TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief: The Dark Project 20th Anniversary Contest - Screenshots & Teasers

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Did a little sprucing up in Reuben's courtyard. Click for a larger image.

Although i liked the old empty courtyard for non-obvious reasons, your edit looks really good... Especially the lights part.

The main thing that bothered me (besides the absence of windows) was how bright it was, without any obvious source of the light. In fact the OMs are full of lit areas with no light sources, which, besides being unrealistic, is just a gameplay contrivance to increase difficulty. LGS liked to light up doorways, for example, for that reason, but it bugs me.

On off-topic: I liked how lights were done at doorways in Events at Highrock (when opening/closing doors, there's invisible lamps activating), but that's a FM.
    The one thing that mostly bugs me in OMs, is, of course, the all-white-bright chandelier without actually candles being lit.

Wow, so many amazing works in progress

Yandros: it's looking well built and beautiful, very cozy

Haplo: Im glad youre back to dromed, from the screenshot it looks promising

silverjackal: it's looking good, although im not sure about the glass columns

Gort: it's looking very good, i would add more trims and volume to the main hall , at least a lower trim (wood/stone)

Melan: Im so happy to know youre back to Dromed, and youre the right man to build this kind of scenarios

Terra: it looks Amazing, wow im sure that will be one of your best works, i can't wait to explore those areas.

Vegetables: Beautiful, Beautiful!!! Outstanding scenarios! Youre the new talent we've been all waiting for.

Phantom: From the screens im sure youll bring us a high quality mission as usual

Keep the good work fellows, im working on a similar project, but im keeping it secret this time , so no spoilers

Keyla the Otter
    I posted an announcement on my Twitter with a link to this thread to hopefully drum up some extra hype for the contest this year

They all look awesome!!! Can't wait!!

Wonderful screenshots! So much to look forward to here, I cannot wait.
    Well done all!

Time: 5000

Wow - I don't know whether to feel excited about this contest or jealous! The screenies look so marvelous. I have always loved the richness of the Thief Gold textures - though the way they tile generally looks so awful. It will be a challenge to any texturer to get them to look good. Though I must say it looks as though that problem is already being overcome in many different ways.

And it's nice to see you back Ali!

I have not played Thief since 2011 but this contest got me excited. Hopefully I can get Thief Gold to run on my current system.

the trees in upper pics look amazing ,i did not realize how much i like the trees in thief

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I have not played Thief since 2011 but this contest got me excited. Hopefully I can get Thief Gold to run on my current system.
    If you haven't been around for a while, you might want to check this out:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733

I will release new pictures next weekend. The Hammerite Area is almost down, and the next City Part is under Construction. The time is almost by 6000, the half of the FM ist already, at least I think it will be by 11.000-12.000 Time. This FM is huge!

Progress Status: 54%

Those are very Good Terra!

i am curious how many sky box's did thief 1 have?

TG has 4: bsky, dsky, nsky and acid. I don't whether or not any of those were not present in T1.

Well, here's another one from me.

Adventure :>

Haven't touched the mission since 24th of Feb. Hopefully I'll find the time to work on it again soon...

Glad to see so many missions being developed for the contest... and so fantastic looking while keeping to the Thief 1 style of art. So much Kudos to you dromeders who can keep at a mission to its completion.

surprised i have not seen one fire or ice crystal's in pics yet those one in caves used for light

also i wanted to know are these contest mission going to be made in t1/gold or t2 in a t1/g style?

Well it would hardly do for Thief 1 Anniversary missions to be made in T2! They are required to be in T1/G.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast