TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "BLOODSPORT" officially released! (Feb 20, 2001)

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Yes, the water room is as it was meant to be - Watery! It's not a bug

------------------

Metalhead

Ok in relation to the whole brightness bit, I actually DO have the ambient set to 20, 20, 20. Remember, you can easily adjust your gamma settings in game with the + & - keys, since it'll show up differently on different cards/monitors. I'm always inthe habit of tweaking my gamma settings to maket he game look right.

As to those other things, KoM&G and Bruny are right, the Brothers have thier Elemental Scholars, kind of like the mages in T1 but minus the magic. Reading the various scriptures from the Tome of the Raven scattered about the level (hopefully) explains some of this. As far as the lack of detail goes, I never had the chance to touch on this as much as I wanted with the books, but the Brother's keep is was originally constructed by a much older race, and the Brotherhood has slowly been renovating it as should be evidence by the different architecture styles (at least that's what I was trying for LOL). Also, the Brotherhood is not as affluent as the Hammers or Mechanists, so only those high up like the Leiges have stuff to put on the walls. But feel free to email me with any more questions relating to these guys, for this certainly won't be Garrett's last run in with the Brotherhood of the Raven *evil meniachal laughter*

------------------
    "Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from the... *thump* Oof! Gag!"
    My latest project:
    "Absolute Power"
    5% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

Muzman

There was definately something wrong with that lighting though. I turned down the gamma nearly all the way to match the areas of "darkness" as indicated by the light gem. But this made the fully lit areas very dark also, so the contrasts were clearly...weird (also, if I switched to another mission using those gamma settings I couldn't see a thing).
    With my non existant Dromed knowledge I'd say it looked like the mission had only been Quick Lit and/or there was a fog layer over the whole thing that wasn't working quite right.

Datoyminaytah

Was there supposed to be some goal related to the arena? I never saw it, and I finished the game on the medium setting. What did I miss, and why, I wonder?

Metalhead

Gotta play it on expert to get that lil gem of an objective

------------------
    My latest project:
    "Absolute Power"
    5% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

NickD

Hi Metalhead, it's me again. OK, I ran around for another hour in those areas that you suggested (the large room with the 4 big metal doors and the arena). Still didn't find it. I'm missing something completely.

Well I'm stuck now unless someone can spoil this secret for me.

Metalhead

LOL ok ok i'll spoil the secret. Go back to that big room with the doors, then go upstairs, past the ticket booths. There should be two corugated corridors to walkways over the big tile room. In each of those indentations, look up in the corners at the top. I forget which one exactly, but you'll find a little switch. Frob it, then look in the other corridor for an open door. Then prepate to face the unholy wrath of the undead muahahahahah!

------------------
    My latest project:
    "Absolute Power"
    5% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

Metalhead

LOL ok ok i'll spoil the secret. Go back to that big room with the doors, then go upstairs, past the ticket booths. There should be two corugated corridors to walkways over the big tile room. In each of those indentations, look up in the corners at the top. I forget which one exactly, but you'll find a little switch. Frob it, then look in the other corridor for an open door. Then prepare to face the unholy wrath of the undead muahahahahah!

------------------
    My latest project:
    "Absolute Power"
    5% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

Donos

Ok, I've only been able to play through a short bit of the level, since I had to return the monitor I was borrowing to play it. My only complaint is that the guards patrolling in the beginning will attack you if they see you inside the cell. This confuses me

Oh, and doesn't the escape tunnel seem a bit, obvious? I honestly didn't notice it behind me until my third reload, trying to get the keys from the guards without them killing me. But if I were kept imprisoned in a cell, I think I'd notice a hole big enough to crawl through.

These are just minor qualms. And I'm really not one to judge, considering all the troubles I'm having with Dromed . I have a great mission planned out mentally, but damned if I can get over that Dromed learning curve. The only mission editor I've used before was for Starcraft (2D and very simplified event system). And I spent a LITTLE time with the Descent 2 editor, which is a little similar to Dromed.

But now I've gone off on about eight tangents. Great mission so far (at the hallway with the rooms of the four disciples of the elements).

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Originally posted by Donos:
    Oh, and doesn't the escape tunnel seem a bit, obvious? I honestly didn't notice it behind me until my third reload,
    "third reload" Doesn't that speak for itself? Honestly, I though it was odd as well - perhaps a secret brick to move part of the wall away, but that's okay, I didn't really mind.

