TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Thief: The Dark Project 20th Anniversary Contest - Screenshots & Teasers

I have a very good feeling I know who the anonymous author is since it looks very much in there style,which I absolutely love and adore and they have made some of my favorite missions that I have played,since I still got a massive chunk of T2,T3 and Dark Mod missions still to go through.But I will keep my guess to myself and hope that my guess was right.Its either that person or someone doing a damn good imitation.

Here's a work-in-progress shot of the bit of my map I'm working on just now. It's the market square*.

(*The geometers among you will note that it's more of a triangle)

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    More new screens from yet another anonymous author:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump131.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	716.2 KB 
ID:	2498

Name:	dump132.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	556.9 KB 
ID:	2499

Name:	dump133.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	734.8 KB 
ID:	2500

Name:	dump134.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	669.3 KB 
ID:	2501

Name:	dump136.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	446.0 KB 
ID:	2502

Name:	dump139.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	644.6 KB 
ID:	2503

Name:	dump141.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	782.5 KB 
ID:	2504

Name:	dump142.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	646.3 KB 
ID:	2505

Name:	dump144.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	688.2 KB 
ID:	2506

Classical Master 2008
    Very good-looking stuff! Sinister and mysterious. (And technically accomplished... love those chunks of meat! )

Oooo I like the tight city streets. better sneak and not become nose to nose with a guard.

@vfig nice area. Can't wait to see it lit and populated.

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    @vfig nice area. Can't wait to see it lit and populated.
    Thanks! Here it is all lit up (well, all shadowed up I suppose!). Unpopulated yet though.

Some screenshots from my second mission, which is pretty close to being finished. I'm hoping to be able to start testing by the end of the month.

i sense a archer^

Finally it is possible to play my mission from the beginning to the end. All the necessary brushes, objects and scripting elements are in place.
    Now to add the objectives, sounds, a few brushes here and there, and finalise the books. Planning to go beta at the beginning of October.

Thanks for the teasers, mission authors!! The anticipation continues to BUILD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Finally it is possible to play my mission from the beginning to the end. All the necessary brushes, objects and scripting elements are in place.
    Now to add the objectives, sounds, a few brushes here and there, and finalise the books. Planning to go beta at the beginning of October.
    This has made my day! I'm glad you're going to get done on time! I for one have been wishing for another Haplo mission for years, and it sounds like we'll be getting it.

Have had a surprisingly productive last few days. Here's another part of the town streets that's newly gone from bare-walls-blockout to something a little more interesting:

With that and the nearby areas built out, I've only got two streets left to build! Oh, and a small cave. And then room brushing, patrols, loot, sounds, etc.; and if there's time, more enterable buildings and sidetracks and fun stuff like that.

My ability to make progress is rather haphazard. But even if I don't finish the entire map in time for the contest deadline, as a plan B I'll still release something for it. A playable preview of one of the finished sections, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    This has made my day! I'm glad you're going to get done on time! I for one have been wishing for another Haplo mission for years, and it sounds like we'll be getting it.
    Thanks! It is much simpler than my previous missions...I hope you won't be disappointed.

It's your attention to detail, creativity, and excellent gameplay that I love most, so I'm sure I won't be.

Here's a couple more screens since some good progress has been made.

Last edited by McTaffer; 23rd Aug 2018 at 15:41. Reason: Didn't embed images properly

Very intriguing screenies there!

Classical Master 2008
    Last edited by Yandros; 24th Aug 2018 at 10:35. Reason: Removed reference to deleted posts

DromEd Archmage
    This is what I love to see! Nice work Melan !
    I like the T1 feeling it got.

Btw : it's pretty hard to see, is it a basement or a narrow very industrialized street ?

i'd guess it's a street because of the sign and,yes it does look good

Hard to tell whether it's a street or some kind of underground complex kind of thing because you can't see the sky It's got that good T1 mood nonetheless!

I removed the unnecessary posts. Everyone involved please refrain from cluttering this thread with that stuff. Downwinder, since you started it, consider this a warning about that plus your use of profanity and a personal attack in your response. There won't be a second warning.

Thanks Yandros: I was going to stop viewing this post because of all the bickering.

And that's indeed the exact reason why I want this thread to stay clean and on-topic, so people who expect to see new screenshots don't find some off-topic flamewar.
    Anyway, cool screens McTaffer and Stinkykitty! Usually not a fan of colored lighting in T1 but it works very well in the case of the blue eyes.

So many great screenshots that capture that classic Thief 1 feeling.

My partner did the first alpha run of my mission on the weekend. I sat behind her and took note of all the things needed fixing. Ended up with 96(!) of them.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast