TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Tribute to Lady Rowena

Tribute to Lady Rowena

Hi Taffers,

I'm replaying "Home Sweet Home", her last mission she was working on before she passed away and I strongly believe she left "something" for us Taffers, as we are. She surely left me something. I'll quote her note in the mission: "Gloria, do you like the doll I sent you? His name is Dewdrop. Keep it with you and I will always be near your heart." The rest of the text is to be found fin the mission. Please play it again Taffers. Some teddybears were sitting on a couch also.
    I've had the chance to chat with her some times, when she was having difficult times in life and I personally will never forget her.
    But this forum, only 20 years young (old?) must never forget her! What she brought to us in her wonderful missions.
    Lade Rowena will be remembered here for the lengths of time this forum will exist and I hope it will be for a very long time, since I found it to be a lifesaver forum in my life and it probably will also be for some of you.
    You all are my second family, that's what I call you.

I just wanted to let you know.
    Thanks for all remarks, , private chats, birthday wishes, support and testing opportunities

Let is never forget Lady Rowena, who she was, the tributes that were made for her in some FM's and her legacy of FM's.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Gloria:

Very kind words about a great author and kind person. It is funny, although I have only met 2 of you (it was terrific), I feel I know many of you. This is a wonderful forum and it feels like much more than just a gaming site. I first played TDP in 1999 when I was have a bad time and my wife bought it to cheer me up. It has helped me keep my sanity over the years on many occasions.

I play all FMs in chronological order and have not played her last mission. I will have to do that tonight and will look for the text. I will be looking for Dewdrop which I always do anyway.

BBB

It is about time to play that again. I think I'll settle in and do it this weekend.

as long as i am alive she will be remembered for sure

love live dewdrop and raindrop

I remember constantly talking about Rowena's Curse and the Seven Sisters with my highschool friends back when they came out. The Tower impressed me deeply and I think it's my favorite fm ever.

She was a great artist.

I played all her FMs for the first time a few months ago. Rowena's Curse in particular is a masterpiece—possibly the best Thief mission of all.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    as long as i am alive she will be remembered for sure
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that she will be remembered even after you and I are gone, downwinder.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I know there have been several FMs released with small tributes in-game to Lady R. Nosferatu by Sensut comes to mind. Maybe it would be nice to get a list going.

I know Waterfront Racket and Penny Dreadful 3 have little areas that serve as tributes.

I play through Rowena's Curse and The Seven Sisters every autumn (along with Ominous bequest and Broken Triad)---it's about that time again!

Lady Rowena created some of my favourite FMs.

I worked on voice files with Lady Rowena for "Just A One Night Job" back in 2015. Did anyone ever pick up that FM to finish it as a tribute to her?

i hope so yandros ,as she deserves to be made into a hologram to live forever,as do all the fan mission authors do

a good idea is to make npc's of the people we lost and add them to fan missions
    Last edited by downwinder; 13th Sep 2018 at 19:39.

Coming back to Thief 2 after several years of hiatus out of it, my first task was to check if there was more new dark update and then to get new FM.

And ... i ran into this thread in which i just learned sadly that the author of one of my prefered FM , Seven Sisters, passed away a couple of years ago.
    It's incredible how despite i have been out of the loop for several years, Seven Sisters marked me that much that i still remembered the author, it's a testament on how she really put all her talent into this kind of FM .

I pray Lady Rowena is at peace in Heaven with everyone she loved.
    Thank you for your fantastic work, i still remember.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Creepr View Post
    Lady Rowena created some of my favourite FMs.

I worked on voice files with Lady Rowena for "Just A One Night Job" back in 2015. Did anyone ever pick up that FM to finish it as a tribute to her?
    As far as I know, it was never released to anyone to finish. Nightwalker had a brief contact with her son just after she passed, but that was all and I don't think we'll ever see any of her unfinished works, sadly, aside from Home Sweet Home.

