TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "BLOODSPORT" officially released! (Feb 20, 2001)

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

You're right about the Burrick gate. The key was dropped down one of the toilets. In the open area that the living quarters all open off of (outdoorsy-looking part with fountains in the courtyard areas) there is a door that leads to steps going down. At the bottom, you can go out onto a platform with a guard patrolling on it. It overlooks a body of water. If you look across from the platform, you will see a stream of water coming down from an opening. You need to swim over there, rope arrow up, and follow it to the very end to find the key. Then come back to the water, dive in and find an underwater opening that leads to a gate. Use the key there.

There is a way into the part with the spider, but I don't remember off hand how to get into there. I think it was from a secret passage that opened from the area above the chapel part, but I'm not sure.
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

Bloodsport help

I can’t find the Brothers supply room, I found some large doors being guarded by two guards facing them and a third walking past them and then up the stairs and down again and I’ve knocked them all out. It’s off of the room with the seats around an alter with a book about air and water and so on, but I can’t open the doors I’ve tried every key I have, and my lock picks won’t even light the doors up so they don’t work. I have the burrick gate key.
    I also can’t find the Grand Leige so that I can kill him, someone tell me whaat to do I’ve been looking so long now and getting no where.
    Robbie.

It's been awhile since I played this one, but I do remember that the storage room is on the same hallway as the rooms where you find the water arrows, gas arrows, and your blackjack. There is a guard wandering around with the key. I think he is in the jail area (guy with a green tunic), but I'm not sure about that. Make sure you use the key on the lockbox beside the door. I'm not sure if you need another key inside or not.

The Grand Liege in located in the area that looks sort of like an open cave. It has all the barracks houses in it and fountains in the middle of the courtyards. One of the houses is pretty fancy and that is where the Grand Liege is. He walks back and forth through the house. I can't go in and check this stuff because the FM won't load up my saves. It just keeps starting me back at the beginning and I don't have time to replay it right now.

Oh yes, I remember the chap in that house when I first looked around that area, before I was told I had to kill him, but when he saw me I had to fight him and he ran away, I hav'nt seen him since. There is about ten people all fighting each other in the dungeon some are dead now having killed each other, if someone else killed him does that mean I can't complete the mission?
    Robbie

I think you can still finish it, but the problem will be finding him/his body. He is dressed differently than anybody else, so try looking for a different type of clothing on the bodies. I don't think it says his name when you pick him up so that's pretty much the only way to tell.

How to get out of Bloodsport place?

I spent many hours last nite in thiefy bliss playing Bloodsport, and I just finished ransacking the storage room and I need to escape the bldg to finish the mission. Can anyone tell me how to "get the hell out of there?" BTW, it's a great, great FM! Congrats and thank you to the "Builder" of the fine mission and briefing.

Hi! I agree, this was a really good FM. You have to exit by the Burrick gate, which is found under water, and you need the key, which was dropped down a toilet. If that's not enough of a hint, highlight for a spoiler
    Spoiler:
    In the area where you found the Grand Liege's house, there is a doorway that leads to stairs down. If you follow them right to the bottom, you'll find a wooden platform overlooking some water. Across the other side is an opening with some crates underneath. Swim over, climb up on the crates and rope arrow up and go in the opening. Follow it right to the end, and you will find the Burrick gate key lying on the ground under some toilet holes. (Yuck!) Then go back and jump back into the water. Swim around and look for an underground opening with a gate part way down. That's the Burrick gate.

[ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

Thanks, Nightwalker. That did the trick. I had a hell of a time playing this mission because I didn't ransack the storage room and grab all the ammo until all but 5 guards were down! I still loved the mission and got lots of practice with my sword. "Metalhead" did a fantastic job, and I can't wait for his/her next FM, if there is one. Thanks again for the tip.

A question about the arena and duels:

Spoiler:
    Is it possible to get the haunt and the treebeast to fight? I suppose they would have to be on different teams. They just walk around ignoring each other.

'Bloodsport' secrets

Has anyone found all the secrets in ‘Bloodsport’???
    Could you reveal at least some of them?

I've found them all, but I don't think I can remember them all! Here are the ones I DO remember:
    Spoiler:
    Secret #1 - In the room where you get the water arrows,on the hallway with the store room,there is a torch bracker you can turn to open a secret door to the tunnels. Secret #2 - In the freezer, frob one of the frozen fish to open a secret door to the tunnels. Secret #3 - After you walk down the hallway past the box-office stands, in the first hallway on your left, in the 3rd alcove there is a switch that opens a door off of the hallway on the other side of the room. Secret #4 - When you go down into that secret area, there is a floor hatch you can open that leads into one of the rooms below. Secret #5 - Also inside the area access by secret #3, there is a series of ladders you can climb up (past the spider area and into the haunt hallways) that opens onto the beams above the ticket offices. Secret #6 - In the office of the Lesser Liege (with a man in a cage), there is a painting on a central pillar that you can push askew, which reveals a button that opens a panel on the opposite side. It appears all black, but sometimes if you move around and click, you can pick up what's in there. (joke item only, not loot). Secret #7 - Inside the Grand Liege's kitchen fireplace, there is a button to push. Then go over and jump down into the grate on the kitchen floor. Go through and look for another button in the far corner of the ceiling which opens Secret #8, which is another entrance to the tunnels. Secret #9 - In the Lesser Liege's living quarters (in the area of the Grand Liege's house (A unit with two rooms instead of the usual one) there is a lever under the desk that opens a ceiling hatch in the bedroom ceiling. (Nothing up there but spiders, though).

Thanks again, Nightwalker.

NightWalker & Metalhead - i did all the above and ended up with 8 secrets. perhaps the author can tell us the rest? i hope one of you can answer these queries:

1. what is the first message after you frob the fish? it immediately gets overwritten by "You've found a secret!"

