TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Ashes 2063

Ashes 2063

Coming COMPLETELY out of left field, arrives episode 1 of the Doom mod "Ashes 2063".

This one goes for a post apocalyptic style, and has a very "Duke 3D" kinda look to it. With neutral and friendly npcs etc.

As for episode 1, it's available:
    Here

Ah Doom, how I love thee.

Chakat sex pillow
    Oh, so this isn't the futuristic cricket sim I visualised when I saw the thread title. Cricket, but with more Tron.

Yeah, the Doom mod's position in left field is nothing compared to where that apparent Future Cricket sim was coming from :) (Presumably somewhere around Deep Extra Cover).

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ooooh, gorgeous! This looks like it could give Ion Maiden a run for it's money. I love the motorcycle bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Oh, so this isn't the futuristic cricket sim I visualised when I saw the thread title. Cricket, but with more Tron.
    Cyberpunk cricket. Every team is owned by a big corporation (e.g. PG Tips, Cadbury's, Marmite). You can upgrade your cricketers with implants and augmentations. Deus Ex: The Ashes of Humanity, that kind of thing.

Thing What Kicks
    I was thinking post apocalyptic cricket, Ashes from the Ashes if you will. I mean, come on, cricket's not that different from Mad Max when you look at it. Lots of Australians and armour pads, people trying and failing to catch things, the comparisons are... pretty much that.

MEDIOCRE!

Well we already have a video game of that. Sort of. Speed Ball back on the Amiga. Though that was more a video game version of the sport from the movie "Rollerball". Then again that wasn't even remotely cricket, nor does it have augmentations. But it is future based so it has that.

Funnily enough, if there was an actual sports game that had RPG elements of powering up / leveling up your team and augmenting them up in a cyberpunk setting. Sounds pretty awesome to me. I'd buy that for a dollar .

Looks like my kind of game! Thanks for sharing, I wouldn't know about it if it weren't for this thread. Downloading now!

Quote Originally Posted by icemann
    Funnily enough, if there was an actual sports game that had RPG elements of powering up / leveling up your team and augmenting them up in a cyberpunk setting. Sounds pretty awesome to me. I'd buy that for a dollar
    I'd buy it for ten!

...How about twenty-five?

That's funny: when I read icemann's comment, I thought a blend of Pyre and Frozen Cortex might meet his needs.

Is it just me, or do Mode 7's games seem a bit pricey for what you get?

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    I was thinking post apocalyptic cricket, Ashes from the Ashes if you will. I mean, come on, cricket's not that different from Mad Max when you look at it. Lots of Australians and armour pads, people trying and failing to catch things, the comparisons are... pretty much that.
    This has potential - plus if we're doing Twenty20 by then instead of the kind of test matches where you feel your life slowly ebbing away a minute at a time, you could even have a bionic Tina Turner do a song and dance number.

My envisioned version, had you competing in lower ranked tournaments to build up cash, spend on augments to improve team stats, making your way up the ranks, get better augments etc etc. I'm telling ya. Be a good game .

[edit]
    Played a few levels. This is certainly one of the most unique Doom mods I've played. Kinda Fallout-ish and kinda Strife-ish with some Doom in there. Traveling around on the motorcycle takes some getting used to, as does being able to have actual text conversations with npcs that gets you quests to do. Though it's a linear game, so you can't go to an area, do a quest then return for a reward. Or not that I've seen so far. Combat is excellent. Not at all Doom-like at all there. All it's own.

Excellent work on the sprites in-game.
    Last edited by icemann; 26th Sep 2018 at 11:54.

Can someone explain what Cricket has to do with any of this? Btw, the game is awesome. They managed to capture the "true" PA atmosphere. Dark, dirty, grim, desolate. They way it should be, not the punk circus that Bethesda and other big studios make.

Quote Originally Posted by phobos2077 View Post
    Btw, the game is awesome. They managed to capture the "true" PA atmosphere. Dark, dirty, grim, desolate. They way it should be, not the punk circus that Bethesda and other big studios make.
    Other studios like Interplay, right?