TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: #thief and IRC

SShock2.com

#thief and IRC

It was suggested to me recently, after my sort-of-return to TTLG, that I should go back to #thief. I've not been on there for, oh, 12-15-odd years, and I have no idea if it's even still there, or how things work nowadays. Back in the olden days*, I'd use mIRC but I can't even remember the network it was on anymore. Now, given that someone suggested I'd go back on, I have to assume it's still vaguely alive, but if so, what would I need now to go back? Do they still to mIRC? Should I use other, better software? I guess my question is twofold:
    A) is it worth bothering, is anybody still there, and
    2) what software should I then use?

*Back in the olden days before the back in the olden days, me going on IRC for #thief what something I had not done for the previous 10-odd years, because I assumed at that time that that medium was dead. We used a lot of IRC for my CompSci uni stuff, but then I never saw IRC again for ages, because I was working, until #thief, so I had to be told by others about mIRC. This question mirrors that.
    Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

Moderator and Priest
    It's all about Discord these days, not IRC. I know there's a channel kicking around out there, but I can't immediately recall its address.

Someone else probably knows it, and I'll bet they'll pop in here to tell you.

SShock2.com

Dis... cord? Not dat.. cord? Sorry, I have no idea what Discord is. I'm clearly old and lame.

It's an app you can install.
    You can just open it in a browser too (I think without installing the app?)
    Anyway here's the link to our chat page. Try this:
    https://discordapp.com/channels/3322...82251436097548

SShock2.com

Um, I tried it, but got stumped at "create your server". I don't want to create a server, I want to join a whatever thingy that's already there, if possible.

I made a server anyway, because it seemed as if I had to, and named it GrayDullBoring. It seemed the most obvious name.

Now what?

Sorry, our server is TTLG-kru. You have to be invited. So tell me your username and I'll invite you.

Edit: Nevermind, it's an invitation link. I'm PM'ing it to you now. Click the link I PM you and you're on our server, which uses the link I posted above, or here it is again (after you're on it):
    https://discordapp.com/channels/3322...82251436097548

If anyone else wants on, I'll PM them the invitation too, or another current member can do it.

No need to PM the invitation, it's public:

TTLG Kru

SShock2.com

I think I'm on it now.