TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FM Stats for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    I find T2 movement way too bobbing and swaying. If you want to see the worst of it, just play something like first mission from the Godbreaker campaign, the one with those awful slanted rooftops. Modern games are a bit more fluid and transparent in that regard. While TDM is no Mirror's Edge, it's actually surprisingly close to it.
    Show me on the doll where Godbreaker touched you.

I find T2 movement way too bobbing and swaying. If you want to see the worst of it, just play something like first mission from the Godbreaker campaign, the one with those awful slanted rooftops. Modern games are a bit more fluid and transparent in that regard. While TDM is no Mirror's Edge, it's actually surprisingly close to it.
    I don't know. Perhaps its the years of heavy play but I'm very comfortable with thief 2 movement. I prefer it over Darkmod and most games. New_mantle rocks tho.
    Compared to Darkmod it takes more skill to master movement and I like that very much, though everyone that had to sprint circle jump into mantle with old_mantle knows there's a limit to the madness, especially when it starts to break immersion. But still...

Godbreaker to me looked amazing and actually loved the rooftops unfortunately It didn't go well with my play style. Hope that Taffer makes more
    Last edited by neux; 24th Jan 2018 at 13:54.

Unfortunately, long loading times are often result of using many complex brushes, as the engine tries to optimize them and merge intersecting/unused triangles. Version 2.06 uses multiple CPU cores and that speeds loading times up a bit.
    It's been a while since I've messed with GtkRadiant and its variants. But, if you don't mind getting your hands dirty making custom models, Blender, 3DS Max, etc, can be used. Convert the models into .MD5 format for use in TDM missions.

Here's a LINK for the converter tools.

Quote Originally Posted by neux View Post
    Godbreaker to me looked amazing and actually loved the rooftops unfortunately It didn't go well with my play style. Hope that Taffer makes more
    Just out of curiosity, what is your play style? I tried to keep it fairly open ended as far as options go...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    It's been a while since I've messed with GtkRadiant and its variants. But, if you don't mind getting your hands dirty making custom models, Blender, 3DS Max, etc, can be used. Convert the models into .MD5 format for use in TDM missions.

Here's a LINK for the converter tools.

I've been making models for TDM for around half a year now, as my WIP mission is 99% custom models and textures. Fortunately, you only need MD5 format for animated models, for static meshes you can use .ASE format, which is supported natively by majority of modeling software.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is your play style? I tried to keep it fairly open ended as far as options go...
    I play a very uninvolved minimum risk ghost style, sticking to supreme rules mostly but prioritizing immersion.

I always use you're walkthroughs
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12