TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hidden Gems, Underrated and Overlooked FMs

Dancing With The Dead
    Forgotten Forest 1 & 2

so many missions, so little time...

Am I the only one who can picture many screenshots and gameplay in my head and not place them with the corresponding mission? CoSaS 2 Mission X and Off To Milhorn Manor will go on my ever changing list, since I have just recently completed them and they are fresh in my mind. Cycling through my FMsel, I see many 4 and 5 star personal ratings I have given. Too bad I can't recall details , since much time has passed. I've thought many times about opening a "help me ID this mission" thread, but describing what I am looking for is not one of my strengths.

Lady Lotti series (Coterie of Smokers, Abysses, Bloody Ruins) was excellent, especially Abysses for general weird otherwordly stuff. They are individual missions but part of a story.

Christine's stuff in general really hasn't been matched in terms of visual output except by some more recent missions from other authors using nearly completely custom textures and objects.

Quote Originally Posted by joinusnow View Post
    Am I the only one who can picture many screenshots and gameplay in my head and not place them with the corresponding mission? CoSaS 2 Mission X and Off To Milhorn Manor will go on my ever changing list, since I have just recently completed them and they are fresh in my mind. Cycling through my FMsel, I see many 4 and 5 star personal ratings I have given. Too bad I can't recall details , since much time has passed. I've thought many times about opening a "help me ID this mission" thread, but describing what I am looking for is not one of my strengths.
    I've sometimes had this issue. Most recently (few months ag0) was I was playing Dark Mod missions and trying to remember Goldwell's Accountant 2 based on the theme and some visuals I had liked, and had to go through loading up a bunch of missions to get to it.

Gauntlet by Apache

Cryptic Cravings by The Dude (Philip Shepherd)
    Folly of Youth by The Dude (Philip Shepherd)
    Forbidden Rites by Pete Willhite (Krush)
    Long Way Down by Mortal Monkey
    Relic by Timon
    Time That Has Passed by Uncadonego (Don Adam)
    Timoteus by Timon

Quote Originally Posted by piesel View Post
    I loved Secret Connections by DarkThiefDarek, recommended for who likes atmospheric mansion levels.
    Ive never heard of this and can't seem to find it. Anyone have a direction to this mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenus1 View Post
    Ive never heard of this and can't seem to find it. Anyone have a direction to this mission?
    http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/thief1missions.html

On this list, marked "Project Hammer - Secret Connections"

Thanks Guff, the name threw me off, and its hella hard searching the forums and web for Secret Connections by DarkThiefDarek. I've played this already and great mission.

The Secret Way is amazing. One of my favorite fanmissions.

I really like to replay Just for Show by tumbleweed. It looks and plays great. Too bad that it's the only FM we got from this author, I believe.

I've really enjoyed these FM's:

Tales from the Cleft: Vandal
    Orthodox Wedding
    Homo Arbor
    Christmas Present
    Lady Lisa's Harbor
    Happy New Year, Mr. Lambert
    Abysses (and pretty much anything else by Christine)

Heist society!

Quote Originally Posted by neux View Post
    Heist society!
    Seconded. It's not that obscure, but it's also not mentioned very often. This FM definitely deserves more recognition for its brilliant level design and technical accomplishments during OldDark days.
    Last edited by marbleman; 14th Nov 2018 at 08:33.

i just got done playing last caress ,what a great mission and not sure i heard anyone ever mention it,a horror survival

Firemage's Evil Thievery seems overlooked, perhaps because A Better Tomorrow was the star of that contest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12