TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "BLOODSPORT" officially released! (Feb 20, 2001)

Skeptic Intruder

Metalhead, how do you get the final objective to show up? I still can't figure out how to turn it up.

Nice job with the level.

Metalhead

Umm which part of the final objective?

KoM&G: Well I can't take credit for the zombie skins, Apache hooked me up with those. And I think those crates may have to make a re-appearance soon too

------------------
    "Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from the... *thump* Oof! Gag!"

Kyra

I had great fun with the crates and thought they were a wonderful invention. Unfortunately, they were the last thing I discovered in the mission (having missed the keybox on the wall on the other side from the switch). Otherwise, I sure coulda used those supplies.

I also enjoyed all the hidden passages and secrets (even though some of the didn't yield anything useful)

One question though - what, if anything, did the torch switch do (in the room across from the women's bunks)?

Metalhead

Ah, THAT torch... umm, I don't know I think I stuck it in there to use later & forgot all about it. Hehe just think of it as needing a couple more screws

And for all those interested, here's a preview of what's (planned) in the semi-sequel, "Absolut Power" (coming summer 2k+1):

The quaint lil town of Chesley, ruled over by the benevolent Duke.. but of course, all is not as peaceful as it seems.

A HUGE castle to explore & plunder

The return of the Hammerites, complete with cathedral.

The Royal Chesley Courthouse

The Guard HQ

First Chesley Savings & Loan (bank)

The terrifying Museum of the Undead

Chesley Docks & Shipyard, Inc

A hidden factory

And lots & lots of... well, you'll see

Fear ye the coming of the Hammerite Inquisition!

------------------

pbucko

When i mentioned the cells earlier i meant the cells wher the tree beasts etc where locked in, not the cell you start in.

How do you deal with the combat bot man in the dormatory area you cant kill him and you cant blackjack him, the tile floors are too hard to creep by him and there arent many moss arrows.
    I found the secret floor compartment but it leads nowhere, there is a gap in the cieling but no switch.

------------------
    The Lost Portal

Coming soon--"Karrasina-The New Threat"

exraven

I played the whole level and whacked everybody and found a few secret passages and then came here to read. Man, I missed alot. Im going to replay...NOW...

Metalhead

Those other cells don't open, they're just there for effect... and why on earth would you want to uncage a very unhappy treebeast? LOL

Save your moss arrows to get by the mechbot in the Grant Leige's house... you can actually get thru the whole mission without any moss arrows, I almost never use them in any mission. Fire arrows make quick work of him too

mr_luc

METALHEAD, THIS IS AWESOME!!!

My Thief 2 cd was taken by a 'friend' recently, but I broke into his house and blackjacked him and got it back . . . so now I just finished playing your FM and it rocks!!

Screw anyone who complains about it not being a 'real level' or any stupid stuff like that -- I haven't seen any yet, but just in case. Because this level is one of the most fun I have ever played.

jupiter

Thanks Metalhead for the mission

I am downloading it right now

I have 3 more thief 1/gold fan missions
    to complete ..
    then I will stuck into TMA fan missions..

can't wait ...

Skeptic Intruder

Originally posted by Metalhead:
    Umm which part of the final objective?
    There's supposed to be the objective to let all the beasts loose on the grand liege, but I've never seen it. It ends after I toss him in the arena.

Metalhead

AH, that. That's one of those on again/off again bugs that I never quite worked out, it's kinda random unfortunately

------------------
    My latest project:
    "Absolute Power"
    5% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

Hidden in shadows

How big is the stripped version Metalman?
    The reason why I ask is that I am downloading it now...With a modem!!!
    ummm

Metalhead

stripped? you mean without the terrain brushes? No clue. if you mean the no-movie version, it's only around 3 meg

------------------
    My latest project:
    "Absolute Power"
    5% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

pSIcho

A truly fantastic mission Metalhead!

Iíve really enjoyed playing it. This Forum also sorted a few of the problems I had, such as who was Grand Leige, and so Iíve just completed it.

For those of you who are unsure who Grand Leige is, he is different to the others in appearance (as Metalhead said). His clothing is black, whereas the others are green, and he has a sort of wheel picture on his chest, unlike the brothers who have a red moon. Look around at all the bodies you have koíd in the area around the centre building of all the huts. He probably came out if you made a noise inside the centre building. Also, if you are having trouble with getting out of the arena, take a run-up and jump at one of the sides. It is possible to pull yourself up.

Another good way of getting rid of that mechbot in Grand Leigeís house (the centre building) is to get his attention so he chases you and run around one of the buildings. He will loose you in the darkness, so you can keep on running and go back into the house. This will give you enough time to loot the place, and if he catches you on your way out just run round again to shake him off. This method involves using no resources.

