TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - A Short Night's Work - 26 Dec 2017

Small warning not to drop bodies on the drawbridge. They fall through and drown.

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    Currently I'm in a quadrangle, in which a guard is standing on a green roof gable and in the near there are three mossarrows on the windowsill
    OK. Grating at N end of green gable. Eventually rope up in SE corner of quadrangle.

Quote Originally Posted by piesel View Post
    How to squeeze through there? The crouch button does nothing, thanks for any help.
    Shoot the rope arrow here and try again:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ropearrow.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	2442

It's been a couple of years since I last played a mission rather than test it and this has really got me in the mood for more. I think there were a few minor issues here and there but I had been saving often so getting stuck sometimes wasn't a big deal. My lack of progress now and then was entirely down to my lack of proper looking and searching. I sometimes forget to stand up.

But, despite the very few niggles, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was loads of fun and I will be going back to search for the rest of the loot as it's an enticing environment and I just have to make sure I've been everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Shoot the rope arrow here and try again:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ropearrow.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	2442
    Maybe i not explained well (my fault), i'm up there but the problem is that Garrett doesn't want to squeeze through the window, the crouch button does nothing, it seems like Garrett is not completely on the ledge and one small movement and it falls back to the ground. I have the same exact problem in the small courtyard where a rope arrow and a spice bag can be picked up. Some glitch on my end? I remember other missions where i had some problems entering tight spaces (usually solved sliding perpendicular to the entry way), unfortunately here doesn't seems to work.

"i'm up there but the problem is that Garrett doesn't want to squeeze through the window"

I explained the technique to you previously, but you did not respond, and evidently you did not attempt to follow my suggestion. You need to mantle from lower down. Plant the rope at the center of the window opening, where ffox says, or even lower in the beam. Mantle before you get to the top of the rope. Then when you mantle you go right into the window opening. It does not work to stand on the beam and then crouch. You need to start over with the rope-mantle. In general, crouch first, them mantle, or mantle from lower on the rope, as I said previously.

gotta admit... there were some times in this mission that had me nerves on end....
    the mayor's house was one.... the way in seemed too obvious... thought I was walking into a trap......

@piesel: I've PM'd you a link to a little video demonstrating smithpd's method.

I explained the technique to you previously, but you did not respond, and evidently you did not attempt to follow my suggestion. You need to mantle from lower down. Plant the rope at the center of the window opening, where ffox says, or even lower in the beam. Mantle before you get to the top of the rope. Then when you mantle you go right into the window opening. It does not work to stand on the beam and then crouch. You need to start over with the rope-mantle. In general, crouch first, them mantle, or mantle from lower on the rope, as I said previously.
    Thanks for your detailed description Smithpd, finally i solved the problem: i checked the "cam_ext.cfg" file in the T2 directory and (don't know why) i had a semi-colon in front of the "new-mantle" option that prevented it to work, removed the semi-colon and now at the first try i managed to mantle correctly and to enter the window.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks again to you and ffox for the detailed help.
    Last edited by piesel; 28th Dec 2017 at 15:53.

@piesel: I've PM'd you a link to a little video demonstrating smithpd's method.
    Thanks for the video ffox, the problem was on my end with a misplaced command in the cam_ext file that prevented new mantle to work correctly.

Sorry for the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by piesel View Post
    finally i solved the problem: i checked the "cam_ext.cfg" file in the T2 directory and (don't know why) i had a semi-colon in front of the "new-mantle" option that prevented it to work, removed the semi-colon and now at the first try i managed to mantle correctly and to enter the window.
    Yeah

On with the mission!

@ Nickie
    Could you add a note in bbb's OP informing players to make sure NewMantle is activated.

Sure. It used to be the case that new_mantle was automatically activated when using Tafferpatcher or TFix. And then I think it wasn't. I do think it's the case again now but it's definitely worth checking if you have problems.

I'm stuck at Lord Alexander's manor. I don't have an idea about where the safe key from the "other side" bedroom could be (the one mentioned by the guy drunk from wine), and also, even been on the top floor I think, but could not find the money of the Lord.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I'm stuck at Lord Alexander's manor. I don't have an idea about where the safe key from the "other side" bedroom could be (the one mentioned by the guy drunk from wine), and also, even been on the top floor I think, but could not find the money of the Lord.

Any suggestions?
    free image hosting

I have no idea how to get up there (I'm in Lord Alexander's garden right now). Also have a small back gate key and a safe key 4 that I don't find anywhere to use.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I have no idea how to get up there (I'm in Lord Alexander's garden right now). Also have a small back gate key and a safe key 4 that I don't find anywhere to use.
    You are looking at the place you need to be, the stone beam on the left. You have the all the keys that you need. The small back gate key opens the small metal door on the third floor, above the stairwell, near the master's bedroom where you found it.

Wow, that was a much larger mission than I was expecting. Well done though, I love rooftop missions. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    You are looking at the place you need to be, the stone beam on the left. You have the all the keys that you need. The small back gate key opens the small metal door on the third floor, above the stairwell, near the master's bedroom where you found it.
    Thank you!

Also, I finished on Hard with 14089 loot, I see that total is around 15000, I hope I didn't miss any major or interesting area.

I love this kind of "endless", better said long time exploring. I could do it for at least 2 more hours with more new areas. Thank you BBB for a great gameplay!
    Last edited by ticky; 29th Dec 2017 at 07:21.

Finished on expert with all secrets and short of 250 loot, really fun mission, large and with many interesting areas.

Many thanks to bbb for providing such an entertaining mission.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    there is also a note of who has all the keys in the side guard room...pinned to the notice board If I remember.

OK. Grating at N end of green gable. Eventually rope up in SE corner of quadrangle.
    yes i see the wooden balcony and it is also possible zu set a rope arrow, but i find no wy to get on the rope?

Diving right in now that I've completed Lady Rowena's legacy mission...

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    yes i see the wooden balcony and it is also possible zu set a rope arrow, but i find no wy to get on the rope?
    Hop on the wall by the steps between the two yellow metal pillars. Shoot a rope arrow into the middle of the side of the balcony facing you. Walk south along the wall to the shallow corner and hop across to the rope.

I need a hint.

How do I get to Alexander's place? I found the note that explains that he's the bad guy, I also found a 'small gate key' in the same room. Finding no way to progress any more in that general area, I backtracked all the way back to the starting area. I got over the first wall N of it (landed on a large barrel - took some damage but I'm OK) but I can't get past the main gate to Alexander's place. I can reach the lock for it, but none of my keys fit and I can't pick it. His walls are so high that I'll bump my head into the 'mission roof' if I try to find a way over it.

???

EDIT: Found it! One of those countless unfrobbable gates has a lockbox I hadn't noticed...
    Last edited by jiansonz; 29th Dec 2017 at 17:40.

Can't seem to find the 4th key. Not sure where Alexander is, since he has it. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

How can i make a screenshot during a game

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast