TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modding and fan missions for Thief (2014) game

Modding and fan missions for Thief (2014) game

Can Thief (2014) be modded in anyway if possible and is there a level editor or a program you can use to create and play fan missions with this game like from the original Thief games? I pretty much beat the game now and I'm just curious so I won't get bored playing the same missions over and over again.
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 9th Feb 2018 at 03:51.

Classical Master 2008
    No level editor has been released, or (to my knowledge) has ever been planned.

Oh ok, well, thanks for letting me know. Too bad, the game won't be fun anymore after completing the story.

I have a feeling it would be possible to break open the game and start modding it, the problem is hardly anyone, really possibly nobody, cares enough now to try it. The game is completely dead, other than the odd piece of fan art on Tumblr.

So I'm guessing, no one plays this game anymore anyway, people prefer playing Thief Gold, Thief 2 and Thief Deadly Shadows to mod and play fan missions for those games, but not the newest one, how sad!

I still occasionally play through it, but yeah not as much as the older games. It has it's fans, but they are still a pretty small group. The fact is this game has largely faded out the memory of the general gaming populace. If EM had/were able to make a better game people would probably still be talking about it, but sadly that's not how things turned out.

So, that means the game itself is not high in demand then. That explains to why no fan missions or mods exists for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    No level editor has been released, or (to my knowledge) has ever been planned.
    And thank the Builder for that

And this is why I just stick to playing Thief Gold, Thief 2 and Deadly Shadows more often because those games can be modded. Will just have to wait till the next Thief game comes out and see how good it does. I heard about a possible Thief 5 game coming out in a few years from now, but they have not announced a release date just yet.

Played Thief for years and years due to the existence of fan missions. Finally just bought a copy of Thief 4 on eBay and am looking forward to playing it. Funny, the game is 4 years old and I just got it.

Oh cool, well sadly since Thief is 4 years old now and nobody was able to create a program to create and run fan missions, the game is just very repetitive without adding something new to it. At least you're enjoying it yourself. I didn't even know they sell it as a physical copy version of the game, I thought it can only be bought as a download.

Sorry to know about the lack of fan missions for it. A guy on eBay is selling it new and sealed for $7 plus shipping. The PC game itself is on three DVD's and includes a Steam key for The Bank Heist downloadable mission. There are a bunch of them for sale on eBay and this was the best deal I found.

That's cool, good for you! I already have the game though. I purchased it on Steam when it first released. I have all the DLC that came with it of course. So, when I play fan missions, I just play Thief Gold and Thief 2. Thief Deadly Shadows has a hard time getting fan missions to work since the program that is used to create and play fan missions is not as easy to install compared to installing DromEd. The Sneaky Upgrade I found on TTLG is kinda difficult to configure after installation. I don't know too much about it though.

Southquarter.com/fms
    @bobber - You can get Thief 2014 plus all the DLC on Steam right now for less than five bucks. But it looks like that deals ends in a couple of hours.

Personally I think it's a bit overpriced, but that's probably just me.

For the Thief: Master Edition, it's $4.94 and the standard edition is $4.49 so it's not a bad deal compared to when it first came out.

Thanks for the heads up!

Wow. Thank you all for the above Steam info. I went ahead and bought the whole series for what I paid for the one game on eBay. I never thought the game could be so cheap. I can say at least that I now own both digital and hard copies of the entire Thief collection. I'm happy about that!

No problem dude, glad I could help.

Hope you enjoy it, mang. I still maintain there are positive qualities to the game that can make it fun.

Now hopefully Thief 5 comes out within the next year or so.

I doubt we will ever see a Thief 5, especially since EM is working on that Avengers game after Deus Ex 4 met with disappointing sales. Thief 5 just wouldn't be worth the investment after the critical reception 4 got, unless they really manage to pull off something great.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Oh no Starker, look what you did!!! You broke mcmike's perfect every-second-post streak! :U

Yeah, will shall see. I don't know, maybe it is possible but right now, things could change. LOL, that's funny dude!

Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    Now hopefully Thief 5 comes out within the next year or so.
    Please no

Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    Now hopefully people let Thief live on through the community rather than drag its name through the dirt some more in search of a quick profit.
    Fixed.

Thief 5 should deserve a chance, the franchise lasted this long. I love the entire Thief game franchise! Including it's spin-off Thief 2x: Shadows of the Metal Age.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast