TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: what ever happen to the random mission board?

what ever happen to the random mission board?

use to be a board where someone would pick a fan mission and everyone would go and play it for like a week then post about it

i think this would be a perfect time to bring it back till the contest missions come out

would anyone like to pick a mission to start?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I've been here since 2001 and I don't remember such a thread (which I assume you mean by "board"). That being said, it's a neat idea and I hope people will take you up on it and do this, although I'm too busy myself working on my contest mission.

You are referring to the Thief: Together in Shadows series. It kind of fell by the wayside because it takes someone to basically be in charge. First SneakyJack was, but he left, and then Thor was for awhile, and then PotatoGuy.

yes that was it,wish it would active again ty tanner

and there it is yandros,it was a great idea, as everyone played a certain mission with in a certain amount of time and talked about it on thread

now that discord is out someone should make a room=its free and we could play and discuss missions

Doesn't this happen every time a new mission comes out anyway?

no,it was about playing older missions

Lead the charge, Downwinder, and I'll join in when I can

its would be very hard for me to pick a mission also one is in beta now,so it will be released soon

i would say how about after the mission comes out and people complete it then i will post a mission to play

it still gives us plenty of time till contest ends

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    no,it was about playing older missions
    What I'm saying is every old mission already has a thread usually started by the author. Playing old missions and then starting a new thread just to rediscuss it seems redundant. This could be why the thread that contained this idea lost everyone's interest.

That's true enough, John, lol. But I participated a few times and I think it was a good idea that many people enjoyed because the main point was to get people to actually play missions they might not have, or might not have played in ages. And it encouraged members to interact with each other in discussions. Everyone posted their stats, also, so you could compare how you fared relatively, and people were encouraged to post screenshots and relate funny moments or blunders they made during play, etc. More a social meeting than just everyone posting about a particular mission in its mission thread.

Quote Originally Posted by John9818a
    What I'm saying is every old mission already has a thread usually started by the author. Playing old missions and then starting a new thread just to rediscuss it seems redundant. This could be why the thread that contained this idea lost everyone's interest.
    However we could just post in the existing threads, nothing restricts us into having to create a new one!

I like the idea of such a thread.

It's a good idea. We have a "what are you working on now" thread at the editor's guild that's been going strong for over ten years. I think it stared because of a similar thread over here. No reason not to start another.

I think it's a great idea. I like the idea of a separate thread for it. Typically, when I stop by a FM's thread, it's because I've gotten stuck and need a hint. It'd be frustrating if the threads got inundated with peoples' stats and funny stories, etc... although I'd really appreciate having a separate thread for exactly that.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I would recommend reviving the main thread which Tannar linked to above, and if there is enough interest shown there, someone take a cue from PotatoGuy's previous and create a new TIS thread (looks like it would be Volume 23) and link to it from the main thread, as was done in the past. There is no reason to start over with this, and you may get a few extra people on the nostalgia factor of seeing the old TIS thread who might not otherwise notice a new one.

ofcourse yandros ,that was idea,just was curious what people though of idea,and as i said before since there is a mission coming out soon,we an wait till after everyone plays it so there will be some downtime till next mission/s comes out then it would be a perfect time to do it