TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Problem with adding weapons to player after cutscene

Problem with adding weapons to player after cutscene

OK I have been using drom ed for awhile now...never made my own missions, just used it basically to edit other Thief 2 FM's so I can add weapons and potions to fan missions. The question I ask is this....when a mission has a cutscene....the weapons I gave the character at the starting point in drom ed are gone after the cutscene is finished. Is there a second starting point after the cutscene I can find in dromed and add the weapons to that? How do I do this? I was editing "Deaths Cold Embrace" and in most FM's the stuff you add to a starting point is still there and you just start the mission.... but in this one it is not...... because it takes you to a storewhere you buy weapons and potions. I am unfamiliar with how to make it so I can edit the store or whatnot.Like I said, I have used drom ed but only in a very limited sense.

An in game store is done differently than the store you see at the start of a mission. While I haven't seen how DCE was written personally I wouldn't go in and change the circuistances of the mission just so I can win easily. I'm not sure if this is what you were aiming at but the author will always work in a solution without the need for adding weapons or potions.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    DCE doesn't have classic cutscenes (movies).
    At the beginning after the scene you get teleported to the place where you start. This isn't the starting point. The real starting point has a playerfactory link to Garrett. Adding stuff there is working as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    An in game store is done differently than the store you see at the start of a mission. While I haven't seen how DCE was written personally I wouldn't go in and change the circuistances of the mission just so I can win easily. I'm not sure if this is what you were aiming at but the author will always work in a solution without the need for adding weapons or potions.
    Look you play like you play and I will play it the way I want. I was just asking a question about the starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by meyou123 View Post
    Look you play like you play and I will play it the way I want. I was just asking a question about the starting point.
    No what you were doing is trying to cheat. Cheating in any game is frowned upon, in which case you're on your own. Many of the authors here put many months of their time into designing and building a mission, and it's disheartening when someone wants to alter the mission so they change the gameplay or circumstances beyond what was intended. I know some missions might have been short on resources, but I've never come across any that I couldn't finish simply because I didn't have a sword or enough health potions. On several occasions I've played the majority of a mission with only one health shield left. I did that by learning to play better.

Basically, you're not likely to get much sympathy or assistance from mission authors on this subject. Most of us feel like John does. Maybe there is some cheater's forum you can go and ask for assistance from?