TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Error Message pCreature .....

Error Message pCreature .....

Hi !

I'm at 90% to betatesting with my mission. I try to play the mission to check if everything works, but when I allert certain npcs (not every time strangely), mostly the
    ones standing in the near of an the alarm button, dromed crashes and gives me the pCreature message.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8i55jq5fgz...error.jpg?dl=0

Happens sometimes, when the alarm is turned on.

I don't get the error, because it's so random, but I think it has something to do with the hearing ...

Have you any suggestions ?

String

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Maybe the AI has some wrong properties. Motion tags or something.

You can type
    set game_mode_backup 0
    (don't save after this)
    Go in game mode. Now take a look in DromEd at the AIs after the error occurs.
    or: save the cow after this and upload it. Somebody will be able to find the culprit. Name it test.cow and don't use it any more.

The problem is, that dromed crashes when the error occurs. So I can't check the npcs or save the cow.

I tested a lot and checked the npcs and found nothing. The error occures randomly. Just played the mission and it occured and I wasn't
    even near an npc. But the alarm was rung before. The alarm lasts 30 seconds. And strangly the error occurs about 2 minutes after
    the alarm rung. And even more strangely, I wasn't even near an npc that can ring the alarm. The npc decided it by himself.

It would be a great help, if dromed could tell me which npc is the taffer....

I added a new condition for flee to the npcs near the alarm buttons. Set it to moderate and added an ai watching object/frob button to the npcs.

Maybe I should delete one npc after the other, till the error doesn't occure anymore. But that's really annoying.

String

Do you use NewDark? There's crash.log in the root folder. Also read the monolog after crashing. It should have some more informations. Please post it.

Here is the monolog.txt, dromed.log and crash.dmp.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbfe2x8cso...error.rar?dl=0

There is no crash.log. I use 1.25. Hopefully the .dmp File helps.

Thx,

String

There are many AIs in 'bad cret pos' (monolog). Do they have wrong motion tags/metaproperties/bizarre rotating properties? Also check the dimensions of the textures. The wrong ones are listed in the monolog.

I have a lot of "weird" npcs. New shape, customized voice, lots of ai watching object and act/react things, motions etc. . But all that weird stuff works.
    They can see me and be alarmed, it works. It's only that damn mechanists, near the alarm buttons.
    One of the npcs does a short patrol with ai watching object motions, maybe that is the problem. Maybe somehow he tries to make the motions while he is alarmed or something like that.
    I will delete the npc and try causing the error. Let's see what happens.

I think, I found the problem. It's an AIWatchingObj on a robot, that adds a sleeping-servant metaproperty.
    The robot sleeps and when the alarm is over, it sleeps again. That was the plan....
    Hopefully that's the problem.
    I removed the AIWatchingObj Link and there is no error anymore. We will see.

Thx,
    String

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    If the link is triggering repeatedly, you could be continuously adding instances of that metaprop to the robot until it's so many it crashes the game.

That could be the explanation.

I played through the mission yesterday and no error occured. One objective doesn't work, but it worked before, so I hope its no big deal.

Now I have to add more details and texts and it should be ready for betatesting, hopefully.

Thx again,
    String