TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Anthem - MMO-ARPG Shooter by BioWare

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Anthem - MMO-ARPG Shooter by BioWare

The game is releasing March 2019.

I'm going have to clean out my backpack to see if I can find any fucks to give out to EA. After Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017) lootbox debacle my confidence in any future EA product is near non-existent.

Bioware is committing to having the option to play the game completely solo and not have diminished experience by ignoring MP. They will discuss this more at E3.
    http://blog.bioware.com/2018/05/10/c...re-of-bioware/

Supposedly Bioware's continued existence hinges on Anthem's success. Bioware is a husk of its former self, it may as well already be dead.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Traditionally here on TTLG, people post about games they're looking forward and/or are actually interested in.

Maybe we need to apply a baseline adjustment per poster? For example, for anybody else, that'd be a negative post, but for Eva, it might actually rise above the median negativity.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

The industry climate surrounding a game and the companies involved with its production are just a valid reason to try to start a discussion. Keep on trucking with your ad hominem though.

That would only be an ad hominem if I was using it to argue against your point (on the basis that you made it). Since I was discussing Brethren's point and you and your thread are subjects of that particular discussion, it's fair game.

Eh. It looks painfully generic. The underlying concept is one that WOULD have been novel a few years ago, but is more likely to be perceived as a Destiny clone these days.

Besides which Bioware is already more or less dead. Those employees who actually were capable of writing a good adventure yarn have moved onto other studios where they're doing great things.

A helpful page to learn what an ad hominem is, with plenty of examples: https://laurencetennant.com/bonds/adhominem.html

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    Those employees who actually were capable of writing a good adventure yarn have moved onto other studios where they're doing great things.
    Such as? All I can think of is David Gaider being Creative Director for Beamdog (aka "old BioWare 2.0"), but many would argue whether or not that's a "great thing". The original work done (i.e. not repackaged old BioWare content) by Beamdog has been very divisive.

I just find myself totally indifferent to Anthem. I don't think it will be a bad game, but I've heard nothing about it that really piques my interest. People are saying this will be EA's Destiny but I see it more as EA's The Division.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Buccura View Post
    People are saying this will be EA's Destiny but I see it more as EA's The Division.
    Too early to say anything really. They haven't detailed a single thing about mechanics, just shown a vertical slice bullshot trailer and made vague statements about not compromising a solo player's experience.