TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM: Home Sweet Home by Lady Rowena (24 Dec 2017)

Wonderfull mission ...
    ... and the city looks much nicer than last time I was in town

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    ok after 2 hours and 43 min 10141/10426,,,,,,6/8 secrets wow i am impressed

if anyone has a secret list i am curious what ones i missed
    Here is a list:
    (playing on Expert difficulty, in case that matters)

1. Grand Canal SW end, swim S where water drops from large pipe
    2. Candlestick on low wooden roof outside bank manager's kitchen
    3. Enter low balcony S the wooden roof in #2 (jump/drop down from pipe)
    4. Purse above Hammerites' fireplace in kitchen (their main place, not the workshop)
    5. Open passage in house you enter from ventilation gate (switch to the left of unfrobbable door's frame)
    6. Rope into apartment at Swan Crescent 4, open secret behind painting (a classic 'frob book' switch)
    7. The screenshot easter egg: SE-most block, rope up above (unfrobbable) door at Winding Road 2 and slash banner (easiest done standing on the lamp)
    8. Key to safety box nr 20: in bank, on top of combination lock mechanism
    Last edited by jiansonz; 27th Dec 2017 at 14:58.

ty ^

Classical Master 2008
    This has been a real treat, and a good reminder why Lady Rowena was the best among the best. Visuals, story and gameplay, with a personal style that shines through even the reused OM architecture, are all here in this FM. It is, while complex, an accessible mission: at no point was I lost or frustrated, and the objectives followed logically one after the other. You could say it is more linear than the first two missions in The Seven Sisters, but it wasn't really jarring or intrusive at all. The exploration aspect, which was in addition to the main plot, was also very enjoyable (and I still ended up missing a lot of loot, even though I got all keys). There is a lot of replayability in the mission, and I guess a lot more secrets to find! (However, I did find the easter egg gallery. Clever and frustrating... but fair!)

We could obsess endlessly about what more could have been, but I think we should be thankful for what has been found after being lost so long. Kudos to Yandros for making it ready for release!

No, YOU have something in your eye

Thanks for this

Thanks Lady Rowena. I played this fm on pre-beta in 2014 and was a great honor for me. I'll never forgot you Adriana.

And thanks to Yandros for this release.

Thank you so much for this precious gift!!!!

Thoroughly enjoying this one, it's a classic. Thanks Yandros and I'm so sad I can't thank Lady Rowena. But also glad that she left us this gem.

Mission finished, Beautiful mission, lovely textures, very good houses architecture, The skyboxe is amazing, good ambient sounds, enjoyable and easygoing gameplay and a captivating story line, the only thing i would change here would be the terrain textures and convert them to PNG format, personally i don't like how DDS textures are displayed in gamemode, and from what i 've seen in the mission, small areas , houses close to each other the map would support well PNG textures without affecting the game performance. Other than that this is a perfect Job. Judging the way the mission ended there will be a continuation?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Judging the way the mission ended there will be a continuation?
    You'd better re-read the readme (or the first post in the thread, under Mission Information).

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    You'd better re-read the readme (or the first post in the thread, under Mission Information).
    Ahhh, i´ve read it, thanks.

Great atmosphere, thanks to textures, map design, music and ambient sounds. Really enjoyed playing this.

Almost finished, but got a few questions:

1. Where do I find key 18. Read the note about the dying guy handing over another key.
    2. What does the mysterious key open?
    3. In the Pharmacy, where is the key for the metal door?

Thanks.

A stunning mission and its release is a sad but appropriate tribute to Lady Rowena.

I have a few questions:

- Where is key 18? I know it involves the sewer maintenance man, but the key you can find at his wake is a different one, and #18 doesn't seem to be in the box opened by THAT key, either.
    - Is there way to open to combination lock in the bank? If so, where is the combination?
    - Where is the key to the jeweller's shop? I figure itshould be with Nolan, but I can't find him and it doesn't seem to be in his room at the Merry Widow, either.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    2. What does the mysterious key open?
    Is that the one you pick up at the wake? If so, go through the secret areas listed earlier in the thread. More specifically, the channel with water falling from a metal pipe.

What a great mission, glad it got released! Thank you Yandros, I'm sure Lady Rowena would've been proud.

Arrowgrab

Thanks for the hint.

For the bank combination: Seek out the manager's house and look for his wife's diary.

Jewellers:Find another way in - from higher up!

And another question ! How do I ge into the Security systems shop?
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 28th Dec 2017 at 05:14.

Looking for that key#18 that opens the deposit box at the bank.

Of well, just finished it (at work! ). I am still dumbfounded by the ending, while in pharmacist’s house I was thinking: hmm, it’s simple, it feels almost anticlimactic. Then, BAM! I did not see that coming.

Time: 1:50:37. Real time: about 10-12 hours spread over three days. Playstyle: as usual, blind supreme ghosting (with short explorative BJ runs at few places I deemed tricky: police station, bank manager’s, winding road and bank, followed by reload). Alas, failed...

