TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thief: The Dark Project 20th Anniversary Contest - Screenshots & Teasers

This contest looks like it will be quite the love letter for the Tafferverse. As great as the OMs are, I think the Fan Missions are what has really kept us playing for so long. It keeps the OMs feeling like a cozy home to return to rather than the same 44,444 walls over and over again.

ty yandros

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    Please, don't forget to contact the translators beforehand so that all missions are translated to the release.
    Spassiba, Towarischtsch Soldi, I second this!

IMHO more language versions mean more interested players ... you only have to provide your STRs and maybe some graphic files, the rest will be done for you by our professional translator scene.

There should still be enough time to let this be done until the deadline.

[Vegetables is already in, I guess Yandros will, isn't it?]
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Yes, I'm in and also I know of at least 12-15 others who are at least working on entries. Of course not all will finish on time more than likely, but this is still likely to be a bumper crop of T1 FMs!

Well I ment the providing of the STRs for a translation, Vegetables already delivered the first bunch and I thought you will, too, like with DCE. Hope others will follow ...
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Oh duh! Well I will once they are relatively done, but that will be some time still. I'm about to have the first mission in beta, but still have lots of building to do on the second.

Here's another pic. from me. DromEd is starting to get mad at me, but it's accepting the mission.

nice pic gort has a bit of the song of the caverns opera house feel to it

Wow, looks like there's a lot happening for the contest! I've decided to try to join in, so I'm making my first ever FM. Still early days, though I have a couple of screenshots to share. But first, here's what caught my eye in all your shots:

Yandros: the fireplace grate is neat!

SilverJackal: I love those half-rectangle-half-arch doorways, and also your glass columns.

GORT: I absolutely adore the way you've used that theatre backdrop as a mural on the dome!

Terra: the gargoyles with lamps hanging from their mouths are very cute. Also glad to see some a Lost City styled area.

vegetables: flying buttresses are great. Nice to see your cathedral has them!

----

Right, without further ado, here's my work in progress:

I'm a bit late to starting my mission but I've finally started yesterday and have come up with some of the plot, setting, and title. The story is gonna be somewhat based off of a demo I released a few years ago called "Secret of The Keepers". That's all the info I'll give though since I wouldn't want to spoil anything.

Here's a single screenie:

This is Garrett's living room. Garrett must've amassed enough wealth for him to be able to buy himself a nice house

it need a painting=intruder

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGuy101 View Post
    Garrett must've amassed enough wealth for him to be able to buy himself a nice house
    Except he throws all his perfectly good equipment in the river after taking it on 1 mission, forcing himself to buy new stuff (and spend all his hard earned cash in the process) literally every day.

A few WIP screens from what I've been working on...

Those look nice... too nice in fact! I look forward to playing it, but without the HD Mod.

is the zoom from garretts eye not allowed as its thief 1

@Yandros: Yeah, I've personally never looked back once I tried out the Enhancement Pack. Been trying to keep that in mind as I build, so hopefully, nothing will look wrong when people play it using the vanilla textures and models.

@downwinder: Correct, the eye zoom is not available in TDP/G.

For a second there I thought that Enhancement/HD stuff wasn't allowed. Nope, just discouraged. You're going to have to keep the texture differences in mind for beta though, because HD textures might not translate well to their original counterparts.

He can't include the HD textures in his mission ZIP, he's just using it for screenshot purposes. It will be up to every player to decide whether to play the missions with enhancements or not. As it should be.

@SneakyGuy101: Looks cosy! The window in the bay on the right feels like it should be a little bigger though.

@Grandmauden: I pity the Hammerites who have to sit in those pews and can't even lean back and doze while the priest drones on and on... And that's one good looking (if not smelling!) sewer.

sorry to be an illiterate infant, but if anyone can spell it out for me anyway - what is the status of this thing? How many missions and stuff? I'm kinda nostalgic for when it was just the 10 year anniversary lol. And I haven't changed or improved one bit. Degraded more like.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    How many missions and stuff?
    I don't think there's a definitive count, but Yandros answered a similar question in the main thread the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I started a list in the first few weeks and it had at least 15 names, and while there are no doubt some I didn't know about or who have come along since then, there will also no doubt be some who do not finish. If we end up with 10 I think everyone will be thrilled.

This is really exciting! I am looking forward to seeing the finished missions. The screenshots look really good.

can't wait to play all these missions !!
    i am the passion, i am the warfare
    i will never stop always constant, accurate, intense.

all these photos make me wish T1 was released on May 1998... November seems so far away!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast