TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 2

Didn't see anyone mention this but I thought it deserved its own thread.

Capcom finally revealed the remake of RE2 at E3 the other day with not one but two trailers and a gameplay demo.

Looks like they decided to go with the OTS perspective while using the same engine as RE7. Should be coming out in January 2019 for PS4, XBOXOne, and PC.

Announcement Trailer

Showcase Trailer

Gameplay Demo with commentary

Extended Gameplay Demo with no commentary

So is anyone else pumped for this?
    Last edited by SDF121; 13th Jun 2018 at 01:03.

Moderator and Priest
    I am now! I never once thought Capcom would revisit RE2 like this.

Looks good. Would still love to see what a shot for shot remake with fixed camera angles would look like with today's tech, but I'll definitely follow the progress on this one.
    Last edited by TannisRoot; 13th Jun 2018 at 21:05.

Quote Originally Posted by TannisRoot View Post
    Looks good. Would still love to see what a shot for shot remake with fixed camera angles would look like with today's tech, but I'll definitely follow the progress on this one.
    I also would have loved a pure remake complete with fixed camera angles but am okay with what they've shown so far. Sort of reminds me of the build of RE 3.5 that was scrapped before becoming RE4. Mostly the parts of Leon skulking around with his flashlight. On another note, one of the alternate costumes for Claire that comes with preordering the game is none other than Elza Walker which is a pretty sweet throw back. For those who don't know, Eliza Walker was the original female lead in what is referred to as Resident Evil 1.5 before that game was scrapped and her character rewritten as Claire Redfield for the RE2 we came to know.
    Last edited by SDF121; 19th Jun 2018 at 00:38.