TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Swam Until He Couldn't See Land

Chakat sex pillow

Swam Until He Couldn't See Land

This is very late, but a conversation with The Duck reminded me that, though perhaps too few people know of him, Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit was found dead last month after having gone missing for days. Word is that his depression finally claimed him.

This is tragic in no few ways, most of all being that while Frightened Rabbit was known for its raw yet weary, wore-its-heart-on-its-sleeves songs about human nature, Scott's lyrics always harboured the tiniest light of optimism no matter how dark the places they visited. It takes a certain kind of perspective to write this song about the world carrying on while your blood stops pumping, and to make that a positive observation: you might as well change what you can for the better while you're here.

At least in that much, he was right. Rest in peace, Scott.

Last edited by Sulphur; 4th Jun 2018 at 07:30.

white male with mental illness kills himself, nothing new there at least he didnt take out a school or such along with him.

Chakat sex pillow
    Let's not conflate depression with psychopathy in a thread about paying respects, thanks.

Piglick that's quite a low comment. Suicide should never be made fun of.

twilight sad did a really nice cover of Keep Yourself Warm last week in Barcelona. They're going to keep playing it at shows now too I think.

Scott and James Graham from TS also collaborated on an album raising awareness for mental health. The group's called The Fruit Tree Foundation. If you don't already know it, I think this is the best thing on it.

Some of his songs have made me cry. Guess I know where the sadness was coming from now. Sad

You know where I first heard Frightened Rabbit and was intrigued? There was a show on NBC nobody was watching but it stayed on the air somehow, called "Chuck" about a guy with a CIA/NSA security computer stuck in his head. I remember being intrigued by the style of the music and how it fit so well with the scene. His music was not run of the mill, that's for sure.