TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Modding and fan missions for Thief (2014) game

Modding and fan missions for Thief (2014) game

Can Thief (2014) be modded in anyway if possible and is there a level editor or a program you can use to create and play fan missions with this game like from the original Thief games? I pretty much beat the game now and I'm just curious so I won't get bored playing the same missions over and over again.
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 9th Feb 2018 at 04:51.

Classical Master 2008
    No level editor has been released, or (to my knowledge) has ever been planned.

Oh ok, well, thanks for letting me know. Too bad, the game won't be fun anymore after completing the story.

I have a feeling it would be possible to break open the game and start modding it, the problem is hardly anyone, really possibly nobody, cares enough now to try it. The game is completely dead, other than the odd piece of fan art on Tumblr.

So I'm guessing, no one plays this game anymore anyway, people prefer playing Thief Gold, Thief 2 and Thief Deadly Shadows to mod and play fan missions for those games, but not the newest one, how sad!

I still occasionally play through it, but yeah not as much as the older games. It has it's fans, but they are still a pretty small group. The fact is this game has largely faded out the memory of the general gaming populace. If EM had/were able to make a better game people would probably still be talking about it, but sadly that's not how things turned out.

So, that means the game itself is not high in demand then. That explains to why no fan missions or mods exists for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    No level editor has been released, or (to my knowledge) has ever been planned.
    And thank the Builder for that

And this is why I just stick to playing Thief Gold, Thief 2 and Deadly Shadows more often because those games can be modded. Will just have to wait till the next Thief game comes out and see how good it does. I heard about a possible Thief 5 game coming out in a few years from now, but they have not announced a release date just yet.