Found 9882 out of 10426 (12 left out intentionally for supreme; after consulting the loot list, I realized I also missed: twice coins, secret balcony, candlestick on wooden roof, purse under bench, secret purse at hammerites', secret money box in sewer and the unusual money box at Mollin's, I thought it’s mere decoration).
    Pockets picked: 7 out of 14 (not picked: 6 arrows on archers and bank key)
    Locks picked: 34 (!). I tried to keep, klatremus-style, this number as low as I could, but I'm unsure whether I achieved the minimum possible.
    Backstabs, Knockouts, Damage Dealt/Taken, Healing Taken, Innocents/Others Killed, Iron Beasts Destroyed/Disabled: all 0.
    Secrets found: 4 out of 8 (three missed as per above, after reading a spoiler here I realised that the last one is impossible for ghost since it involves property damage. I did not even pick the sword, so I must restart the mission to see how it looks like).

I couldn’t find a way to supreme steal the 12 gold from Charlotte’s bedroom. I originally though it’s not even ghostable, but after getting all other loot I thought I gave it another shot. I went back and managed to pick the box after removing light sources. I used the same method as at Norden’s, where believe it or not I could clean up the place without touching the light switch and without a single chirp from the mechanical face; it was however a mighty exercise of sheer tediousness, and if that did not teach me patience, I don’t know what else would (well, that, and sneaking past those four unnerving enemies around mechanist place, with their opposite patrolling directions, I could barely find openings to move around...).

I personally busted the ghost mode by consulting the loot list when failing to gather all deposit box keys while still outside. It never occurred to me that one might be inside the bank. After fruitlessly spending a couple of hours wandering though city, I had to choose between restart + avoid triggering the objective for supreme and cheat. I took the easy way…

Another avoidable bust (for Supreme only) was in my case the fact that the Nolan objective did not check off, even after entering the room. Probably because I had already lost my way in there, before receiving the objective. Of course, I could restart and ensure that I get the objective early enough, but since anyway I cannot claim success as per above, I won’t bother now with it. For later replays, sure….

I judge the mission as “not ghostable” anyway, due to the ending. One might argue that it was scripted and/or invoke the “Undercover” precedent. But it doesn’t hold, imho. There is no explicit objective asking to trigger the alarm, nor to meet Mr. Mercuzio, therefore both are busts to all ghost modes. The rest can be ghosted, perfect thieved, supremed, however not perfect-supremed, and the process of doing so was fun (the occasional irritations like jeweler’s and hammerites’ were more than compensated by the dopamine-inducing completions of those areas).

Overall, a very nice mission, great looking, immersive open city, nice readables delivering a nice story, but also hints (e.g. without the explicit reference, it wouldn't have occured to search for the sunken ring). I also enjoyed the small details like house numbers. Lady Rowena legacy reached us even from beyond her final resting place, thank you Yandros for making this possible.
    Last edited by ultravioletu; 28th Dec 2017 at 07:43. Reason: Added locks picked stats...

@frobbing hood: you must come from above.

@onetruekeeper: you probably missed a secret early on. Subtle hint: box #18 contains payment for help with some illegal adoption stuff. Does this ring a bell?

More about key #18:

Hint: Apart from the safety box customers list, there is another readable that mentions the person who rents the box. The key is quite close.

Specific place: Apartment at Swan Crest 4 (rope up)

Outright spoiler: in the secret compartement behind a painting (frob book to open)

Thanks ultravioletu. How did I miss that?
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 28th Dec 2017 at 12:23.

Still don't know what the mysterious key is for though.....
    Go for a swim in the SW end of Grand Canal.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, the one you got from the dead sewer maintenance man's wake, you have to take it to the SW part of the map and look for a part of the canal where water is flowing out from thick pipe. Swim underwater BELOW the pipe.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see jiansonz's reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravioletu View Post
    I couldn’t find a way to supreme steal the 12 gold from Charlotte’s bedroom. I originally though it’s not even ghostable
    Sorry but you can probably blame me for that. I was one of the beta testers and although I did not ghost the mission from beginning to end, I did manage to ghost each building individually so said to Yandros that yes I believe the mission to be ghostable.

Sadly there are very few ghosters who beta test, I certainly am not one myself, but when beta testing I always try to get every bit of loot, and past every guard without being seen, without using any arrows or turning off any lights. However from my understanding of the ghosting rules if it is 100% impossible to get to a piece of loot without turning off a light (as in the case of Charlotte's apartment), then it is considered acceptable. As for supreme ghosting, I'm afraid I don't think I have ever read the rules.

There does seem to be a lack of regular testers, we see the same names time after time on Shalesbridge, and we do have a supreme need for ghosters to help out, so why not join us, you would be very welcome.

It may be a bit early to mention this, but I do fear that with possible 20+ missions being released at the end of the year for the T20 contest, the beta testers available will struggle to manage so many all at the same time, so if anyone has thought about beta testing but never actually thrown their hat into the ring, this year will be the year we will need you. As well as that it might be advisable for any authors who get their mission ready before November to get them tested early in order to take the pressure off the testers in the final few weeks.
    Last edited by fortuni; 28th Dec 2017 at 14:10.

Oh, don't worry about that, none will blame anyone!

First of all, not every mission is supposed to be supremed, most of the fun comes from attempting to find out whether is it or not. The outcome matter less...

Secondly, you were technically right, that building is ghostable (I can take the loot without alerts, by only turning off two lights, which is not allowed for supreme, but okay for regular/strict ghost). Btw, the rules are here, and recently we had a lively discussion on them here.

Probably in the same way I missed the coins in the church, despite specifically inspecting the floor - as this kind of loot is now bordering on cliché, I suspected there might be something.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast