TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief (2014) has no level editor, mods, custom content or support. Thief 5 rumor

Thief (2014) has no level editor, mods, custom content or support. Thief 5 rumor

I find it disappointing that "Thief" (2014) is the only game in the series not to have any fan mission, a level editor, custom content or mods you can use to fully customize your game. Pretty much, I have all 3 previous Thief games including the spin-off: "Thief 2X Shadows of the Metal Age" installed but decided to not have this one on my computer because of that. I did hear about a rumor talking about a possible "Thief 5" game coming out in the future, does anyone know anymore information of the current status of the game?

No Thief 5 thankfully. At least for now

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    I did hear about a rumor talking about a possible "Thief 5" game coming out in the future
    No you didn't.

Thankfully that's what the "Dark Mod" is for. To have a 5th Thief game that's not part of the Thief Universe but plays very similar to the original Thief games.

Im starting a new rumor

Next year, A new campaign will be purchasable and this time they will include the level editor.
    -user3

Oh awesome! Sounds great, thanks for the heads up!

update:

cloud account subscription required 5.99/month

Wait, you’re telling me I have to pay to get this campaign? That makes no sense!

5.99 per month? What a steal!

He's gotta be taffing with me on this. Every fan mission made for the Thief games has always been free! So why now charging for something that may just be a regular fan mission?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    He's gotta be taffing with me on this. Every fan mission made for the Thief games has always been free! So why now charging for something that may just be a regular fan mission?
    How many "regular fan missions" are available for Thief reboot?

lol, you didn't have Thief reboot at the start of this thread; so what is going to get you to buy it? It has an entire campaign you know and others are paying for just that one campaign.

Nobody said you have to buy each new campaign, but that would be nice if the authors get a discount off their monthly fee or cash back if they are popular, huh?

Good question, hopefully a lot of missions will be made for Thief (2014) Ok, I would understand paying 6 bucks for a new campaign but why pay every month, how about creating a season pass so when new campaigns or new content comes out, people won't have to spend money like crazy! Just paying a one-time fee for everything coming out from that point on and it will be free for those who purchase a season pass only.

Maybe your a little confused, so I will break it down for you as a player.
    1. Buy Thief(2014) on Steam $30-$40
    2. Buy the Expansion Pack (new Campaign plus the level editor $20-$30)
    3. Play the 2 campaigns as much as you like. No monthly fee for this.
    4. Buy Missions or Campaigns that others made. Pricing to be determined but assume $1 each mission.
    ----
    5. Time passes and you have been playing with the crippled level editor enough that you opt into the monthly fee to gain access to custom content, debugging cloud software and helpful networked people. Maybe not, instead you release the crippled missions so others can load them into the level editor and play with the standard stock of scripts, objects etc.
    ----
    6. You release a wonderful mission packaged into a campaign, receive money that pays your monthly fee and maybe a little extra that you can redeem into real money. Square Enix determines releases based on quality to be purchased via Steam(DLCs).

Just out of curiosity; how many of the over 1000 missions for the 3 games have you played?
    Have you tried the FREE The Dark Mod yet (over 50 great missions and more every month)?
    Last edited by user3; 22nd Oct 2018 at 00:25.

Thief 2014 is just $2.99 at 90% off.

Thanks for the info. Is there a link you can send me so I can see for myself please? Thanks! I would appreciate it. I've played about nearly 230 fan missions for both Thief Gold and Thief 2. I've only played like 3 fan missions for Thief 3 since not many of them I like work properly because either the fan mission itself is out of date or it's broken. But that's a whole different topic on another forum. I already have the Dark Mod installed and I only been playing the training mission for now to get familiar with the gameplay. I see that Thief 2014 on Steam is $29.99 at regular price. To pay $2.99 for the full game I'm guessing you'll need a Steam gift card to get that special offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Thief 2014 is just $2.99 at 90% off.
    Still $2.99 too much

Dude, a game worth $2.99 is better than paying $29.99! That's a bargain right there.

ZylonBane
    You miss a lot of jokes, don't you?