TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Needing beta tester

Needing beta tester

Needing beta tester to test my first mission.
    Here are some videos:Contact me inbox.Thank you!

Gameplay:

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Your thread has been fixed, the problem was the html tags you used, so... don't do that. Also, FYI setting text color has made your text nearly invisible when using the dark forum theme, as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Your thread has been fixed, the problem was the html tags you used, so... don't do that. Also, FYI setting text color has made your text nearly invisible when using the dark forum theme, as I am.
    Thanks! I do not even remember what kind of html tag I used in the post..

Normally I would not post anything publicly about a mission I am testing before it is released, but as it is, its impossible to play this mission (i.e stuck at the starting point in a blue room) without making changes in dromed. I wanted to post this here before more testers download the mission and realize they are not able to play the mission.

Leconbras please ask Tannar to set up a testing forum at Shalebridge. This will make it easier for all of the testers to see each other's posts VS using TTLG PM.
    Last edited by john9818a; 13th Jul 2018 at 16:01.

I found the problem.... Since ENGLISH version does not have MY CONFIGS....... you have to change your Dark.cfg. Because original parameters are not sufficient for my mission.

obj_min -8192000
    obj_max 8184
    max_refs 47740

I think I have to pack this file with the mission zip... to prevent this for future players.

Veterans:
    Can I do this or should I avoid packaging personal settings files? EDIT1: Yes, In a quick search I realise that several missions include this file in the zip.
    Last edited by leconbras; 13th Jul 2018 at 19:30.

John9818a, your inbox is full. I can't send messages to you.

I cleared up some space again.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Leconbras please ask Tannar to set up a testing forum at Shalebridge. This will make it easier for all of the testers to see each other's posts VS using TTLG PM.
    I'd be happy to set up a private testing forum for you, leconbras. Just let me know if and when you want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I'd be happy to set up a private testing forum for you, leconbras. Just let me know if and when you want one.
    Sure! I'm just finishing the thick adjustments with the first 2 testers. Soon I will call for your help. thanks!

Yes, you can and should include dark.cfg with those kinds of changes when you've have to make them. Although adding three zeroes to the end of obj_min is a bit excessive and might cause problems at some point. Something like -20000 should be more than sufficient. You can also include these changes in fm.cfg instead if you do not have any other changes in dark.cfg (such as changing menu colors).

Yes, you can and should include dark.cfg with those kinds of changes when you've have to make them. Although adding three zeroes to the end of obj_min is a bit excessive and might cause problems at some point. Something like -20000 should be more than sufficient. You can also include these changes in fm.cfg instead if you do not have any other changes in dark.cfg (such as changing menu colors).
    I'm using FM.cfg to put crop_movies settings. I'll lower those values to -20000. Thanks!

The zip file contained every .cfg file used by both dromed and Thief. If the keybinds.cfg overrides the player's version then they might not like it. If this is the case I would delete that file. Typically the cfg files are located in the root of Thief and the cfg files in this mission are located in a Configs folder. Would that cause any problems?

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    The zip file contained every .cfg file used by both dromed and Thief. If the keybinds.cfg overrides the player's version then they might not like it. If this is the case I would delete that file. Typically the cfg files are located in the root of Thief and the cfg files in this mission are located in a Configs folder. Would that cause any problems?
    No. This folder is the only backup of my personal settings. Only the Portuguese version is that these files are used in the root folder. The intention is precisely to override the original keybinds with mine.

You shouldn't include ANY .cfg files in your ZIP except for fm.cfg and/or dark.cfg or else you will have some very unhappy players as there are tons of user-specific settings in files such as cam_ext.cfg.

You shouldn't include ANY .cfg files in your ZIP except for fm.cfg and/or dark.cfg or else you will have some very unhappy players as there are tons of user-specific settings in files such as cam_ext.cfg.
    I'm aware of this. But do not worry because only the Portuguese version contains the files. In addition, everything is well advised about this, both in the Readme and the site where I am releasing the links to download. The default version is on a separarted link, so, I hope that will have no problems of this type.

I am doing this because the people here in Brazil who have never played thief, will download the file with all the parameters that I indicate, including keybinds.

By the way, in last case I think both Darkloader and FM Loader always return the original files when unloading a mission.
    Last edited by leconbras; 17th Jul 2018 at 16:19.