TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Running T2 on a modern intel gpu? Test this please.

Zombified

Running T2 on a modern intel gpu? Test this please.

I'm trying to get rid of hard edges on textures in a smart way, and need to find out whether a setting is safe enough to enable globally. so, if your intel gpu is capable of anti-aliasing (enabled by default in the GOG build and by TafferPatcher, see multisampletype in cam_ext.cfg), try to also enable (remove the semicolon from) d3d_disp_enable_atoc 1

ideally, the wine in the middle part of the screen and the distant art (big background tree that touches the moon) should now have smooth edges instead of sharp (note that you need to use the vanilla skies in order to test this properly, so T2 skies must not be installed).

semi-ideally, nothing will happen (feature not supported by intel), and the textures will stay sharp. unideally, intel will pull their usual stuff, reporting the feature as available but not implementing it, turning all affected textures pink or something like that.

thanks.

I'm not quite sure what you are after. It looks OK to me:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atoc1.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	2438

Zombified
    I think it works fine (distant art definitely smooth), but a full resolution screenshot would be great.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 15th Dec 2017 at 10:38.

I've PM'd you with the link.

Zombified
    yep, everything looks as it should. what cpu/gpu model is this exactly?

4.00 gigahertz AMD A10-6790K APU. NVIDIA GeForce GT 630. Acer S241HL Monitor.

Zombified
    uhh.. well then, thanks for the effort, but I'm very specifically interested whether this setting works on a 5th generation (basically the point where intel started to integrate gpus into cpus instead of chipsets) or newer intel integrated gpus (hence the topic title).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 15th Dec 2017 at 17:56.

Doh! Sorry about that. If you don't get any other replies you will still know what it does to GT 630s.