TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry for the mess

Southquarter.com/fms
    I'm sorry, I'm sure some of your problems are real hedonic, but I just cannot take anyone seriously who brags and boasts about how intelligent they are. I'll spare you the Hawking quote.

The only thing I can really comment on is this - there have always been issues and problems with whatever the current societal situation is. Some people adapt and survive, and others don't. Connect that however you will with the previous sentence.

Chakat sex pillow
    Coupla notes off the cuff: it's good that you recognise you have issues. They're blocking you from coming across as the person you think you are, however.

Someone with empathy would know that a post that comes across as derision mixed with smarmy superiority immediately undercuts any point they're trying to make to their potential audience. If you're the type who notices that global warming is a concern, then you should also understand the actual timescales involved instead of holding up a board that says we're all fucked in the near term. Instead of feeding whatever catastrophe du jour into your current mode of apocalyptic solipsism, try using that information to focus on something constructive instead. The world's limited to a selection bias only if that's how you want it to be.

"People who boast about their IQs are losers." There.

And I didn't intend to brag about my intelligence, merely to put it in the context of being trapped in what I think is likely the dumbest society in history, and express that it's a great source of pain for me.

Sulphur: Timescales are unknown because the models are being outpaced by reality for reasons scientists are just discovering, or don't even understand yet. The main concern that is making the models irrelevant and too optimistic is the feedback loop effect between different elements of the climate system. Fucking up one element of the system speeds up the degredation of another, because it's all inter-related. And apparently this is news to climate scientists. But I don't want to talk about this more unless two people here voice approval, because it's depressing and it frankly gives me no hope. Don't want to push that on anyone else. (Sorry if I kinda already did...)

Chakat sex pillow
    I'm not a scientist, but taking even a cursory look at the data doesn't suggest all the models are optimistic or irrelevant even if you happen to be sampling weather models by living all over the planet at the same time. Anyway, yeah, I'm not up for talking about this either because there's nothing interesting or healthy about cherry-picking data to enable nihilism for its own sake -- not for me, not for you, and not for anyone.

You arent a scientist? All this time I thought you were, fuck you for leading me on

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Anyway, yeah, I'm not up for talking about this either because there's nothing interesting or healthy about cherry-picking data to enable nihilism for its own sake
    I'm not cherry-picking data, and I can and would love to defend this claim. But I won't in respect for my own promise unless two people say I should.

Moderator and Priest
    Defend that claim!

Offend that clam!

Moderator and Priest
    clams ain't nothing but snot on a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    clams ain't nothing but snot on a rock.

Moderator and Priest

El Shagmeister

Climate Model 2.0

Moderator and Priest
    Notice the upward trend of HURR. We're all gonna die.

I really didn't expect this thread to have any redeeming virtues, so clearly my opinion is invalid.

Moderator and Priest
    Well, yeah. Obviously.

Welcome back to TTLG (...so I'm late to the party...it's called "fashionably late" for a reason....), hedoniccuck.

You truly are one of God's own prototypes. Go forth, my little thread-making demon--go forth and prosper; and may you be bathed in cum and glory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12