Wow, this sucks. I just found a Lady Rowena mission I hadn't seen before, and find out she's gone. What a terrible shame.

i just got done replaying mission,and of course its amazing

but why does dewdrop frob so weird? if you pick dewdrop up then say drop him/throw him ,i had a hell of a time re-picking him up,not sure why

i loved the fact lady rowena added gloria to story line in a readable,i just wish i knew if gloria npc is in mission?,i did see 2 girls who stood out in mission.

my stats were after replay 9/10 secrets,and less then 250 from perfect loot

one of my fav things lady rowena does in missions that i love is use a om map but open up alot of the building so you can then see what is inside,making map so much more then om missions

i just had this crazy idea,take all the city maps from t1/tg/t2 and make every single building explore-able,kinda like that thief 3 city maps that was done in thief 2 engine,it would be a interesting experience to be able to explore thief 1 city then thief 2 city and thief 3 city with 100% full access to all buildings,but the results would be something that would be a must for all thief fans

^not telling anyone to do anything so please don't post that i am trying to tell anyone to do anything,its just a dream idea i had,and i am sure others might have had it too,since the thief 3 maps was kinda done/excluding all buildings,that you cant enter

i just want to say you all are special to me,and i hope you all live along time and having nothing but good times in life and all your dreams comes true
    Last edited by downwinder; 15th Sep 2018 at 05:14.

Great idea downwinder. I'd love to see Lord Bafford's Manor, Assasins, Ambush and Trace the Courier missions rebuilt and expanded so that you could enter all buildings.

As for Lady Rowena, unfortunately I never talked to her, but she is among my favourite people on this forum (the other ones being downwinder and Gloria Creep) and certainly one of the best mission authors.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemanyl View Post
    Great idea downwinder. I'd love to see Lord Bafford's Manor, Assasins, Ambush and Trace the Courier missions rebuilt and expanded so that you could enter all buildings.

As for Lady Rowena, unfortunately I never talked to her, but she is among my favourite people on this forum (the other ones being downwinder and Gloria Creep) and certainly one of the best mission authors.
    Aemanyl, yes Downwinder and I love the Dewdrop dolly. I even made a copy of her.
    You couldn't have known Lady Rowena, since you were not on the forum then. I'm glad you are now. We're testing the same mission now, aren't we?!

About Lady Rowena I only can say that she and I connected at some part of our lifes, both with our own problems. I'm very grateful to have known her and talked to her and I really hope she has learned something from me as I did from her. May she rest in peace. She'll always be in my heart, that's for sure!

I do hope her son and perhaps other children will still read our comments and posts. But I'm sure she will be cherished in her family also.

So: to all of you Taffers, pay her a tribute and replay all of her missions and you might be surprised how often she was mentioned and showed in a fanmission made by Taffers who also loved her and her work for us.

Last edited by Gloria Creep; 15th Sep 2018 at 21:34.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Aemanyl, yes Downwinder and I love the Dewdrop dolly. I even made a copy of her.
    You couldn't have known Lady Rowena, since you were not on the forum then. I'm glad you are now. We're testing the same mission now, aren't we?!
    Yes, we are testing the same mission now. Does being stuck in the same spot in the mission mean that we are somehow like-minded? Hehe, just kidding. But it's been a great pleasure to give you some tips there.

I wanted to make a fan mission called "Dewdrop Quest", in which you play as downwinder who is celebrating his birthday with you, Cardia, skacky, Yandros and other people from the forum. But unfortunately an evil necromancer breaks into downwinder's house and steals Dewdrop. He also kidnaps you. So in this mission you need to break into the necromancer's lair, retrieve Dewdrop and free Gloria Creep. I lack Dromed skills, but I hope I can make it for downwider's birthday next year. Would you like to be featured in the mission?

As regards Lady Rowena, do you rememeber that part in "The Tower", in which you were not supposed to kill the pregnant woman? I found this objective beautiful, Lady Rowena was such a sensitive person.

yeah my b-day is in 10 days ,going to be 44

great idea for a mission aemanyl,i would hunt to the ends of the thief universe to get dewdrop

i use to live by a bar called "dewdrop inn" in the 1980's,little did i know how important that name would be