TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Alarm Sound Muffles All Other Sounds

Alarm Sound Muffles All Other Sounds

When the alarm system in my mission goes off, it seems to block all kinds of other sounds - footsteps, AI, projectiles, etc. I don't know if this is just the way it usually is or if there's a way around it? I've already searched for related threads and haven't found any. Does anyone have any ideas?

It might be the same problem that occurs in the OM "Framed" and it might be due to too many alarms.

I haven't experienced this before, but what if you change the amount of audio channels in the Esc menu of Thief?

I tried changing the setting in the esc menu, but it didn't seem to help, however, I seem to have fixed the problem by removing the alarm sound from most of the lights, only leaving a few of them that produce the "ringing alarm" sound and letting the rest simply light up.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Oh, right, that makes sense. It wasn't clear in your first post that there were multiple/many alarm lights.

I wasn't clear either as I am beta testing this mission. There must be some kind of limit in the sound system. I've noticed similar problems when large numbers of explosives are detonated simultaneously.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Yep, I think it's the Audio Channels setting in the audio properties menu, as Niborius suggested already.

It could be, but I'm not sure how AI voices would tie into this. Technically they are playing wavs just like the alarms, but even when 100 AI are speaking at the same time the audio never drops.