TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty Until Proven Innocent

And...fell for it hook line and sinker.

While we all argue about sexual assault in the office, Hollywood's actual rape culture will continue unabated, Hollywood execs will keep shtupping the shiksas, and legislators go on assaulting the interns.

Moderator and Priest
    That we thought this recent public pushback against widespread sexual assault and harassment in Hollywood would actually do anything. It's all just a cover to distract us from the widespread sexual assault and harassment in Hollywood, you know.

Also, nice subtle jab at the Jews there, Tony. +10

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    That we thought this recent public pushback against widespread sexual assault and harassment in Hollywood would actually do anything. It's all just a cover to distract us from the widespread sexual assault and harassment in Hollywood, you know.

Also, nice subtle jab at the Jews there, Tony. +10
    I'm jewish on my mom's side, ergo ethnically Jewish myself. Not all aspects of that culture are good....and it's undeniable (simple math) that Hollywood is largely own and run by jews in the same way that it's undeniable that white anglo-saxon people own and run a lot of corporate America.

And in some of those circles there's a racial supremacist streak that is scares the shit out of me which is most clearly manifested in the Palestine conflict. It's also far older than this "whiteness" bullshit Americans love, since the tension and political power struggles between Catholics, Jews, and Protestants dates back to roughly the reformation.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 6th Jan 2018 at 11:54.

Well there you go, folks. Tony has now turned this discussion into a rant about the jews. That's a wrap.

Yep. Part of that's just because of some historical reading I've been doing on the side: the old world power struggles between Catholic, Protestant, and Jewish political blocs is an interesting topic and had a huge impact on the US because in the 1900's through the 1930's you had a number of trends in play such as hegemony of old Protestant capitalists (like Rockefeller and Morgan) being challenged, the emergence of American jewish factions into a distinct economic interest group, and immigration from Europe threatening to cause a demographic shift in the NorthEast that would empower Catholics as a voting bloc. If you take the think tank types at the time for their word that demographic shift was a major motivating factor for pushing people out into the suburbs: it broke up those ethnic neighborhoods and prevented them from ever becoming a major political force that would challenge Anglo Saxon "Capitalism".

The religions as political entities have had a significant influence on media as Protestant and Catholic groups have attempted, largely unsuccessfully since the collapse of the Hays code and the National Legion of Decency, to challenge Jewish control over the movie industry....in no small part because their own attempts at alternatives have largely consisted of boring, in your face moralizing with terrible production quality.

Meanwhile though. Keep arguing about what that scary working class white man is going to do to rape you.

Hollywood is circling the wagons. Headline has to be seen to be believed: https://pagesix.com/2018/01/06/acade...in-so-hastily/

Academy Members Now Regret Banning Weinstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    Hollywood is circling the wagons. Headline has to be seen to be believed: https://pagesix.com/2018/01/06/acade...in-so-hastily/

Academy Members Now Regret Banning Weinstein
    Quote mine much? This is the full headline, with the two words that completely alter the meaning restored to it:

Academy members now regret banning Weinstein so hastily

Are you remotely capable of representing anything in an honest manner?

"Headline has to be seen to be believed."

Proof positive that Tony spends more of his time reading headlines than reading the articles underneath them. And he can't even get THOSE right.

No, he knows exactly what he's doing. He relies on the fact that most people will not actually bother to check whatever source he's misrepresenting. I'm sick to death of it.

He was right about having to be seen to be believed, lol.

Moderator and Priest
    You know, I just can't help but think how much smoother Commchat would function without Tony and Gold's random wild flights of conspiratorial fantasies. It's hard having an actual political discussion when you have people popping in to scream about THE JEWS ARE SHITTING IN YOUR CEREAL AND THE BABIES ARE BEING RAPED AND YOU'RE ALL TOO STUPID TO SEE IT!

But on that same note, I can't help but think how much quieter it'd be, too.

It's true we all need a foil. It sometimes brings out the best in us and sometimes the worst but it brings things out and that's where they need to be. Out.

So why haven't you written me a story?

It's occasionally nice to see what the other side is... I hesitate to use the word "thinking" because that's clearly not involved. Opining?

I can certainly say that I wouldn't have taken as much interest in US politics if it hadn't been for the Lord Dampnut thread.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    So why haven't you written me a story?
    Ukulele's broke.

You said ukulele, I read Ulukai, and now I'm curious where Ulukai went.

Moderator and Priest
    He's the one who broke my ukulele.

Ulukai's just busy with life - like normal people. I do miss him.

Well you wouldn't fault a man for needing a ukulele for sex would you? I know they come in so handy for writing stories but some things do take precedence.

Would be nice to hear from him if he isn't too busy though.

I'm watching you, Earthlings.

But are you playing with your ukulele while you watch?

Actually this is beginning to sound like the TTLG of old.

Moderator and Priest
    I use a jaw harp when I go peeping toming.

baw-geet-bow-geet-bog-ge-wa-ge-go-geet...

Well hell, that beats my tuba.

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    Very sensible stuff
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    So am I still ruining TTLG?
    Haha yes

jokes

Also Kolya's alive? That's the best news of 2018.
    Last edited by Scots Taffer; 9th Jan 2018 at 01:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez View Post
    Well, as it turns out, I was living in 2013 and grabbing a tit is a crime, although one that very rarely leads to any legal consequences.
    The true crime of grabbing a single tit is that the other goes unloved.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast