TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "BLOODSPORT" officially released! (Feb 20, 2001)

Viper6

Yes it is that good. This is a must play! Really. And it's a must play in Nuckin Futs difficulty level too. This is one challenging SOB.

I click download, then go do something else, run errands, go to bed, etc. But the mission without the briefing doesn't take that long.

Nightwalker

Sorry, you didn't get it. It got bounced back to me as exceeding your storage capacity.

Keeper of Metal and Gold

I have both versions (not on i-drive), so you can get the no-briefing version from the Keep (actually there is a third "high quality movie" version, but I don't have that one)

------------------

constable

Hello

- YES!!! This is a challenging level...well worth the time to download.

- Also, even though it takes longer to download the "with briefing" version, it too is VERY worth it...

Metalhead

If you're still having problems, contact me on ICQ at 9213677 and I can send it to you that way.

------------------
    "Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from the... *thump* Oof! Gag!"
    My latest project:
    "Absolute Power"
    10% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

Viper6

Mr. P, I, or anyone here could e-mail it to you as an attched file. w/o briefing size is about 2 1/2 mb. Should take about 15 min to d/l with dial-up modem service. You still having trouble? My e-mail is in my profile.

Metalhead

But I will warn you, don't expect a Gladiator-grand arena. Dromed being what it is I couldn't make anything that spectacular, and since it's a crucial gameplay area (sooner or later I had to keep the framerate acceptible too

------------------
    "Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from the... *thump* Oof! Gag!"
    My latest project:
    "Absolute Power"
    10% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

Keeper of Metal and Gold

The real Colluseum is about 50 times bigger than the arena in Bloodsport, but Bloodsport nonetheless captures a good arena feel to it. Hats off to Metalhead!

------------------

Nightwalker

Metalhead, thanks for the great mission. I thought the Arena was very impressive, though I had a heck of a time getting back out of it. I finally re-loaded and dumped some knocked out guards down so I could stand on them to get out! The first time, when I couldn't get out, I got a new objective to release the prisioners into the Arena, but when I re-loaded I didn't get it. Weird.

Viper6, if you read my posts above, you'll notice I tried to e-mail the no-briefing mission, but it was dumped back to me as exceeding his storage space, so that won't work.

Metalhead

LOL 50 times? I think it's even a might bigger than that... I know the set they used to film Gladiator was only like a 1/2 or 3/4 scale model of the Collasium in Rome. Heck just making a cylinder brush that big would probably crash dromed LOL. I never really figured out the deal with people not being able to get out of the arena... myself, I never had a problem timing the jump to get out. Wierd.

------------------
    "And the mustard seed didst fall in amongst weeds, and thorns, and brambles; and they didst choke and sap it as it grew. Yea, indeed the seed didst become a mighty tree, twisted and misshapen by unrighteous cohorts, and now shades and protects even them."
    --The Book of the Raven

"Absolute Power"
    10% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

Bruny

Getting out of the arena was curiously difficult for me too. I had no problem mantling the walls usually. Only after the final objective triggered was I suddenly unable to get out. I had been meaning to open it up in Dromed and see if you teleported some kind of unrendered barriers at that certain moment. I never got around to it though.

Wynne

I just pulled the switch to open the door.

Nightwalker

You have to be up off of the Arena floor to get to the switch that opens the door. I hadn't even discovered it at the point where I was trapped. If I'd known about it, and had pulled it first, that would have solved the problem.

Pointdexter43

Dont give to much of the map away guys.

------------------
    To be a writer means to be a creator of worlds. You create the lives of people who never existed until the exact moment you started writing. It takes inginuity, it takes imagination, and it takes thought. I hold all of these traits, and that makes me gifted. Dont fear me because of my talents, but respect me and learn from my creations. I am a writer-creator of worlds.

