TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - A Short Night's Work - 26 Dec 2017

Strange. I found this mission to be quite linear. If your stuck, just look high and low and you will find a way through.

Fantastic mission, very deceptive title as there was nothing short about this!

Thank you BBB for this gem, really enjoyed it!

Thanks BBB for this mission. It was pretty challenging for me, especially since the guards seem to have better than usual hearing. I missed 2 secrets and about 400 loot, but I'm pretty sure I know where these things are. No kills and used very little equipment. Just hid in shadows. Thanks for providing decent darkness

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    I missed 2 secrets and about 400 loot, but I'm pretty sure I know where these things are.
    I got all secrets but missed 475 loot. Am I suffering from 'loot blindness'?

Nice mission.

I can't find a way into the mayor's mansion. I was only in the beginning area, in harbour and Hammerite area with a swimming pool. No idea where to go.

wow!
    this mission packed a ton of places to explore into a (relatively) small package. thank you so much BBB!
    Aside: can anyone recommend similar tightly-packed FMs? I recall a recent one in a snowy town square, and one in a multi-level warren of apartments...
    I ended short a couple of secrets, if anyone has made a list I'll dive back in.

Fun mission! 3 Hours 30 min to Complete, so many secrets (found em all) and 14,604 loot obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    I can't find a way into the mayor's mansion.
    It is complicated with a few intermediate locations. I'm not going to give you a detailed walkthrough, but I can get you started. From the second floor of the hammerite building (the pool is on the first floor), sneak past an archer to find a way outside to a stone balcony. Above the balcony is a window that you can rope up to and mantle through. Inside that area, find a switch behind a crate. Go down the trap door. Continue to find the next location.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    free image hosting

I have no idea how to get up there (I'm in Lord Alexander's garden right now). Also have a small back gate key and a safe key 4 that I don't find anywhere to use.
    Where is this building????

As ticky says below the picture, in Lord Alexander's garden.

Do you want to know how to get there? If so, describe where you are at the moment.

I'm here

dump001

I've already been at the Mayor's

OK. Go back to the Mayor's, climb the ladder E of the entrance, unlock the metal gate and cross the planks .

Try 'Roofs of Gold'
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    wow!
    this mission packed a ton of places to explore into a (relatively) small package. thank you so much BBB!
    Aside: can anyone recommend similar tightly-packed FMs? I recall a recent one in a snowy town square, and one in a multi-level warren of apartments...
    I ended short a couple of secrets, if anyone has made a list I'll dive back in.

Ok, I had forgotten that gate, thank you!!!!!

After a break I now have finished this Fan Mission. I found all 15 secrets and missed only 260 in loot. I had to use my owl senses here and there
    This mission was truly a masterpiece and I had a lot of fun playing it. I played on expert difficulty. Gameplay was demanding, but never frustrating. There were also a lot of climbing and crouching opportunities - a seldom encounter in fan missions, especially for crawling parts.
    The architecture was held simply and gave me a classic Thief feeling.

In short: Thank you for releasing such a masterpiece

I only need safe key 3 that should be worn by a sergeant. Cannot find it..........

In his bedroom downstairs

Completed. I wanted to say a BIG thank you to bbb for making this amazing fm, in the most classical Thief way. Lots of things to do and places to explore.
    I really loved playing it, every single moment!

THANK YOU!!!

Thank you for you kind words. I am glad people are enjoying playing this mission. A special thanks to my testers - fFox, Nightwalker and Peter Smith. They were excellent and greatly improved the gameplay.

Off to start a TG mission for the 20th Anniversary Contest.

BBB

Southquarter.com/fms
    Enjoying this mission bbb, but it seems very odd that there's no way out of this location:

Wouldn't it have been pretty simple to put a small wood beam somewhere so we could rope arrow out? Let me know if I'm missing anything.

Edit: Found a way out just after posting this. You just have to sacrifice a rope arrow. So, onward.
    Last edited by Brethren; 9th Jan 2018 at 00:53.

Wow!
    What an extravanganza of architectural confusion! Of course, I loved it!
    Got 13 of 15 secrets and fell about 1400 loot short of total. I'm sure I missed a lot of pathways.
    When there are so many branching possibilities it's easy to forget or get lost or just end up where you can't go back.
    At least, that was my experience.
    I don't think I really knew where I was more than about 20% of the time.
    I'm a sucker for any mission that has multiple pathways, lots of climbing and exploring, and really uses the vertical well.
    Good one!

Beat the mission last week after getting really stuck at a point not knowing how to go forward and then trying to go back to the beginning and also trying to go down to the ground floor at places which did not help and could get stuck. Was fun mission once able to figure it out.

Some hints for those stuck:

1) The place that I got stuck.
    spoiler:
    Where you go down some stairs and there are these two generators. There is a hidden wall switch behind one of them that opens up the path needed to go forward.

2) Where you need to get the keys for the safe
    spoiler:
    One of the keys is noted as the Captain Guards Key. I was going to leave the building where this note was located thinking the guard would be at the front of Alexanders place but just keep looking in the building where you found the note.

3) One of the objectives is to go back to where you started from after complete objectives.
    spoiler:
    I was worried after I got to Alexanders place and completed objectives i would have to go back the long way came in to the place through roofs. But you can leave through the front once you find the drawbridge key which will lead you straight to the place you began nearby.

so lost ... got through the first section ... am wandering everywhere it seems in the second section ... got weapons have one the
    harbor tower key ... cannot figure out where this window i'm suppose to rope to ... plase help

@maika,

It is not clear to me exactly where you have been and where you are. There are a number of windows. Please describe in detail where you are and what you see. For example, the second major area after the harbor is the Hammerite buillding. That and the Hammerite Tower are accessible (after many twists and turns) by following a high ledge above the harbor water that is outside the Princess's room.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast