TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Extract models from Deadly Shadows

Extract models from Deadly Shadows

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about extracting the character models from T:DS. I've seen other posts about extracting the models from Thief 1 and 2 and have had success in opening the models in blender and applying textures and whatnot, but there are no CRF files in the Thief 3 files as far as I can see, so I assume they have been archived in a different way.

On Shadowspawn's tools page I saw the "TIMtoE" convertor that mentioned Thief 3, however looking in my directory I only had 2 TIM files so I'm not sure if this is what I need. I'm not really sure what files I'm looking for, so does anyone know how I could go about getting the models into blender?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Content\T3\StaticMeshes
    should be the path

There's Thief III Editors' Guild
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138
    they used to have a wiki. But it's not available any more

There are no meshes or other in-game content in available in the game folder AFAIR. Almost everything is packed in .ibt and .gmp files. You need the editor package for to see meshes, textures and materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    There are no meshes or other in-game content in available in the game folder AFAIR. Almost everything is packed in .ibt and .gmp files. You need the editor package for to see meshes, textures and materials.
    Thanks, this sorted it out, I didn't realize the files would all be included with the editor so I now have access to them all.
    Last edited by Djent; 1st Feb 2018 at 11:54.

I've never made any AI model or animated pieces, only static meshes, so I only worked with .tim files. AFAIK, player and AI models are a bit different. They consist of files from both StaticMesh and SkeletalMesh folder. You can convert .tim files with proper importer, but .psk files were made with software like MilkShape. Not sure if you can still get it anywhere now.

All I'm wanting to do is work with the meshes so that's fine, one thing though, the mesh for Garrett is not in a T-pose or standing straight, have I found the wrong Garrett mesh and there is another somewhere else, or is it just the way his mesh is? It's going to make rigging it pretty difficult but I suppose it's possible..

GarretMesh was hardcoded in some weird way. I'm not a programmer so I don't know the details, but every time I wanted to open it or edit something, the editor crashed.

So looking through the files I've found the keeper enforcer's shoulders and mask, however the model for the enforcer itself is missing, I'm wondering if they for whatever reason aren't accessible or if not all the files were unpacked with the editor. I can't work out how to start the editor either so I'm not sure if it would let me extract the models directly from the .ibt files..

Maybe that has something to do with enfercers being invisible? No idea. Anyway, you can use the editor to pack your stuff into .ibt file, but there's no way to extract it back. You need to keep source files to make changes. (That was actually a big problem for us with The Cabal campaign, when my HDD crashed.)

Well thanks for the help anyway, I've just used the basic keeper model instead, the textures don't work well but that's all I can find unfortunately.