TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What else is different with the new DromED?

What else is different with the new DromED?

Now I got the new Dromed... and although the editor is in the state I remember, there were some nasty surprised.

The first thing I noticed that light_bright command wasn't working well in game mode. It took me 15 minutes to find out that there's a new command: toggle_lighting.

The next nasty surprise was when I tried to create a starting point. It turned out it doesn't work!!! The marker was placed correctly, Playerfactory link was correct... so what was wrong?

Turned out I have some stupid setting Persistent position turned on...

I wonder what else should I expect?

persistent_player_pos has always been in dromed although it wasn't turned on automatically in the past. When you are editing your mission and you want to look at the work you have just done in game mode its helpful if you don't have to start at the starting point every time. The release_notes.txt file included in nd-t2-1-25.zip has a list of changes by version.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Read modders_notes (ND1.26/new_dark.zip/doc) to get informations about the editor.

Southquarter.com/fms
    @BT - If you're restarting with Dromed after being away for a while, nicked's tutorial is a good place to start for a refresher. And it covers both of the topics you mentioned in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    @BT - If you're restarting with Dromed after being away for a while, nicked's tutorial is a good place to start for a refresher. And it covers both of the topics you mentioned in the OP.
    Thanks I already knew about the link, this is how I installed DromEd - via Tafferpatcher. But I'll surely check other resources.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    There are so, so, so, so many improvements for you to discover, I couldn't possibly list them all here off the top of my head.

ZylonBane
    If this thread is any indication, every improvement will be "stupid" and a "nasty surprise" to him because it's not what he's used to.

Old habits die hard... Plus, I'm lazy.

And I was never able to complete my transition to T3ED or the Dark Mod

I'll add that this thread, while it focuses on commands, you will get to know the features of the new dromed as a lot of them are mentioned here.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...board+shortcut