TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: New T2 FM: Home Sweet Home by Lady Rowena (24 Dec 2017)

Thanks!

Thank you Yandros and crew for making this mission ready to play.
    It is great.
    Big respect and thoughts goes out to Lady Rowena.

It was wonderful to play this mission and see Lady Rowena's signature style and sensitive and beautiful storytelling one last time. Thank you so much for releasing this, Yandros!

In terms of overall quality this was a step up from even the Seven Sisters.
    Have to strongly disagree with this comment. You must not have played Seven Sisters in a while. I consider Seven Sisters and Rowena's Curse to be her masterpiece missions and far superior to Home Sweet Home. Graphically, sure Home Sweet Home looks pretty darn good. But game play, objectives, and story? I prefer Seven Sisters and Rowena's Curse over Home Sweet Home any day. That's just my opinion though. Perhaps others here agree.
    Last edited by cavador_8; 21st Mar 2018 at 22:53.

i personaly feel so lucky to have played anything rowena made and feel they are all amazing missions

maybe one day someone could at least make a part 2 for home sweet home as its kinda layed out in end of mission 1,but not sure what mission 3 was to be,if simaler to 1/2 or if she would have pulled a seven sisters type 3 rd mission

if there is a after life i am sure she made them for us when we get there

home sweet home was a classic is my view and that is all that matters

the room with dewdrop for gloria and those letter made the mission mean alot more to me

i am happy to know dewdrop was on her mind

I've enjoy all of Rowena's campaigns. I thought that Rowena's Curse was the best, with Seven Sisters overstaying its welcome just a little bit. I'm sure Home Sweet Home would have certainly been on par with her others had she been able to finished the whole campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer2112 View Post
    Seven Sisters overstaying its welcome just a little bit.
    Curious what you mean by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Curious what you mean by this.
    I just thought that the ending of the last mission was drawn out a bit. I was ready for the campaign to be over long before it was. I did still enjoy the campaign a lot, but thought Rowena's Curse was better.

I happen to find this FM, Lady Rowena's last FM the other day. I downloaded immediately. When I first started it, it made me sad, knowing this would be her last one. But, I'm so glad the community, and you taffers were able to release this to us. Makes it all the more special. I'm about done, I just wanted to say........thank you Lady R. We all love you, and your legacy will go on for years to come.

I tried hard to make my playthrough last longer. I knew what I had to do next but I didn't want to open that store and come close to the end. I just wanted to go on and on and on, for ever walking around the streets under that amazing night sky listening to that sad little music theme and trying to find imaginary hidden secrets and plot pieces... just because I knew that there will be no more...

I played this mission today...

Makes me sad I'll never live to see the continuation of the story... due to the worst reason ;( ;(

I will really miss her.

i don't see why the fan mission makers cant do a project together finishing this mission series

according to the end of mission 1 it pretty much lets you know what goal of series is,i heard it was to be 3 missions,second i would guess would be either rescuing person,or preparing to rescue the person on mission 3,or rescue person in mission 2 and in mission 3 possibly escaping after your return person?

since there would be 2 more mission the direction can be flip flopped a lot of ways to change how it would play out=so the fan mission makers can do something that appeals to them while still keeping mission set true to what we know it was suppose to be

of course i would guess that the map for mission 2 and 3 would be different then mission 1?,that is one thing i never found out what direction would the map or maps go for mission 2 or 3,would she have stuck with om maps converted,or made a new map?

i just want to say i think we all miss lady rowena a lot and all the other fan mission authors who left us way to soon.

i dream one day thief 1/gold/2 can get a snap map editor then i would love to make makes=look up "doom snap maps" on you tube to see how amazing it is

if anyone know about how mission 2 or 3 were suppose to take place/maps? and what mission 2 and 3 order of things for garrett to do as in main objective order for series end

i just feel the om she used was a great option as a lot of those building can be reworked to be place and possibly making entire series on that single om map,kinda how other missions do that "one with fen as a hammer" also a great example,each mission had different things to do over all for each day

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i don't see why the fan mission makers cant do a project together finishing this mission series
    Because sometimes it's best to leave things as they are.

What fortuni said.

Indeed, it would be best to leave the things as-is. It's not that it's completely banned - every author is able to do whatever he wishes, but a follow-up will be certainly frowned upon by the community.

Because, as soon as you want to create a follow-up art of someone else, you're stepping into his shoes. They may turn out too big, too small, or inconvenient.

I'm not saying that there aren't skilled enough authors. It's rather that different authors work in different ways with DromEd. DromEd is just the tool, and just like different artists use the brushes differently, the fact is simple: just like nobody will be able to re-imagine The Potato Eaters and Sunflowers of Van Gogh, thus nobody will be completely able to emulate Rowena's style.

Let the authors work on their own missions. If they've been inspired by Rowena, a simple tribute: like a painting, a plaque, statue could be placed in their FMs. That's enough.

Plus, why should people try to create a follow-up to Lady Rowena's missions? There are numerous abandoned projects by the others. The Hammerite Imperium. CoSaS...

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I agree with fortuni and B_T. We seriously considered modifying the ending to make this stand alone without the cliffhanger ending, but decided that the most respectful thing for her legacy and memory was to release it as she would have with as little change as possible. For the same reason, I think trying to create the second and third missions with literally nothing to start from aside from some screenshots, some books and a briefing synopsis, would not be a good idea and would not probably be well received by some folks in the community. It's best to just leave her legacy intact as it is now IMHO.

I finally got T2 and a FM loader installed on my jenky computer after a few years off. This mission is the first I've played in a while and I love it. Knowing that it is the last from Lady Rowena I kind of don't want to finish the mission.

I thought that I had the code for the vault in the bank but it doesn't open. I found the code from a diary and it should be three less than the date on the date on the diary page. Am I off track?

That should be the right idea. I did not note exactly how I extracted the code from that diary, but the result should be "1512" (derived from the date December 15th). Try that if you have not done so yet.

I misread the clues then because I wrote down the date on the page in the diary minus three days.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456