TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Debut Thief 2 FM "The Fall of Anduin Karol" - Jun 2018

Hi, congrats, nice mission with many puzzles and a strange story
    I loved the code thing too and the hiding place of the bribe, clever!
    I have a question: where is the jeweled sword? i think i have searched all the rooms and places but no idea. Some clues please? Mission finished, I failed only that one goal.
    Oh and is there anywhere a key to the main house door?

@radogoal see post #23 and #25 i think you need to search there for some kind of lever
    Last edited by Cheela; 24th Jun 2018 at 17:20.

Congrats on the new release mtk! btw malwarebytes blocked the images on your first post.

I too found some errors on some objects either backwards or too far from walls. The Editor's Guild is an invaluable resource as is beta testing.

I thought that the order of the code would be the same as Mr Karol's morning schedule but nothing happened. Is the schedule important?
    Last edited by john9818a; 24th Jun 2018 at 19:41. Reason: need help

it is the order first button is dining room,bathroom,cellar,bedroom 2136 i think

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Hi, congrats, nice mission with many puzzles and a strange story
    I loved the code thing too and the hiding place of the bribe, clever!
    I have a question: where is the jeweled sword? i think i have searched all the rooms and places but no idea. Some clues please? Mission finished, I failed only that one goal.
    Oh and is there anywhere a key to the main house door?

@radogoal see post #23 and #25 i think you need to search there for some kind of lever
    Thanks, when it comes to Jeweled sword, i know it translated kinda badly into the game, at least with my newbie abilities with dromed, but the idea is that this quest gets canceled once you discovered it was a murder weapon, so you leave it in the cellar

There is no key to the main door, but place already has 2 ways to enter Roof and ventilation shaft

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Congrats on the new release mtk! btw malwarebytes blocked the images on your first post.

I too found some errors on some objects either backwards or too far from walls. The Editor's Guild is an invaluable resource as is beta testing.

I thought that the order of the code would be the same as Mr Karol's morning schedule but nothing happened. Is the schedule important?
    Thanks for advice, ill keep it in mind for future projects :3
    regarding code Yeah, every place he visits has one button, order matters
    If you make mistake, press 0 button at the door 4 times to reset

With the combination lock it isn't necessary to reset it. Just type the correct code.

Honestly I found all four buttons before I found the lock or the scroll explaining the locations, so now I just have to to guess the order of the buttons?

Edit: the reason why I didn't notice anything is because I bashed the door open already. I picked the 'light' and heard something open but I didn't see anything open.

I was still able to finish the mission. Good first effort though.
    Last edited by john9818a; 25th Jun 2018 at 12:54.

Hi!

Sometimes the "first missions" are the ones with the most headaches - perhaps understandably so.

Most of the problematic stuff has already been mentioned ("pickable light", "frobbable stuff through wall", "early exit").

I'd like to add the obligatory "barrel the play can walk through" - all Dromed beginners seem to make the same mistakes...

But sometimes these first missions are also feeling "fresh" for the lack of a better word because young authors have creative new ideas.
    Of course most of them have mixed success but these missions sometimes make one think more, try out stuff more...

While the door code was really simple and the light fixture (hint: it is not pickable - use the official way) not too complicated here's one for the crowd I found while TRULY examining the landscape:

There is a devilishly hidden button and a scroll nearly directly in front of the mansion - both relating to the druid grove mentioned in the scroll of the spy master...

Have fun decyphering the TOTAL gibberish in that particular scroll and getting the prize!

Hi, congrats on the release of your first mission.
    I think it's a very enjoyable mission but in my honest opinion I think it should have been betatested.
    For example: I got stuck very often, crouching in tunnels a.s.o.
    The golden rats are great BTW.
    I sure hope you'll make more missions like this one en put it up on Shalebridge (testing forum) for some Taffers to give it a test before releasing it.
    I'll be glad to be of help if ever needed.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    There is a devilishly hidden button and a scroll nearly directly in front of the mansion - both relating to the druid grove mentioned in the scroll of the spy master...

Have fun decyphering the TOTAL gibberish in that particular scroll and getting the prize!

I found it and finished the mission with 200 short of total loot.
    In the area that contains the prize mentioned above, I kept getting stuck on the green grass texture brushes.

Most of the problematic stuff has already been mentioned ("pickable light", "frobbable stuff through wall", "early exit").
    I'd say some but not most. I think this was a good first effort, but I agree with Gloria on the betatesting. That is a very good way to learn how to implement and polish the mission.
    Last edited by john9818a; 25th Jun 2018 at 18:44.

mtk,
    Thanks for this little nice mission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12