TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Offering Atmosphere Design/Video Help

Offering Atmosphere Design/Video Help

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, I did some search and I couldn't find any similar threads (well, I saw a thread called "Offerings by artists", but the point of my message is a bit broader, so to speak). I've been playing Thief games since at least 2003. My presence on TTLG forum was mostly limited to lurking around, silently reading topics and downloading fan missions. However, this year I decided to make a change and start actively participating in this community. I volunteered for beta testing one mission (Defamation of Character), and I tried DromED a bit. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at visual things and practical level design, so I probably won't make my own fan mission(s). But I have other, non-DromED talents, which I would like to put to good use. Frankly, fan missions authors never cease to amaze me with their effort, dedication, and skills. Therefore, as a token of my gratitude, I want to offer them my help.

Whenever I play fan missions, I always pay attention to tiny details, storyline and general atmosphere. In my opinion, these are the main reasons why Thief is such an excellent game. I am a freelance writer myself, so I'd love to help with written content (readables, improving storyline, briefings etc.). I also want to make sure that every nook and cranny of level has its specific purpose (nothing worse than empty buildings with no interesting objects to look at/to interact with) and atmosphere (the correlation between music/sound effects and Garrett's surroundings is of the utmost importance here). I believe that many missions could have been more enjoyable if the gameplay was more immersive (e.g. like in outstanding creations of the late Lady Rowena...may she rest in peace). So what I'm offering is not mere beta testing, but atmosphere/immersion/storyline design, for a lack of a better word. Furthermore, I know a thing or two about video editing, so if you guys need a trailer (an example of my work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4z7W7WFl6M) or a briefing movie (voice acting included...unless you are aiming for a carbon copy of SlyFoxx or Stephen Russell :P) for your mission, just let me know.

Perhaps this isn't much, perhaps people aren't really interested in such forms of help (as I said, DromED is not my cup of tea), but I decided to post this thread anyway. Thank you for reading and I hope that I didn't violate any serious rules, I'm quite insecure about my message.

Thanks for sharing. Can we get samples of your voice work?

Thank you Aemanyl! Your offer is duly noted!

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Can we get samples of your voice work?
    Sure, here's something I recorded just a moment ago:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1WcAkg0BeTb

Do you do voice characterisations as well as narration?

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Do you do voice characterisations as well as narration?
    Yeah, I can do both.