TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - A Short Night's Work - 26 Dec 2017

Quote Originally Posted by piesel View Post
    when i try to mantle from the rope arrow Garrett always rebounds.
    Garrett rebounds off rope arrows when his face/body touches the feather end, so with this ledge as the arrow is pointing diagonally up when you climb the rope arrow there's a good chance youll touch the feather end. Try standing as far away from the ledge as possible and attempt to get the arrow to enter the wood as close to 90 degrees as possible. You can also try to use 2/3 rope arrows and jump from one to the other to get into a better position before you mantle up.

@ radogoal
    Check out the buildings in the NW corner of the dock area you started in
    Last edited by fortuni; 27th Dec 2017 at 10:17.

Thanks fortuni, managed to get back on the ledge but the problem is now i can't reenter through the window: it's like Garrett isn't completely standing on the ledge, one small maneuver and it falls again. I think a slightly longer ledge would have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    @ radogoal
    Check out the buildings in the NW corner of the dock area you started in
    you mean the corner with the two wodden boxes? i climbed up to the platform analyzed the shutters and the door, but i can't find anything

@radogoal: If you can't find a route at ground level or below, or via water, see if there is an alternative higher up. You may have to go a long way round.

Route-finding is the main point of this mission. Cast around everywhere for a route, and to paraphrase Sherlock Holmes: "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the way to go."

@piesel: OK, you've got the angle, now try placing the arrow (or a second one) to the left or right of the current position. It can be done!

Quote Originally Posted by piesel View Post
    If someone can help me climbing out of this place would be great
    I attempted to explain it. Did you try my suggestion?

If you could explain exactly where that place is, giving directions to get there or description of nearby surroundings, I can try it.

I am stuck at the very beginning. I simply can't find a way out of the starting area near a guard post and a canal in the absence of weapons and arrows. None of the doors are frobbable. I also checked the canal, but found nothing.

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I am stuck at the very beginning. I simply can't find a way out of the starting area near a guard post and a canal in the absence of weapons and arrows. None of the doors are frobbable. I also checked the canal, but found nothing.
    Check the double windows on the shack next to you (bring a crate if it is too noisy to get through). Then, if you are still stuck, go for a swim.

@ ticky

or you can mantle up onto the wooden structure over the bridge and use the lamppost to get onto the roof of the stone building, and onto the ledge around the outside of the dock.

Now I'm in the quarter, where the guy with the purple jackett is walking throug the street. i knocked him out,but now i can't find a way back to the roofs

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Check the double windows on the shack next to you (bring a crate if it is too noisy to get through).
    You don't have to go through that window. Inside the window is a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i knocked him out,but now i can't find a way back to the roofs
    There is one place, in the last beta, where you can get down to the street level but there is no route up. Loading a save is the only option there, unless it has been fixed. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    @ ticky

or you can mantle up onto the wooden structure over the bridge and use the lamppost to get onto the roof of the stone building, and onto the ledge around the outside of the dock.
    That's the best solution I think, thank you

Also, I am stuck again. I've been at the docks, all the nearby houses, and the big courtyard building with the deep pool and the hammers as well. I think I need to go north from here, but cannot find any way. I've also been in a building where there are closed ports leading to the street level.

Classical Master 2008
    Also, I am stuck again. I've been at the docks, all the nearby houses, and the big courtyard building with the deep pool and the hammers as well. I think I need to go north from here, but cannot find any way. I've also been in a building where there are closed ports leading to the street level.
    In the pool house, get down to the walkway crossing right over the bottom. There is an archer to avoid, then you will come to a closed-off little courtyard, where you need to look up for a high beam.

Also don't forget to check behind crates

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    In the pool house, get down to the walkway crossing right over the bottom. There is an archer to avoid, then you will come to a closed-off little courtyard, where you need to look up for a high beam.
    Thank you so much! Damn, that switch behind the crate. That's definitely something I did not expect from an - at least for the first look - predictable FM. Cleverly done!

i wanted to mention a few things about mission at the start i did not do what i was suppose to i first jump on ledge by water then i mantled on to the angled roof where you walk across water,then i jump to the roof then had access to wall,that is how i started mission,as i did not know there was a window to go into :P

also i found 2 blackjacks i was able to pick up one is in the weapons room other one is by water in a window you jump in to,funny thing is if you ~ key weapons you have both blackjacks,but only 1 sword was frobable,not sure if skip sword in weapon area,if the other sword along the way in mission,quite a few of them would maybe frobable?

keep em' coming bbb you are in my top 10 fan mission authors

also not one burrick in mission?

A new mission from BBB is always good news!

I seem to have run out of places to go.

I found the switch ticky mentioned above, which opened up a new area, but now I'm not sure where to go next. I've made my way to street level in three different parts of the map (where nobles walk around) only to find nothing there, and no way out (!) I followed a guard on a circular route (in this new area) that seems to go nowhere, and I dropped over a wall and opened the door that leads back to the docks (triggering the "Objective complete" for my last objective ("When all your objectives are done, get back to your starting point"), but I have apparently not broken into the mayor's house or stolen all his loot yet. What area of the map have I missed?

Aaaaaand, as these things usually go, I've figured it out.

Well, maybe. I've at least squeezed my way into a vent that's led to a series of rooms including an unexpected rendition of the "Master Willy / Lady Van Vernon" insults. Maybe that'll take me where I need to be?

Wow, that wasn't exactly a 'short night's work', but a lovely mission!
    Actually this is a pretty large map!
    However, the mission guides you pretty well, thus preventing you from scratching your head and wondering where to continue.
    If you get stuck, then for sure you must have missed some place nearby.
    The only thing I did not like was that the mission ends as soon as you enter the canal area at the start, since I was not done with looting yet.
    It would have been better to make the actual start area to be the exit area.

Also, at the beginning I was very confused about the non-frobbable gate levers and switches. First I thought I might be missing some scripts in my installation, before I realized that this is how it is supposed to be. So, I spent a long time in the start-area searching for some way out, not noticing the shutters at the little shed.

Thanks a lot for this mission!
    Last edited by gnartsch; 28th Dec 2017 at 04:43.

I'm despaired of the house of the mayor.

How can i get there?

@radogoal: It's very hard to describe from the start. Where are you now?

Currently I'm in a quadrangle, in which a guard is standing on a green roof gable and in the near there are three mossarrows on the windowsill

How to squeeze through there? The crouch button does nothing, thanks for any help.

I'm in the small closed courtyard with the wooden ledge up above:

Last edited by piesel; 28th Dec 2017 at 08:27.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast