TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Worried about objective possibilities before I finish story arch [solved]

Worried about objective possibilities before I finish story arch [solved]

I posted a similar concern; I don't wanna put all this objective and story writings together if an objective is impossible in the first place. It unravels everything that was built on it.

The tutorials are piecemeal so I might be missing it. Sorry. At least I'm not asking how it's done, don't worry about that, just let me know if it can be done.

I want the player to eventually see someone appear in-game but not until the player first reads about him. He can potentially read about him from several readables, and so it has to be flexible to whichever readable the player gets to first. Then obviously the other readable should no longer trigger this effect. Not sure if even needs to be removed from them but maybe there is something concrete in the reaction so another trigger doesn't do anything.

PS. I donated a small amount today, I love you guys and this forum for keeping my favorite games alive.
    Last edited by gamophyte; 29th Jun 2018 at 11:14.

Put TrigWorldFrob on all the readables, link them to a RequireAnyTrap, and link the RequireAnyTrap to the effect you want to happen. To stop it being triggered more than once just have the RequireAnyTrap control a DestroyTrap that links back to the RequireAnyTrap.

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Put TrigWorldFrob on all the readables, link them to a RequireAnyTrap, and link the RequireAnyTrap to the effect you want to happen. To stop it being triggered more than once just have the RequireAnyTrap control a DestroyTrap that links back to the RequireAnyTrap.
    Sorry to bother again Nicked, can you also trigger per a number of objects possessed? Say I want a new triggered event once player find at least 4 "crystals" (-1234). It doesn't matter which order.

qvar

Okay I will come to know that soon enough, just making sure before I make this epic change to game. Thanks!