quite fun even without that qualifier. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Pretty excellent classic style mission with basic visuals. Like a T1 mission in T2 engine. My only real criticism is of course that the finish conditions are just leaving the mansion rather than returning to your room which would make more sense in terms of exploring and trying to find all loot.

Cannot find the switch in the crypt

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Cannot find the switch in the crypt
    Check the base of the hammer statue. It's horizontal.

Thank you!!!

Small/Medium size map but excellent mission.
    It has all the elements I expect from a good Thief mission.
    I only have a few small critiques.
    The streets/interiors could be a little wider/larger, and the staircase in the manor has no railing.
    If you can not add a railing, then just put a wall there. A staircase without railing or wall, feels unnatural.
    Overall fantastic mission. Thank you for making it. Surprises, plot twists, mystery, horror and plenty to read are always a delight.

Thanks very much for this excellent first mission! I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. It would have been better if there had been more to do in the city and more AI but it had a lot of really nice touches in the story, etc. I saw that you have plans for the city section and I will very much look forward to exploring it!

I really enjoyed this mission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123