TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: How and when to skip a chapter?

How and when to skip a chapter?

I am playing Thief 4, and as usual in the thief games, there is a chapter in this one that is terrifying. I want to skip this chapter.

I found out that using CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+END should skip a chapter.

I dont know when to use that code though.
    I am playing it through Steam.

I really hope someone is able to help me out because I love thief games and I really want to continue with this one

Thanks

The CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+END code only works in the first two Thief games.

As far as I'm aware, Thief 2014 does not have a way to skip chapters. So, unfortunately, you'll have to power through the horror level in order to play the rest of the game. The thing is, this horror level tends to emphasize jump scares more than a terrifying atmosphere, so IMO it's not as bad as the Haunted Cathedral or the Shalebridge Cradle.

A few tips, if you'd like:
    The first half of the level has only one enemy: an invisible ghost that makes plenty of loud noises to tell you where it is. But if you do some exploring, you can completely skip the area where it appears.
    Towards the end of the level, you'll encounter some new enemies who are blind when unalerted, but sensitive to the Primal. So don't use Focus, if you left that enabled.

Or maybe consider using a walkthrough or watching a Let's Play beforehand, so you'll know what to expect.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks very much. I wish they would include the option to skip a chapter.
    HOwever, I will do as suggested, and I'll watch a walkthrough. (shudder)

Thanks

So i've been wondering, what about using someone else's saved game file for chapter 5? Is that possible with this thief game?

I did try to do that chapter, and I did some of the womens' ward, but I just cant do it lol.

I think that should work. Unfortunately, the only save files I have are at the end of the game, so unless anyone else out there has a save file right at the end of Chapter 5...

Or, perhaps, you could email me your save file and I could finish Chapter 5 for you, then send you the save back.

For reference, Thief 2014 save files are stored here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[SteamID]\239160\remote

First I want to thank you for your kindness. Secondly, I am afraid I have to turn your kind offer down....because I finished that Chapter 5!!
    I know lol.

So I watched a video of it, as you suggested, ( I actually screamed three times, not to mention the vile cursing ) then I minimized the game screen to half my screen and a video for a Ghost SpeedRun (12 mins) on the other half.

I turned my sound off. I started the video for a few seconds, paused it and followed his steps on the game, and so on till I finished it.

I didnt get the collectibles, unfortunately which I like to, but I had to give something up for that lol

Thanks again so much for the help

Well done!