TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread Digging

Thread Digging

To make a long story short, I'm doing a presentation for one of my classes which involves a critical dissection in the field of media theory, and I'd like to use a couple of infamous trolls from around here as case studies. My problem is, I don't actually know where most of the threads they got involved in are (or even where to start looking for them).

First of all, there's BruderMurus, who was actually around during my time meaning I have a vague recollection of the chronology of his eventual banning. I know where to find his personal megathread, and I'm aware of a few of the CommChat threads he took part in, but I seem to remember his return started with ThiefGen. If anyone remembers where that trainwreck started (or continued here or on any other part of the forum), I'd be glad of any assistance.

Secondly, there's one before my time here. When the BruderMurus debacle was happening, someone linked to a thread involving GBM's interaction with someone called "supermario999" or something to that effect. The "I'M ON THE ROOF YOU SAYIN GERMAN" guy. If anyone knows the name of that thread or the fantastically bad initial complaint thread (maybe they're the same one?) or could link to either of them, I would be grateful.

It's not that I can't look for these things myself, it's just that I don't even know where to start. Searching kind of only works if you know the name of the thread as far as I'm aware, and the only one I remember the name of is the BruderMurus megathread. I figured that someone around here might have saved something or at least know where to start the search, which would speed things up for me considerably.

Sorry if this brings up any bad memories. Also, just to make things clear, I'm not using this to make TTLG look bad by any means- it's one of my favourite places on the internet. The reason I'm picking trolls from here specifically is that it's one of the only places I have a personal stake in and have witnessed such politics on a large scale firsthand, and it shows that even the "good" parts of the internet are never completely free from people making a fool of themselves. I'm aware that this makes me less of an impartial observer, but one of the incidents was before my time completely, and the other I had a very minimal part in. Other than the trolls themselves, I'm going to try to avoid naming names etc. where possible. This is just about them.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I have no idea what type of academic point you could make with any of this, but here's the SuperMario thread. Good luck.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100941

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    In addition to that link to the the awesome Hague thread, here are a few others:

KhAoZ going ballistic when we told him don't bother asking Stephen Russell to voice Garrett for FMs (worth reading for GBM's replies if nothing else)

teacher_1's infamous thread about Thief expansion packs (ONE of the FUNNIEST threads EVER!)

BlueHaze/TheDominateThief trying to get people to join his campaign dev team (there are probably better BlueHaze threads but this is the only one I have bookmarked)

and the one you mentioned, BruderMurus going off on his unfair treatment

Granted, not all of those people were actually intentionally trolling, so keep that in mind. But they might still fall under the purview of your research.

@ Brethren You should see some of the stuff other people have done. Someone literally analyzed Pinterest last semester. The entire website. It's a marvel what people in the English department let pass for a text to analyze sometimes. I'm told that some have argued that architectural features can count as a "text".

Anyway, thanks for the assistance all.
    Last edited by McTaffer; 26th Mar 2018 at 16:57.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Here's one of my favorites too, Goldmoon having a temper tantrum. It's in the Members area, so you have to be logged in to see it.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146615

i got no idea,but i will say i am glad you not doing any of my post's :P

lol at goldmoon mentioned me :P

and don't post my posts as they would be out of context and most predate the post i might have done,so people would have no idea what its about from one topic alone=protecting myself,from any future posts about me

That's because you're not a troll, downwinder.

Anyway, in case anyone's interested I found the original sUPERMARIO999 post buried in the T2X archives.

Massimilianogoi was quite a prize

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...17#post1983017

Oh man, the original sUPEMARIO999 post is golden! It's been a while, thanks for posting it.

LOOK, MAN U CANT AIM WITH THAT NEW SHITTY WOOD-MEGATHICK SHITBOW

ZylonBane
    Who was that idiot who kept posting pictures of himself in his underwear? "This is art 9000" or something like that I think was the thread title.

All I could find was in the Post Thy Works Here thread in 2006, when a guy flipation posted this picture of Zaya in the art thread here, and Lady Taffer had it out with most of the males, including Dr Sneak who apparently posted some picture which is no longer available and may have involved underwear and HAL-9000. I'm kinda glad that picture is no longer around.

ZylonBane
    Ah, found it: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141651

Now that guy was a true troll, not just a mentally disturbed person like most of the threads that have been getting posted.

bro I forgot about the fanon
    bro there's some pure gold in there
    bro literally in some cases
    bro BM had his own megathread
    bro Thief is
    full
    of
    conspiracies

bro.
    Last edited by McTaffer; 27th Mar 2018 at 19:48.

I am so happy that Bruder Murus eventually got banned

spiderman92/Iron Eagle/Hawkflyaway are worth a search, all the same person. He took his beef to RPGCodex if I recall, oh and Square Enix too.
    He doesn't like ice cream cones, or at least the ones skacky produces.

But he was definitely not a troll - he was a cruel, narcissistic sociopath.

Just remembered this little gem, which I saw unfold when I was still a lurker.

Why am I adding to my own thread and publicly answering my own questions, you ask? Record keeping. Sure, I could do it privately, but some of this stuff represents the weirder (and often hilarious) parts of TTLG history. Who will teach the children about Thief conspiracies, internet court, or weak sockpuppeting attempts?

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    spiderman92/Iron Eagle/Hawkflyaway are worth a search, all the same person. He took his beef to RPGCodex if I recall, oh and Square Enix too.
    He doesn't like ice cream cones, or at least the ones skacky produces.
    Aka "Yandros Penetrator". That RPG codex thread is pure insanity

Enjoy (starts at page 31 or 32 and goes on and on)
    Last edited by Azaran; 28th Mar 2018 at 19:08.

I didn't realize he finally reared his ugly head over at RPG codex for a grand finale...That guy is truly whacked out of his mind.

Speaking of crazy...Good ol' Cyberpunkgothic1IroNiXdarkdudu3k, is your ticket to a long and twisted journey through the mind of madness...ShockConfig

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Aka "Yandros Penetrator". That RPG codex thread is pure insanity
    This is the thread for preschool taffers. According to the search engine, more than 1000 times f*ck, f*cking, sh*t and so on in a single thread. They like it that way.

Also his name over there was spelled "YandrosPentretator". And yes Unna, Codex is certainly less civil than TTLG.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Also his name over there was spelled "YandrosPentretator"
    Yikes! Did you at least get taken to dinner first? LOL

No, but he got his just desserts, we'll just leave it at that.

Just a quick update here: I did the presentation yesterday and it was well received by the fairly small audience. Probably not my strongest work, but that's as may be in end of semester conditions.

Wow. This is hilarious. I wish some of my Steam threads could come on here. Had some private info spill across the place and a dude took some comments elsewhere and started making me look like an evil person and managed to get everyone else to agree as well, despite that if you went on my Steam profile or even knew the situation involving police in real life you'd know I absolutely without any single doubt was the victim. Funny the length absolute morons will go just for a simple misunderstanding on a bloody video game forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast