TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: portalclipPolygonbyplane error, how to fix this?

portalclipPolygonbyplane error, how to fix this?

I can't portalize my mission i get this error:

how do i search the problematic brush in dromed, what's the search tool ? IŽve been 3 hours around the map trying to figure out what can cause this problem, and still nothing. Any help would be very. welcome please

You have all the elements you need to locate the error. This error unlike a few others gives rough coordinates, you can teleport the camera there or create an object and input the coordinates so it moves there. Look around the vicinity and delete/move brushes around until portalization is possible again. This error usually happens because of non-orthodox brushwork DromEd doesn't like, or unsnapped brushes.

ZylonBane
    It... it literally tells you exactly where to start looking, to two decimals of precision.

Thanks Skacky, i used the cordinates that led me to the brush in question, i was able to portalize this time, but when i quick optmized i have now this error message:

This time the monologue doesn't tell me where's the source of the problem

I've never seen that one before and it looks rather rare. How does the area where you had the previous issue look like? Does it have really complex geometry?

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    I've never seen that one before and it looks rather rare. How does the area where you had the previous issue look like? Does it have really complex geometry?
    , I do have some complex areas, but this problem began when i wanted to filled the air brushes below stairs to reduce the number of cells, i've even turned each area of the city into solid brush, to try to isolate and locate the problem, but the problem remains, probably iŽll have to go to a previous back up of the mission and repeat the last steps...enfin je ne sais quoi plus faire

I'm not implying you don't know about this, but always be wary of grid alignment.

DromEd Archmage
    Add a giant solid cube at the location shown by the monolog and recude it once the problem stops. It happens because Dromed fail to calculate the world geometry because of complexity. Doing this can fix the problem, maybe not everytime but each time I got it, it worked.

Thank Max, i use 12 for grid size, i think its a safe measure.

Thanks Firemage, i did isolate each area with a solid brush, and still can't find the problem, but i will look deeper again , retrace my steps till when this problem began, some times its a edge shape inside a solid brush that can cause this errors.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Max wasn't talking only about grid size, Pedro, I think he really meant making sure all your brushes are snapped. You can check for that and snap unsnapped brushes using the highlight commands or through the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Max wasn't talking only about grid size, Pedro, I think he really meant making sure all your brushes are snapped. You can check for that and snap unsnapped brushes using the highlight commands or through the menu.
    Ahhh ok, when i do multibrushes i always snap bushes (full snap processing) to avoid having problems. iŽm still trying to locate the problem, there's this area that when i turn it into solid i manage to do quick portalizing, but she has so many brushes that it's hard to identify it.

I can't find the error, iŽll have to start all over again from a previous save file, here we go again to reduce cells...

found the place that its giving trouble...after 6 hours
    Last edited by Cardia; 1st Sep 2018 at 03:55.