------------------

Metalhead

Well I was worried it might be a bit obvious too, but the amount of people who had no clue it was there despite playing the game a couple times reassured me LOL

------------------
    My latest project:
    "Absolute Power"
    5% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

mr_luc

Bruny:

The best way to trap large numbers of guards in that zombie cell is as follows:

1. Blackjack the 2 guards in the hall, and the ponytail guy.

2. Plae their bodies directly in front of door to zombie room.

3. Open zombie door, but don't let zombies see you!

4. Acquire a crate. Pick up crate.

5. Run around like a psycho through the level, until you have what seems like hundreds of guards on your tail.

6. Run into the open zombie room, circling frantically. When most guards are in room, jump onto ladder (but DO NOT go down it). This is to let you catch your breath.

7. Still have the crate, right? Ok, now run to the doorway. Place the crate on top of the BJ'd guard in front of door. Block door with body as well and close the door. You will take a couple of hits, but the result is soo damn satisfying!

NickD

Metalhead, thanks for all the help. I was finally able to get in there. I would never have found that switch without your help. It was pretty scary in there and very tough. I was even able to find the rest of the secrets.

Had a great time in that mission. Hope there's going to be more to follow.

Bruny

Aha mr_luc. Tricky. I forgot you could block AI like that. I tip my hat to you.

So did you follow the bots as they made their rounds and prevent them from closing and locking those doors behind them? Makes navigating the map much easier.

Metalhead

NickD: Yup lots more good stuff to come, check earlier in this thread for a preview. I just finished up most of the city part today so it's moving along quite nicely.

Bruny: Or you can just get the key from the room with all the desks

------------------
    My latest project:
    "Absolute Power"
    5% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

labrekk

Help needed to finish T2 FM Bloodsport

Hello,

Well, I'd just like to know how the hell can I get out of that place??? I made my objectives and I'm ready to get out. I've gone everywhere I guess and doesn't find an exit so far...

The mission is really interesting. I've had a hard time to find my sword first but...

Regards,

labrekk

mr_luc

Hehe. Bruny, Metalhead stole my response

Btw, Metalhead, check out my post to get a look at your house in my FM! Well the rough version anyway, altho exterior is finished.

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Originally posted by labrekk:
    Hello,

Well, I'd just like to know how the hell can I get out of that place??? I made my objectives and I'm ready to get out. I've gone everywhere I guess and doesn't find an exit so far...

The mission is really interesting. I've had a hard time to find my sword first but...

Regards,

labrekk
    For some reason when I finished the last objective except for the escape objective, it just automatically marked it as finished, although I was definitely still inside!

------------------

nubetaffer

bloodsport!!!

can anyone tell me how to get the hell out of this mission (no witty coments like "press quit" please)
    i have accomplished everything and now i am trapped!!!!
    please help!!!

belboz

Beyond the burrick gate. Get the burrick key, go to the big room with the big lake in it, swim around in the water to a tunnel to the right of the platform where the guard is (facing the water pouring out of the tunnel opposite), swim down there, unlock the gate with the key, open the gate, swim into the small room beyond, wait 30 seconds.

Pointdexter43

3 to 4 hours! Is bloodsport worth downloading that long............

I heard it was a good mission and since it has that arena in it, I realy want to play it. But its gonna take my computer 3, 3 1/2, mayby even 4 hours to download. Is the map realy worth that long of a download? I mean, is it a realy high quality map? Just wondering, thats all.......

------------------
    To be a writer means to be a creator of worlds. You create the lives of people who never existed until the exact moment you started writing. It takes inginuity, it takes imagination, and it takes thought. I hold all of these traits, and that makes me gifted. Dont fear me because of my talents, but respect me and learn from my creations. I am a writer-creator of worlds.

-Jonathan Sharpe

Doc4

Can we setup a poll as to which thread causes more permanent damage to our human culture or do we just assume its the most recent?

Tom / Doc4

Muzman

Sounds like you're getting the big briefing version. Hunt around for the briefingless version it's only a couple of megs

Nightwalker

I just finished playing it twice, and I've started again on Nuckin Futs. It's really lots of fun. I downloaded the one with no briefing. Check your e-mail because I tried sending it to you. Let me know if it worked. It should save you some time.

[This message has been edited by Nightwalker (edited March 10, 2001).]

Pointdexter43

Thanks Nightwalker, I'll check to see if I got it later.

------------------
    To be a writer means to be a creator of worlds. You create the lives of people who never existed until the exact moment you started writing. It takes inginuity, it takes imagination, and it takes thought. I hold all of these traits, and that makes me gifted. Dont fear me because of my talents, but respect me and learn from my creations. I am a writer-creator of worlds.

-Jonathan Sharpe

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast