TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief 2 fan missions not working

Thief 2 fan missions not working

I'm having trouble getting fan missions to work, it was working before, but now, it stopped for some strange reason. For example when I load the fan mission "Benny's Dead" or "Chain of Events" the game starts like normal of course, no crashes, but when I load the mission or missions, it takes me to the original Thief 2 mission "Running Interference" instead of playing the actual fan mission. What should I do and what is causing this? I was installing Thief 2x into the Thief 2 folder but maybe installing that may had caused the game to not recognize fan missions anymore instead taking me to the original game missions.

If you are using Darkloader read the "Clean up of files" section in the FAQs.

Thanks, but I believe I figured it out. I'm now using NewDarkLoader instead, the newest FM manager to run Fan missions. But now, I have a different problem, DromEd doesn't work anymore on DarkLoader, is it possible to run DromEd through NewDarkLoader? I don't see a function on how to run it on there.

Southquarter.com/fms
    You don't run Dromed through NewDarkLoader. Just double click on Dromed.exe in your Thief directory and NewDarkLoader should start up automatically.

NewDarkloader is already working. I'm talking about how to run DromEd enhanced, sorry I didn't mention this on the other post. I saw this online as a download, I'm not too sure about the installation process of this though.

Zombified
    now that we know for sure that you have messed your install up with oldDarkloader, a clean reinstall is even more recommended.

wonder how long is that zombie of a tool going to keep ruining people's day.

also, don't know about Dromed enhanced, but a quick search reveals that it's old enough to legally drink in many parts of the world - I suppose the idea of NOT using something so ancient in your brand spanking new v1.25 T2 install didn't cross your mind, so here you go, Dromed basic toolkit.

//maybe there's some sort of guide that points people to all that old junk? if so, link it so we can shoot it down.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 23rd Jan 2018 at 05:48.

Nevermind, I got it working now, I'm using NewDarkloader to run fan missions while I use Darkloader to run DromEd to edit fan missions. I just had to read the instructions and tweak with the game files to get it working. But, thanks! I would recommend this fix to anyone who may had been having the same problem like me. PS. I have the DromEd basic toolkit already installed, but thanks anyway.
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 23rd Jan 2018 at 05:50.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    I'm using NewDarkloader to run fan missions while I use Darkloader to run DromEd to edit fan missions.
    oh god why. just don't. please.

Well, what other idea is the best way to get everything working in one application without using multiple apps to play and edit fan missions? You tell me, what is your idea then? Because, I spent hours trying to figure this out, this is something you can't do in 5 minutes! But at least it's working for me so I can't complain.

Zombified
    yes, because you can do it in 30 seconds - if you don't need stuff like the readme being displayed and other NewDarkloader extras, all you have to do after your T2 install is patched with NewDark is to edit cam_mod.ini and uncomment (delete the semicolon from) ;fm, and now the game will start the FMsel screen for both the game and editor exe.

done.

Thanks for your help, in case if something goes wrong and I need help again, I'll take your advice for it, I don't know how stable my setup is with playing and editing fan missions using 2 different programs, but this setup seems to be working, I know it's strange but I'm using Windows 10 Home 64-bit on a Alienware gaming laptop so my system can handle it. Everyone has a different computer that can handle so much so it varies on your system.

Zombified
    consider oldDarkloader a virus. can you run a computer system with a virus? of course you can. should you? eeeee probably not.

Haha, ok dude. I like your sarcasm there. Well, I don't seem to have anymore questions reguarding fan missions or the programs that run fan missions. I think we are done here. If I have a question or something, I'll post a new thread but until then, take care. Have a nice day!

Zombified
    I'm reserving one "ha-ha told ya" for when you return with your install exploded into your face.

Oh don't worry, I'm confident you may not see me on here right away if I do run into a problem. I can always read the threads on here first to see if the problem has been fixed before I ask for help again from you. Your help is really appreciated! I have nothing to worry about because I backup my data to my external hard drive just in case if Darkloader eats my face one day.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I think part of what voodoo is trying to tell you is that its been proven that running both Darkloader and NewDarkLoader in the same installation can really mess things up. Instead of double clicking that Darkloader icon, why not just double click on Dromed.exe? Just as much effort but no worries on screwing up your install.

Zombified
    to be precise, running oldDarkloader in ANY NewDark install is a bad idea. they simply aren't (fully) compatible, end of story (the dangerous part is that things may appear to work at a first glance, but that doesn't mean bad stuff isn't happening under the hood).

to make it short, unless you are running a win98 retro pc, oldDarkloader has no place on your drive.

So, you're telling me that I shouldn't trust Darkloader at all then. To be honest, I've been using it for quite some time now so I appreciate you warning me but I'll take it from here.

Zombified
    good luck.