-Jonathan Sharpe

Keeper of Metal and Gold

When mantling, if you do a little run-jump-mantle, you can mantle much higher areas. If you're just standing right up against the wall and just jumping straight up to mantle, you can't get very high. So basically, you want to be coming at the wall horizontally, hence the run-jump instead of just jumping straight up.

------------------

Metalhead

Actually, throwing the switches should be set up so it can only happen AFTER you get that objective.... it doesn't teleport in any boundaries, but it DOES teleport in a big boundingbox.... i wonder if that could be the problem?

------------------
    "And the mustard seed didst fall in amongst weeds, and thorns, and brambles; and they didst choke and sap it as it grew. Yea, indeed the seed didst become a mighty tree, twisted and misshapen by unrighteous cohorts, and now shades and protects even them."
    --The Book of the Raven

"Absolute Power"
    10% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

Nightwalker

I could use the switch to open the door after I got out of the arena floor area, but none of the others worked. I didn't have the new objective that time.

Metalhead

Not that door, the OTHER doors This was one of the biggest annoyances about the mission, that objective doesn't like to work sometimes, and it's completely random too. If anyone knows the subtleties of getting AIWatchObj links to work consistently let me know

------------------
    --The Book of the Raven

"Absolute Power"
    10% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

bob

Bloodsport

Anyone know how to beat the fan mission Bloodsport? I have come to what I think are the front gates but I cant find the key or any lever to open them. I think I have explored the whole place and cant find a way out of the prison/arena except for those doors but I cant get them open.

Someone please help me.

Nightwalker

The way out is through the burrick gate. The key was dropped down a toilet hole, so you have to go way down in the sewer area to find the key. The entrance to the gate is also down there. You need to go for a swim. If that's not specific enough, here is a total spoiler, so be warned. highlight here In the area with the housing, that is in an open cave-type area, there is one building that has a set of stairs leading down. If you go all the way to the bottom, there is a platform with a guard on patrol. You need to get past him, swim across the pond, and rope arrow up to the opening you'll see. If you walk to the very end of this area, you'll find the key on the ground (under some toilet holes). Go back to the big pond area, and look around under water. You'll see a hole in the wall, with a locked gate inside it. The key you found unlocks the gate. This is the exit.

bob

Thank you nightwalker, I didnt need the spoiler but thanks anyway.

P.S. I dont know how you did that highlight thing but it is pretty cool.

Nightwalker

If you want to know how to do the highlighting thing, just click on the edit button of my post that has it in it and you'll be able to see. It's really easy. Must be if I can do it!

rseeker

Great FM! I am a newbie to FMs, greatly distressed at LG folding. Then I found you guys!

Problem: I have been playing at med. level, fulfilled the 1st 2 objectives, but can't figure out how to get out!

Assumed exit was by the Burrick Gate. went past the dock, rope arrow up the waterfall, though the tunnels, and to the Burrick Gate. Have Burrick Gate key, can't see a lock!

What have I Missed??

Metalhead

that's not the burrick gate, that's the sewer look a little closer in the cistern....

------------------
    "And the mustard seed didst fall in amongst weeds, and thorns, and brambles; and they didst choke it and sap it as it grew. Yea, indeed the seed didst become a mighty tree, twisted and misshapen by unrighteous cohorts, and now shades and protects even them."
    --The Book of the Raven

"Absolute Power"
    25% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

Bloodsport help please.

First of all I'd like to say that everything is really sweet here, but the whole place has been going up and down, which is not good.

WARNING:

THE FOLLOWING THREAD WILL MOST LIKELY BE:

LACED WITH SPOILERS

END WARNING

And now for the realy purpose of the post:
    Playing the fm Bloodsport and I've killed everyone and gone what seems everywhere and I can't seem to find my way out!

I hear that I need a burrick key or something? And I remember reading a note about someone loosing a key in the cistern but I searched all over and couldn't find it.

I also noticed a small opening leading to caves with a red spider in the large tiled room containing the floating symbol. The opening is too small to fit in but there must be some way in there...right?

Thanks for help.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast