TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief Signatures

Thief Signatures

Do you have any signatures when you play? Things you always do even though you don't have to?

Mine is that as soon as the final objective is completed and I hear the glum glum sound I immediately freeze on the spot amd stop moving. I'll put away any weapon, stand if crouching, drop anything being carried, but otherwise immediately stand still and wait for the end.

For example, exiting Cragscleft as soon as I hear the glum glum I freeze while still up on the ledge, without dropping down into the water etc.

EDIT Have now changed my sig so that rather than putting away weapons or dropping bodies or standing, I literally now just completely freeze motionless at the final glum glum, staying in whatewer state I was currently in.
    Last edited by Cigam; 18th Sep 2018 at 11:05.

I hide bodies even if I know no one will pass by the area and find them, I can't help it.

I always close doors behind me.

i like to open entire map up,all doors/etc open,all "knockoutable" people i knock out and hide all body's in shadows,i collect all food and never use it

Whenever possible I only collect loot after completing the other objectives.
    I like to stay at zero and then go rip the tombs for double joy.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    This. I feel like I have issues sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Also do that. Additionally hoarding items is kinda my thing.

Closing doors for me is almost an unhealthy obsession, though that extends to any game with interactive doors or containers. I must shut them all after opening them, even if it means I forget where I've been. Near 100% KO ratios are also a mainstay of my playthroughs. I've done a lot of ghosting, but my first instinct is always to take everyone out in the quickest and most efficient way possible (I often go so far as to divert whatever I was doing to KO someone I see walking somewhere nearby). At the end of a mission, I almost always bunnyhop as fast as I can to see how far I can get before the victory screen.

Seems a few do the close doors thing. I used to do that but then decided that leaving them open saved time and let me know where I had already been.

I should say that of course I do not do the freeze thing if being chased or there is otherwise any danger.

I collect food from rich people and give it to poor servants etc.

If it's possible, I blackjack everyone before exploring the level in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemanyl View Post
    I collect food from rich people and give it to poor servants etc.
    Good praxis.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I hide bodies even if I know no one will pass by the area and find them, I can't help it.
    This!
    I carry every single unconscious guard off to some dark corner... Often quite far and often multiple guards and civilians together in one spot.

Obliterate all undead. It's the least I can do after robbing them blind down to their last measly coins off the cobblestones.

It's also liberating.

I put unconscious bodies in beds if possible, or at least somewhere snug and warm, especially near a nice fire. I never leave them outside in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I put unconscious bodies in beds if possible, or at least somewhere snug and warm, especially near a nice fire. I never leave them outside in the cold.
    Me too, I also put the bodies of undead in the beds of the living, doesn't work with zombies but the armed undead are fair game, I like to imagine the scenes when people wake up, sad I know

And I realise most people do this but I always try & retrieve rope arrows, I get really grumpy if I can't work out a way to do this

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    And I realise most people do this but I always try & retrieve rope arrows, I get really grumpy if I can't work out a way to do this
    This. I always buy rope arrows if possible even if I've got plenty and end up using the same one over and over again.

Knockout everyone and put them in dark areas, bathrooms, etc.
    Always conserve weapons and items.
    Take a lot of time to enjoy the architecture (especially if it is a Melan or Sally mission)
    Look in every area for loot.

Lots of things people do during missions, but does no-one have an end sig like me?

If not the freeze thing then maybe you always drop a body like Basso's or make sure hands are empty? Or always finish by turning around and raising the blackjack over you head to give a sort of ironic salute to the enemies you escaped?

Probably not, it's probably just me

Quote Originally Posted by McTaffer View Post
    At the end of a mission, I almost always bunnyhop as fast as I can to see how far I can get before the victory screen.
    ^^

Oh sorry I missed that one. That's an idea for a sig. Try to jump so that the mission cuts out while you are still in the air. Sort of like a mirror of how some missions start, with you dropping to the ground.