2. in the storage room there's a lever on the inside, next to the gate, but it doesn't close the gate. what does it do?

3. what is exploding in the storage room? my PC slows to a series of still frames for about a minute when it blows up.

4. inside the unoccupied barracks, across the hall from the 4 women who wake up when you enter their barracks, is a frobbable torch. again, no idea what it's controlling, or if it's even hooked up.

5. Arena:
    Hit Deity posted June 17, 2001 12:51 AM
    A question about the arena and duels:
    Is it possible to get the haunt and the treebeast to fight? I suppose they would have to be on different teams. They just walk around ignoring each other.
    can you stage duels? how do you open the cells or raise the lifts? the buttons on the arena control panel don't appear to do anything.

great mission, metalhead.

I can't answer all your questions, but I can answer a few of them -
    Spoiler:
    1.)All I get when I frob the fish is the crunching sound of eating something, plus the found a secret thing, but if you click on the fish later it says something like "You frobbed Willie the Magic Fish". Maybe that's what you saw?
    2.) The lever closes the outside metal door on the storeroom, not the gate.
    3.)Most peoples' computers have trouble handling this if you blow everything up at once. All the bits and pieces of everything fly everywhere. I think there are some mines, etc. inside the crates that explode as well. I usually smash open a bunch of the crates first and I only blow up the dangerous or un-openable ones and it doesn't cause as much of a problem. You also seem to lose some of the things inside the boxes, like the mines.
    4.) The lever doesn't do anything. I asked about it when this FM first came out.

Well I can fill in a bit here

The mystery lever: Um, I put that there, then forgot what the hell I was gonna do with it. Oops

The big screen killer is a crate that flinderizes into 2 or 3 Tilt-o-waits, which'll slow down even the fastest computers. The box is labeled tho, so smash it after you've picked everything else up. It's quite handy against robots too

the rest I'll keep hidden:
    Spoiler:
    Unfortunately, I couldn't figure a way to stage fights and still keep a decent framerate & layout the way I wanted. The haunt & treebeast SHOULD attack each other tho, thot I had that working. You'll have to play thru on the hardest diff level to find out what those buttons do.

Glad someone actually found all the secrets heheh, guess I'll have to be a little sneakier in my upcoming Haloween release

Metalhead: Some thoughts on Bloodsport...

Greetings.

I've been playing through Bloodsport. Haven't finished yet, but I've been playing through... And it's freaking hard. Then, I do reject the thought of playing any FM or Thiefey experience on anything less than the Expert difficulty, so that probably explains several things.

Er, anyway, I'm liking it so far. I'd like to play Dyers' Eye, too, once I get through Bloodsport, and I'll probably review the two of 'em for Thief Underground.

No pressure or anything. [Thumbs Up!]
    <a href="http://www.planetdeusex.com/counterfeit/privatedir/thief/" target="_blank">Thief: Mapped</a><br />FM currently under construction:<br />Genesis - 10%<br />Part of the Spirit campaign.

Sooo, you've left the Deus Ex-community for good now, ey Ghandaiah?

-Burt

...No...

Just because I play and create FMs doesn't mean I've left the DX community. [Weird]

Heh, well, I can't say I'm very active in the Deus Ex mod community right now, but I'm still doing my PDX articles n' such.

Cool, glad your enjoying it, I always welcome feedback. If you think Bloodsport is hard, just wait'll you get to Dyer's Eve on expert heheh. *I* couldn't even get thru it [Ebil] (but fortunately plenty of other folx have Look for two more releases around the end of the year

[quote]Originally posted by Metalhead:
    *I* couldn't even get thru

[Eww...]
    Responsible for overseeing Studio Trophis projects, Richard's designs are influenced by the best of Japanese console gaming.

Heheh, that's funny... I thought Nuckin' Futs was easier to get through than one of the other levels of difficulty; don't recall which. 'Cept for the loot requirement, that is.

Well, I'm one of those hardy souls who managed to finish Dyer's Eve on Nuckin' Futs level! Do I get a t-shirt or something?

Gone, but never forgotten

Bloodsport

En expert, je ne trouve pas qui est le Grand Liege que je dois déposer au milieu de l'arêne.
    J'ai fait sauter toutes les caisses du dépôt et l'objectif ne se coche pas ?
    J'ai aussi actionné les boutons au-dessus des sièges et seule la double porte s'est ouverte, je n'ai pas trouvé à quoi servaient les autres interrupteurs ?

In expert, I do not find who is Grand Liege which I should put down(deposit) in the middle of the arêne.
    I blew up all the boxes of the deposit(warehouse) and the objective does not mark?
    I also activated(sued) buttons over seats and only one(only) double door opened, I did not find to what were of use the other switches?

Hi, Lady Jo.

The Grand Liege is in the fancy house up in the area with all the guards bedrooms. He has slightly different clothes but he is not labelled.

There is a problem with the objective to blow up all the boxes in the storage room. Sometimes it will not tick off, for some unknown reason.

I do not think that most of those levers do anything, but I am not sure.

Liège grand est dans la maison de fantaisie vers le haut dans la zone avec toutes les chambres à coucher de gardes. Il a les vêtements légèrement différents mais il n'est pas étiqueté.

Il y a un problème avec l'objectif pour faire sauter tous les cadres dans la salle d'entreposage. Parfois il ne fera pas tic tac hors fonction, pour une certaine raison inconnue.

Je ne pense pas que la plupart de ces leviers font n'importe quoi, mais je ne suis pas sûr.

Uuuuuuhhhhh, sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Um, the function of the levers on the pedastl should become clear once the Grand Leige is dumped in the arena.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast