TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Upcoming missions

Upcoming missions

I see that recently very few missions are being realesed on all platforms. I wonder how many missions are in development right now? Dates don't matter. I know about upcoming missions thread, but maybe there is something abandoned and not updated. And it would be great if every author could confirm this.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    A huge majority of active authors have been busy working on entries for the T1 20th Anniversary Contest during the last year, and those are due at the end of the month. I think that explains the relative scarcity of FM releases this year so far, but it will be made up for in a month or so when we should see at least 10 missions, possibly 15 or more, all released for T1G for the contest.

Im working on a new T2 mission with two maps, but im afraid i won't be able to finish it this year , it will be the first time i won't be able to release something within a year time , and ive always been able to released missions every single year.

I’m working on a mission now: “Heist at Hilbert’s Highrise Hotel.” It’s a fictional re-telling of the life of famed mathematician David Hilbert. Should be out within a year.

I'm working on my second mission of Mystery of the Upper Quarter on an almost daily basis

I'm alive too and working on Nosferatu V2 (mission 2). Unfortunately I missed this Halloween, but soon or later will be ready. Christmas is a target.

Im glad to hear youre still with us Szab and i can't wait for that new mission of Nosferatu.
    Last edited by Cardia; 4th Nov 2018 at 17:34.

I have just released my campaign. But i already have begin a new FM. Scary, of course.

I keep development of my T2 FM slowly progressing, but i'm also busy with learning programming and drawing nowadays.

I am working on a TG mission that was supposed to be for the Aniversary contest, but I am a slow builder and will miss the deadline. Should have it done in the spring of next year.

bbb

Quote Originally Posted by bbb View Post
    I am working on a TG mission that was supposed to be for the Aniversary contest, but I am a slow builder and will miss the deadline. Should have it done in the spring of next year.

bbb
    we are two, i also wanted to have something ready for this year, but most likely i will have my new mission finished next year by February.

I'm finishing up my contest mission and planning a new campaign with Random_Taffer.

Yes that's good news

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    I'm alive too and working on Nosferatu V2 (mission 2). Unfortunately I missed this Halloween, but soon or later will be ready. Christmas is a target.
    That's cool. The first part made a strong impression on me.

If you need some unique models - contact me, maybe I can help.

As for me, I had to postpone all my projects, since I concentrated my efforts on learning Unreal Engine. However, I still intend to complete the Dark Forest and Darkbourg in some hypothetical near future.

Cool-cool, take your time, but I am definitely a fan of your series. I love the early screens of DF and DB. My mission isn't far along enough to list in the upcoming missions thread, but I'm sure most people here are aware of my dev thread.

After the Contest FM is out, i take a little break, and next Year there will be 2 New FMs (Paradox Equation, Soul of the Gems), and Continue the Acideus Saga.
    After this thing i start to work on the First Thief2x FM that will be the 7.Part of the Saga where Zaia returns.

Quote Originally Posted by -Terra- View Post
    After this thing i start to work on the First Thief2x FM that will be the 7.Part of the Saga where Zaia returns.
    Wait, what? Did any of the original team approve this?

Quote Originally Posted by McTaffer View Post
    Wait, what? Did any of the original team approve this?
    wasnt the Thief2x Ress, free to use? Its a long time, but i think i ask for permission, maybe it was 2014 or 15.

For a long time there was a misunderstanding about the use of T2X resources, but about 4 or 5 years ago fett came on here and gave express permission for us to use resources from T2X freely. Also, the original restriction they placed on its use was intended to encourage us to make T2X universe missions, which is exactly what it sounds like Terra is doing anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing this project!

I have also been working on my new one, although all progress came to a dead halt after RDR2 released....

Quote Originally Posted by -Terra- View Post
    Terra, I still have all my original source files from T2X. When you get ready if you need any changes to the Zaya arm models or HUD I'm happy to help out.

As for me, my T1 contest mission is in the mid stages of beta. After that I will return to my Thief 2 projects. Which include: A small fun mission set in 1920s prohibition era America. A large, near total-conversion mission set a few years after Thief 2, and I am also doing a bunch of custom resources for gamophyte's horror mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    For a long time there was a misunderstanding about the use of T2X resources, but about 4 or 5 years ago fett came on here and gave express permission for us to use resources from T2X freely. Also, the original restriction they placed on its use was intended to encourage us to make T2X universe missions, which is exactly what it sounds like Terra is doing anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing this project!
    That's before I even started lurking here, so I didn't know. That's awesome, though! Since Wynne made an appearance not too long ago I wonder if she'd be interested in such a project.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    I see that recently very few missions are being realesed on all platforms. I wonder how many missions are in development right now? Dates don't matter. I know about upcoming missions thread, but maybe there is something abandoned and not updated. And it would be great if every author could confirm this.
    I'm currently learning the Thief 3 (III) Editor "T3Ed".

My mission(s) will be released for this game. I'll update (in Thief Fan Missions) with screenshots and other tidbits of information as it's coming along.

I did want to ask... do people prefer missions made with T3Ed, Dark Radiant (for The Dark Mod) or DromEd (for either The Dark Project or The Metal Age)?

Compatibility wise, I wish to make it as easy as possible for people to enjoy.
    Last edited by Goethe's Ghost; 18th Nov 2018 at 19:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Goethe's Ghost View Post
    I did want to ask... do people prefer missions made with T3Ed, Dark Radiant (for The Dark Mod) or DromEd (for either The Dark Project or The Metal Age)?

Compatibility wise, I wish to make it as easy as possible for people to enjoy.
    In that case, T3Ed is probably the worst choice. I'd go with the good old DromEd.

Which Engine?

It seems before NewDark, interest in Dromed was going down, probably because of the engine limitations. Since then, there was a revived interest in Dromed.

My vote is Dromed for either TDP or TMA (although I do prefer TDP/TG).

bbb