Some of the best parts in the game were the zombies fighting against the guards, smashing through all those crates in the storeroom (luckily I found them early on in the game so I could make use of the supplies), and many of the secrets such as ďWilly the Magic FishĒ! Iíve only played it once (on Nuckiní Futs) but I will sure play it again as I can see many ways of completing it that have to be tried.

Iím a newbie to FMís, and I loved this one so much, Iím going to give it to mates who donít generally play FMís since this one was so good. Cheers Metalhead!

mr_luc

Btw, those custom zombies look a lot like something very, very familiar from another game . . . . can't put my finger on it . . .

Hehe, I FINALLY managed to trap 9 of the guards in the corpse storage rooms. It is my single highest achievement in the mission. I wish I could get a gold star or something.

Bruny

Wow! And I was so proud of trapping four guards in one of the cells! How did you do it? When I tried by ducking into the hole, they ran off to get their pals and wouldn't stay long enough for me to slip around the other side and lock them in. Although it's cool, if you do trap some they'll eventually die from the bug clouds.

Hmmm ... maybe I'll have to give this one a third try.

NickD

This was one of the most challenging missions I have played. I'm sure I spent more time in this FM than in any other. Excellent gameplay!

I did get a little frustrated at first when I was just running around looking for weapons. But once I found them it got fun.

I've finished it on the middle (expert) level but an now going around looking for all the secrets. I've been running around for a few hours and need some help now.

SPOILERS FOLLOW.......

I've found 5 out of 10 secrets. I think I know where 2 or 3 more are but can't seem to get them. Can anyone help?

1. Below the tiled room, which is behind the 2 special arena seats, there is a room which has a green spider, 2 blue haunts and glowing rats. I can see them through the crack in the wall. How do I get in there?

2. At the spectator entrance to the arena, where there are 4 very large logs above you, there seems to be a secret opening at the end of one of the logs. How do I get in there?

3. There was another room where there was what looked like a secret door on the ceiling. Can't remember exactly where it was now. I think it was in a room which loks like a small lounge (some couches and a table and a lamp in the middle of the room). How do I get in there?

Maybe these things aren't available in the middle difficulty level. If so, please let me know.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by NickD (edited February 26, 2001).]

Metalhead

Whoah! The thread about my lil' ol FM is onto it's second page, sweeet! As to your questions, I won't give any direct spoilers but I will say this: All of the secrets (well all but one) are connected by the haunted wall passages. Most of them can only be opened from inside those haunted passages. IF you've found the room with the RatArritions, that's the big room that's kinda like a "hub" for all the other haunted passages. And as for the big room you can see thru the floor gap, that's probably one of the easiest in the game to get into LOL. Search around the arena and the main entrance(the big room with all the big tall doors) for the route.

------------------
    My latest project:
    "Absolute Power"
    5% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

NickD

Thanks for the hints Metalhead. You said that all of the secrets except one are connected by the haunted wall passages. However, I've found 5 secrets (according to the stats screen) but I don't think I've been in the haunted wall passages.

The RatArritions (glowing rats) I only know about because I can see them through the gap in the floor in that tiled room. I haven't yet been to the place where they actually are. That's where I'm trying to go. I guess I'll have to look some more. I swear I've spent hours looking for these things.

Metalhead

Check the walls on the level above that big tiled room, towards the main entrance...

------------------
    My latest project:
    "Absolute Power"
    5% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

Keeper of Metal and Gold

I forgot to post this earlier, but was it just me, or did this mission seem a little too bright? I mean the ambient lighting - nowhere looked dark to me, everything was lit up pretty well, and it was a bit hard to see where I would be in shadow. I may have had settings off, but it hasn't been like that for other T2 missions I've played, so I think it's the mission

------------------

hypnos

I'm downloading it now. It sounds pretty sweet! I'll give my opinion soon. Bye!

Bruny

Yes, the mission was too bright. I noticed that right away. Not so bright you couldn't hide in the shadows but it should have been something like ambient 30 30 30.

[This message has been edited by Bruny (edited February 27, 2001).]

hypnos

Hello,
    I only played the map for a few minutes. In that short time of playing Iím sorry to say I found many bugs! Here are the bugs that I found:

When lock picking some doors they didnít sound like they were in front of me but they sounded very far away. I think this has something to do with the placement of the room brush?

Lighting Ė although this isnít a bug as such it can still be very annoying when the map seems to be brightly illuminated everywhere! This really isnít conceivable especially when in tunnels!

When entering the room full with water the door way was also water-full! Also Iím not sure why there is water in this room. Itís not conceivable that the room will be full with water and when you open the door it doesnít all flow out.

I also think that the level lacks a lot of detail! Not enough images on walls etc.

Other than this itís a great effort! Youíve done something Iíll probably never be able to do (CREATE A GOOD MAP!). Well Done.

Bruny

That's the "water" room. I.e., there's a room for Earth, Fire, and Air as well. So the water room is, well, watery. Even the doorway.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast