TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Thief 2: The Metal Age English Subtitles

  1. #1
    New Member
    Registered: Dec 2017

    Thief 2: The Metal Age English Subtitles

    I've been searching for Thief 2 subtitles, but the ones provided around here were pretty buggy. There was also a thread where an user who translated the game in Turkish supposedly uploaded an English version of the subtitles, but they edited every posted they made. So after a bit of research, I found the Turkish translation: https://tablet.donanimhaber.com/thie...4846#105984846

    To my surprise, they include full English subtitles for the ingame voice lines. Some character names such as guards, thiefs, etc were translated in Turkish, so I did my best to get everything in English. Videos were all in Turkish, however, but I got all the briefings from the wiki and made subtitles for those, too. I thought about making two updloads.

    - Subtitles for every voiced ingame and video line, ignoring the text shown in the briefings and the intro:
    https://mega.nz/#!gWIR3ZoQ!RSyPQXa5q...kEODzCx5XGAs5o

    - Full subtitles transcript, with briefings text, intro and "success" prompt, for completition sake (and translations):
    https://mega.nz/#!8PZxVTKL!XBVMtnal7...gTerZx4iIMKuQM

    Place the SUBTITLES folder in your Thief 2 directory and edit your USER.CFG. This is what I added to my USER.CFG to make them work:

    enable_subtitles
    subtitles_show_descr
    subtitles_font_dir intrface\
    subtitles_font_name fontaa29
    subtitles_color_player 0 255 255
    subtitles_color_convo 255 255 255
    subtitles_color_bark 255 255 255
    subtitles_color_urgent 255 0 0
    subtitles_color_fx 255 0 0
    subtitles_color_movie 255 255 255
    subtitles_bg_color 0 0 0 90
    subtitles_bg_textwidth
    movsubtitles_bg_textwidth
    Last edited by Taffingtaffer; 8th Jan 2018 at 09:41.

  2. #2
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: Lille, France
    Thanks !

    It will help me to understand how the subtitles work in videos.

    PS : Did you mean USER.CFG ?

  3. #3
    New Member
    Registered: Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_Key View Post
    Thanks !

    It will help me to understand how the subtitles work in videos.

    PS : Did you mean USER.CFG ?
    Ah, yes! Sorry about the typo. It seems the thread title reads "Subtitiles", too. ^^" If some mod wants to fix it, go ahead.

    I only have 4 missions left to finish the game, so I'll upload the subs for the briefings and cutscenes soon.

  4. #4
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: Lille, France
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffingtaffer View Post
    Ah, yes! Sorry about the typo. It seems the thread title reads "Subtitiles", too. ^^" If some mod wants to fix it, go ahead.
    I guess you can do it by yourself. Log in and click on Edit post just beneath your first post and name. (There's a triangle too)

  5. #5
    New Member
    Registered: Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_Key View Post
    I guess you can do it by yourself. Log in and click on Edit post just beneath your first post and name. (There's a triangle too)
    Didn't know you could change it in "Advanced settings".

    Anyway, I just uploaded a new version with the briefing dialogue! Check out the main post.

  6. #6
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2011
    Location: Ferrol - Spain
    Text in movies is surrounded by a black rectangular box.
    How can I make the box transparent? i.e invisible

  7. #7
    New Member
    Registered: Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    Text in movies is surrounded by a black rectangular box.
    How can I make the box transparent? i.e invisible
    Good question. I just put what the OP from this thread suggested: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144354
    There's a .txt inside their upload that explains some settings for subtitles. It seems like you have to set the background color values to 0 0 0 0. In the movies case, it would be like this:

    movsubtitles_bg_color 0 0 0 0

  8. #8
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2011
    Location: Ferrol - Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffingtaffer View Post
    Good question. I just put what the OP from this thread suggested: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144354
    There's a .txt inside their upload that explains some settings for subtitles. It seems like you have to set the background color values to 0 0 0 0. In the movies case, it would be like this:
    Now this is good.
    Thank you!

  9. #9
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2013
    So, according to these subtitles was it "knickers", "knackers" or "neckers"?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •