TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T1/2 Spider Hider

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    mission edit only, afaik.
    In that case, how about instead adding a lightsource to a map. Say underwater above a tunnel opening? Could that be done in a script I wonder.

Or how about removing breath timers altogether? Just curious.

Zombified
    without a mission edit (relight), you would have to use dynamic lights, and those have a lot of limitations.

getting rid of (or modifying) the air supply (via dml) is trivial.

That is interesting. How about Craymen? Is removing all of them from a mission easy?

It is The Rebellion of the Builder 2: Mission 9 "The Forgotten Kingdom" that I am curious about. Any chance you could tell me what to do to create this dml that would at least remove air limits from this mission? If not Craymen also?

If what I am asking is too much work then no worries, just thought I'd ask in case it was simply a case of adding a stock line or two to some file then dropping it in.

Zombified
    all that is easy to do - killing off a creature via NVscript is trivial, and you can even spawn a different creature upon death, so if you want to replace them with apebeasts, no problem. you can have a look at the SS2 no spider mod (though I really went overboard with backup setups making sure that each spider is 100% gone) to get the idea - basically, there are many ways of tackling this.

to kill the oxygen requirement, breath config needs to be removed from

M-GarrettDiffNormal (-3994)
    M-GarrettDiffHard (-3995)
    M-GarrettDiffExpert (-3996)

that pretty much means
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesys.dml
    DML1

//load NVscript
    #script "NVScript"

//gills installed
    -ObjProp -3994 "BreathConfig"
    -ObjProp -3994 "AirSupply"
    -ObjProp -3995 "BreathConfig"
    -ObjProp -3995 "AirSupply"
    -ObjProp -3996 "BreathConfig"
    -ObjProp -3996 "AirSupply"

//make the cray go ape
    +Link "Crayman" "ApeBeast" "Corpse"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp "Crayman" "CfgTweqDelete"
    {
    "Halt" Slay Obj
    "AnimC" Sim
    }
    +ObjProp "Crayman" "StTweqDelete"
    {
    "AnimS" On
    }
    +ObjProp "Crayman" "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 0" NVRemovePropertyTrap
    }
    +ObjProp "Crayman" "DesignNote"
    {
    "" NVRemovePropertyTrapOn="BeginScript"; NVRemovePropertyTrapProp="StTweqDelete"; NVRemovePropertyTrapReAdd=1;
    }
    NVscript needs to be loaded, obviously. //tested, works - for crayMEN obviously, not crayBEASTS, as they are a different creature type. total work time was about 15 minutes. make sure the latest NVscript is loaded in some way. also do note that if there is something special set on a crayman that is required to complete the mission, then using the dml will break it.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 2nd Jan 2018 at 07:45.

I have difficulties pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End at the same time. That's too many buttons. Any chance to reconfigure that to one button?

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    I have difficulties pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End at the same time. That's too many buttons. Any chance to reconfigure that to one button?
    Yes, you can! All you have to do is launch Thief 1/2, load up a new game, press esc and click quit twice until you're out of the game. Then, delete Thief from your computer and the level skip cheat should be fixed. Hope that helps.

Excellent, that worked!

Thanks voodoo, appreciate you taking the time. Unfortunately I am a complete know-nothing about scripting or modding thief.

There was no file called gamesys.dml anywhere in my T2 folder so created it in the main folder, and copied everything in the box into it (except for the first line "originally posted by..."). This had no effect.

Moved this gamesys.dml file into the FMs own folder, but it made no difference.

I am guessing then that NVscript is not loaded? TBH I do not know how to load it. I am guessing it is not something Tafferpatcher would automatically switch on. Google doesn't really provide the answer. Is it a line I have to add to a config say?

Sorry about this!

Zombified
    modified the code to autoload NVscript (yes, you need to create a gamesys.dml file in the root and paste in the code, also make sure windows is set to show file extensions, so you don't end up with gamesys.dml.txt file instead), but you need to get the latest version from here: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134166 (extract to the root.)
    Last edited by voodoo47; 2nd Jan 2018 at 07:55.

Great, thanks!

Two final things.
    I am wondering is it possible to make the script work for one mission not globally? If so, would it be a simple matter of adding a line say?

I did install the latest NVScript (was it also necessary to drop the htm in? I had to overwrite a pre-existing osm but there was no pre-existing NVscript.htm)n TG also.
    Last edited by Cigam; 2nd Jan 2018 at 11:38.

Zombified
    I don't think you can make a gamesys.dml work for one mission only in any easy way, but the setup can be replicated in a mission dml that will do the same thing for the concretes.

the htm is pretty much the readme, not required for the script to work.

OK. I did notice that the script does not work when placed in the root folder, nor does it work when placed in the FMs own folder and it is renamed to Miss29.mis.dml. The only way it works is if placed in a dbmods folder in the T2 main folder.

So is there anything obvious that this is a symptom of? I am guessing that that rename and relocation ought to have made it apply to Miss29.mis? Just as simply placing it in the root as gamesys.dml ought to have worked.

Soory for yet another question I am just hoping for an easy fix to make it non-global.

Zombified
    renaming won't help here - the functionality needs to be transferred to the concretes, so no easy fix here. maybe something could be done, but no time to work through the docs at the moment.

should work globally if placed into the root as gamesys.dml, unless there is an old version of NVscript included with the fm that overrides the latest build in the root.

OK fair enough.

An alternative solution would be if you could just press a key to turn on the script? Assuming it won't persist to the next mission.
    Or rather than auto-dying, you have to press a key to kill off the crays?

If you can think of something quickly then great, otherwise forget it, don't spend any more time on this, fair enough.

On another note, the FM does have its own older NVScript but copying the new one over it made no difference. Still has to be in the dbmods folder. But hey ho

Thanks for the work

Actually one more thing. Is NVScipt backwards compatible? Just wondering if there might be any issues in replacing the FMs 2014 version with the new one.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Yes it is.

Zombified
    no keys to activate stuff ingame, dmls don't work that way. however an arrow that turns craymen into apemen, (close to) no problem.

Thanks Yandros. Voodoo, are you referring to frobbing some arrow over its head? That sounds almost like a perfect solution except that I would want the Craybeast (it is a beast I have found) to either die, or change into something benign like a rat. Either way doesn't matter. If this is at all possible that would be great, but if too busy no problem.

EDIT If you meant an arrow as in the shoot-able kind unfortunately that would be no help as the craybest I need to neutralise is underwater. If only the blackjack could be used underwater that would solve all of it
    Last edited by Cigam; 3rd Jan 2018 at 12:28.

Actually you can. While the game isn't running, open user.bnd with notepad (or whichever replacement raw text editor you like) and look for the line that says something like: bind end+alt+ctrl+shift win_mission
    Replace "end+alt+ctrl+shift" with whichever key or combination you want, separating the various key names with "+", such as shift+end or ctrl+q

Actually, does anyone know the achetype name for Fire Elementals? I have tried a few obvious names such as firelemental/fireball/elemental etc but can't seem to find the right one. Just wondering if anyone knows it.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Assuming this is T1G, it is FireElement.

Sorry, it's T2. Thanks though.

Thief 2 does not have fire elementals by default.

Thief 2 does not have fire elementals by default.
    Fair enough. I tried FireElement and it worked though, so guess the FM must have imported them. I just wanted to see if a Fire Elemental would sizzle out if spawned underwater. It didn't

Zombified
    setting water brushes to do water damage is actually dml doable, if memory serves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast