TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Creating a Frankenstein's monster out of objects

Creating a Frankenstein's monster out of objects

I'm not sure whether this is possible or not. I might have even known how to do it in the past myself, but I'm still suffering from amnesia when it comes to DromEd.

I am working on a mission for the anniversary contest. As I mentioned in another post, I need a torch that can be mounted directly on the floor. Unfortunately TG doesn't have such a thing. However, I have managed to concoct a decent looking torch using lever02, a bunch of bowls and other objects. Now what I want to ask is if it is possible to add a new archetype in the gamesys that links all these objects together, so for example if I create the lever it would automatically create the bowls and the rest at the correct heights? Like when you create a fire and the particle effects get created automatically.

I tried creating many different links between these objects but couldn't get it to work.

You can use the new DetailAttchement link. See modders_notes.

It's like ParticleAttachement, but is designed specifically to combine objects. You should create new archetypes for each of the components so they don't inherit unhelpful properties. E.g. the attached objects must not have any physics properties.

The direction rules are the same as the PA link. I.e. the part is linked to the main object.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Also DetailAttachement links give you full control over placement without crazy angles in the thousands like CreatureAttachments. You just specify X,Y,Z translation offsets and H,B,T rotations. With some work you should be able to create an archetype that will pop out of the gamesys fully assembled.

Zombified
    just remember, no physics on the attachments.

So you may want an invisible object with appropriate physics to provide for collisions. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Pagan torch is in the T1 Hierarchy, no?

Zombified
    yeah, physics should be provided by the mother object, if possible.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Also, I'm pretty sure that the Pagan torch is in the T1 Hierarchy, no?
    No.

Thanks everyone. I had forgotten about the "no physics" rule. That was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    No.
    Oh.