TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief 1/Gold is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year!

Thief 1/Gold is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year!

Since Thief 1/Gold is celebrating it's 20th anniversary in November of this year. I would like to suggest a special fan mission to celebrate this huge milestone for the franchise! If anyone has any ideas what this special fan mission would look like, I like to hear from you, can't believe it's been 20 years already, time flies!

I think someone had more or less the same idea as you. Take a look at this.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148475
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148578

if i am not mistaken the whole reason this classic contest is going now is for this exact reason

so i guess this means thief 2 will be next contest for a classic contest t2 style

I see, so there are various fan mission contests taking place right now to create and submit the best fan mission you can create and share with the Thief community.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Actually, if you read closely, there's just one.

Yep. In my opinion, while it runs under the banner of "contest", really it's just a kick in the pants to get people working on new missions. Sure, it'd be nice to win, but I won't lose any sleep over it if my partner and I don't. Everyone wins, because it's looking like we get 10+ new missions to play.

Oh ok, and besides when I go on thiefmissions.com site, the site hasn't been updated with new missions since last year! Are people still making new fan missions anymore?

I should hope so. I'm co-authoring one right now. Beside's thiefmissions, Taffer's Paradise has a good selection, as well as Brethren's own Southquarter, which has (correct me if I'm wrong here) everything since thiefmissions stopped regular updates. Fortuni's Brief Summaries Page lists a number of other places you can get missions. People don't make missions as regularly as they once did, but the machine has yet to stop.

Oh ok, thanks for the heads up, I thought we would never see another new fan mission every again which would be sad. Oh nice, what new fan mission are you making for which Thief game, Thief 1/Gold or Thief 2? Like the Sims franchise community for example, people create sims and share them to download for other users to play with. Fan missions are the same, but much more difficult to create because it's so time consuming, you'll be spending more time creating missions than playing the actual missions.
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 11th Sep 2018 at 02:42.

It's for Thief Gold, as per the contest. I won't go into much detail about it because I don't want any spoilers, especially since it's only a little more than halfway done, and a lot could change.

DromEd Archmage
    To add more light in matter of FMs, it's not that people are now rare to work with Dromed, it's the fact people try to build bigger and more ambitious missions since we can go further with newdark.
    There is also the fact that players tried very good missions and then expect to see quality on the visual/content/plots & details.

Then you have the feeling to see less missions published since it's not being built within a few weeks or monthes but years now.

Of course, the fact the engine gives more opportunity and let people doing bigger missions can make some people abandonning their missions because of the many things that happens in a year within their real life, or the fear to publish a mission that don't worth it. And other things like this that unfortunately makes novice dromeders having difficulties on starting and finishing a project.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    Thief 1/Gold is celebrating it's 20th anniversary this year!
    In honor of one of the smartest games ever made, perhaps we could get the correct form of "its" in the thread title.

Also we now have the Dark Mod as alternative game to the Thief series and people have been making fan missions for that game more than just the classic Thief games from back in the day. I understand how difficult it can be to create new fan missions on a regular basis. Ok, no problem, I hate spoilers as well. So no need to explain the fan mission to me until its release. Haha, It's and Its is the same way of explaining what I'm saying, but I see what you did there. English can be difficult to spell certain words, haha!

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    Haha, It's and Its is the same way of explaining what I'm saying, but I see what you did there. English can be difficult to spell certain words, haha!
    I'm going to assume from your garbled, incoherent writing style that you're drunk, so here's a picture of what you did wrong. Maybe haha that will get through to you haha.

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to title this thread "Thief 1/Gold is celebrating it is 20th anniversary this year!"

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    OK Lord Snark, I have edited the title appropriately. I resisted the urge to change it instead to "Thief 1/Gold is celebrating it's [sic] 20th anniversary this year!"

Ok dude, I get your point, no need to judge me for mistaking my grammar. Let's get back to the subject please.

mcmike1489 as i was told ,they try to set people up to get banned ,so best to ignore them,and only deal with people you want to.

i was the target before you

Oh wow, thank you for the advice, ignore those who want to make you mad so you can get in trouble for no reason and it's hard to show proof that you are the victim. Don't be the taffer yourself, ignore the taffers who are taffing around with you.
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 12th Sep 2018 at 18:32.

you nailed it perfectly mcmike,they almost got me banned,sad the mods cant see through what they do for being instigators and ban them

Thanks, yeah true. The mods are very busy all the time and they can't tell of who's the victim and who's the perpetrator. They just ban anyone for not following the rules on here.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    What the hell are you talking about !? The mods are extremely tolerant and forgiving on this forum. Compared to many other forums, it takes quite a lot of effort to get banned from TTLG, even when you derail threads on a regular basis or throw insults at people...

So, anymore suggestions about making a super cool fan mission for the 20th anniversary of the original Thief game this year? I can think of a really good mission using Hammerites which is my favorite faction of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Compared to many other forums, it takes quite a lot of effort to get banned from TTLG, even when you derail threads on a regular basis or throw insults at people...
    This is true. We don't like to ban anyone if we can help it. I'm pretty sure only 2 (non spammer) people have been permanently banned in the time I've been moderating. And downwinder is quite wrong. We're perfectly well aware of who does what.

mcmike1489 - if you're looking for anything about fan missions, the Fan Mission forum is the best place to find it.

Thank you for the info and I did not go off topic that time when certain people try to correct me in a way that may not sound polite, I'll just continue being on topic and don't worry about anyone giving me a difficult time. To be honest, I never created a fan mission of my own before, this is my 1st time since I'm learning the basics of Dromed and even Dark Radiant for the Dark Mod as well which is similar but for a different game that's also going to celebrate it's 10th anniversary next year. Hard to believe that the Dark Mod will be 10 years old in 2019!