TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Command and Conquer Remaster

Command and Conquer Remaster

EA is heading up a remaster of the original Command and Conquer.

Articles:
    Rock, Paper, Shotgun
    Kotaku

Some RA 3 music to keep you going:

Hope this leads to some new games that are actually in the proper C&C vein in the future. This one is set for release in September of 2020. Sign me up . The first 3 C&C games were excellent. In Red Alert's case 1-2.
    Last edited by icemann; 12th Oct 2018 at 22:44.

It's set for release 8 years ago?
    I suspect you've got a typo there.

I kind of missed out on Command & Conquer. I remember playing the demo of the first game way back when, and I seem to recall playing through Tiberium Sun, but didn't play any of the others.

SShock2.com

I'll be following this. I played the original C&C and the first Red Alert to exhaustion. Can't say I liked the other games of the series that much (especially since EA took over Westwood).

And the original Hell March is still one of my favourite game music ever.

Speaking of the music, I must admit that it's quite impressive that I can still remember the music from Command & Conquer 1 (specifically, "Acting on Instinct") despite only having played the demo.

Well, it's better than nothing. At least they are doing something to cater to the PC C&C fans, and giving it a StarCraft Remastered like treatment, with some modern touches like the ones we see in OpenRA, will be welcomed. I'd love it if they could actually upres the original cutscenes, too.

As an aside, I loved Red Alert 3 :P even

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Speaking of the music, I must admit that it's quite impressive that I can still remember the music from Command & Conquer 1 (specifically, "Acting on Instinct") despite only having played the demo.
    Frank Klepacki was only 17 when he made that song! The dude has mad talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    It's set for release 8 years ago?
    I suspect you've got a typo there.

I kind of missed out on Command & Conquer. I remember playing the demo of the first game way back when, and I seem to recall playing through Tiberium Sun, but didn't play any of the others.
    Typo fixed. My bad. It's coming out in 2020.

If you play only 1 game in the series, play Red Alert 2 + the "Yuri's Revenge" expansion. For a second game, play the first one to see where it all began.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccura View Post
    Frank Klepacki was only 17 when he made that song! The dude has mad talent.
    He was making music even before that, if I remember right. According to Wikipedia, he started out making music for Westwood for a game on the NES, then moved onto Eye of the Beholder 2, Lion King, Dune 2, then C&C. Dayam.
    Last edited by icemann; 12th Oct 2018 at 22:54.