TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "BLOODSPORT" officially released! (Feb 20, 2001)

Metalhead

T2 FM "BLOODSPORT" officially released! (Feb 20, 2001)

Well it's about friggin time! lol My FM is finally as polished as I can make it and ready for release. You can pick up the no-breifing version here (from CoSaS):
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=81

If you have GetRight or a similar download app as @home is very finicky with big downloads. KoM&G: I uploaded both the breifing & no breifing versions to your I-drive earlier.

Trust me, the breifing avi is well worth the extra 9 megs to download. It's very compressed tho, so if you have a high-speed connection and want the even-more-kick-ass uncompressed version (27 meg), ICQ me at 9213677

Download links (uncompressed briefing version):
    http://thiefmissions.com/m/Bloodsport_hibr
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    http://www.ttlg.de/de/download/navig...M-Download.xml
    http://darklurker.org/T2_DarkOrg.html

The 'THIEF: REVELATION' campaign for T2.
    Quick navigation:

Bloodsport (thread currently viewing)
    Dyers' Eve

------------------
    "Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from the... *thump* Oof! Gag!"
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 5th Sep 2012 at 10:40. Reason: updated links

real_oRGy

Thanks for releasing it!

I'm downloading it now..

------------------
    Lead Designer,
    Thievery UT

Keeper of Metal and Gold

I'll have it all set up shortly

------------------

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Alright, it's all set

------------------

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Metalhead's new T2 FM "Bloodsport" up at the Keep!

Metalhead's new T2 FM "Bloodsport" is now up at the Keep of Metal and Gold. But beware the daily download limit - it resets each day at 12 noon eastern US time, so first come first serve!

------------------

Despot

Now available from FilePlanet, in three flavors:

Compressed Briefing Version: Bloodsport.zip - 11.70 MB
    Uncompressed Briefing Version: Bloodsport_hibr.zip - 27.70 MB
    No Briefing Version: Bloodsport_nb.zip - 2.86

------------------
    An Underground view of Thief
    Dark Engineering progresses
    Madness down the Rabbit Hole
    All the latest Conspiracies
    And a master plan to rule them all.

brother taffer

I have no idea what the burrick gate is. Someone want to help? I thought it was that big gate right outside of the chapel-type room with the four elements theme, but the burrick gate key won't open that door. I have ko'd nearly every AI, and i have run around the mission like a nut, but I can't find that gate, Nor can I find the stupid Head Liege joker, or whatever his name is. Is his little name underneath his body when you knock him out and carry him around?

Metalhead

Think back to T1... where do you most often find burricks in the city? above or below ground?

The Grand Leige is easy to spot... he looks different from all the other Brothers

------------------

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Originally posted by brother taffer:
    I have no idea what the burrick gate is. Someone want to help? I thought it was that big gate right outside of the chapel-type room with the four elements theme, but the burrick gate key won't open that door. I have ko'd nearly every AI, and i have run around the mission like a nut, but I can't find that gate, Nor can I find the stupid Head Liege joker, or whatever his name is. Is his little name underneath his body when you knock him out and carry him around?
    Spoilers
    Burrick Gate - in the cistern - underwater cave with a gate covering it.

Head Liege - in the center building (the fancy decorated one) of the area with all the "apartments" of the people. After killing him it DOESN'T say his name underneath, so you may have to go back and find every body you knocked out and throw them all in the lake so they'll die!

------------------

belboz

Where's the bleeding blackjack, I've been wandering around it for 2 hours and I can't find it, as I need it to knock out some twit and dump him in the middle of the arena. I'm playing the fuckin' nuts level. there's lots of disable combat bots all over the place, let me guess its in the storeroom.

brother taffer

spoilers alert

the black jack is in one of the rooms on that hallway.

Kyra

Just finished playing Bloodsport on N'ing Futs level. What fun! Thank's Metalhead!

Bruny

I've been playing it too at the hardest level. It's fun! Very, very non-linear. You can do anything, go anywhere, in whatever order you choose and it doesn't screw up the gameplay. It's also very challenging and requires some brains, which I like a lot.

Questions (and SPOILERS) follow
    I found the Burrick Gate Key and the Burrick gate, but don't know what the point of it is. It leads to an empty area.

How do I get into the storeroom? The switch doesn't work.

The column with the secret door in it (in the room where the guy is held prisoner) doesn't work. I hit the switch behind the painting, the secret door opens but the vision-blocking black layer doesn't. So I can't get at what's inside. I think this is a bug.

Metalhead

Damn! I thot I fixed that bug! *)#$@(*#$@#!!!! Well anyways, there's nuthin major behind there, just a kewl effect/gag. Um some people have been able to pick it up from behind the door. As to the empty area behind the burrick gate... keep it in mind, you'll be visiting later... and the store room is pretty simple, just find the two keys.... they're held by Brothers.

------------------

Bruny

Thanks! I tried to see if I could get what was in the column from several different angles. No go. I suspected as much about the Burrick gate, just wanted to make sure. I have lots of keys now. There isn't a lock that I can see. Did I just miss it? Do I try to unlock the switch, or the door?

SPOILER BELOW!!!

Another question. In the area with the fountains and all of the bedrooms for the brothers, there's one room with a secret trapdoor in the ceiling. When I got in there there was just a bunch of crates. Anything there I missed? I loved the convoluted secret in the fancy mansion in the center of that area! Good job (I love secrets!)

Metalhead

The lock is a little hard to see sometimes. Look in the same position on the other side of the door, the rest will explain its self.

As to the secret in the Brother's compound... That's Brother McDorf's attic. He uses it to store empty crates, which attract spiders and rats. That's about it lol.

------------------

Marecki

Originally posted by Despot:
    Now available from FilePlanet, in three flavors
    None of these works for me! I'm being told that more than 0 files or 0 GBytes has already been downloaded

------------------
    ! SANITY WARNING: This message makes no sense at all!

Threads you really should visit: Life in the Old Quarter, Life in the Old Quarter Part Deux, This is a test for your patience and temperament!

Marecki

Despot

Hmm, they're downloading fine for me...what browser are you using? Any download managers?

------------------
    An Underground view of Thief
    Dark Engineering progresses
    Madness down the Rabbit Hole
    All the latest Conspiracies
    And a master plan to rule them all.

pbucko

How do you open the cells?

What is the pirate with the white shirt for?
    Hes the only one left and he doesnt respond to seeing me, and he dies with one hit.

The other buttons and levers in the arena, what are they for?, they frob but no result.

What does the torch switch do?

Ive done all the objectives apart from put the bloke in the arena on nukin futs level.
    Its been rockin fun.

------------------
    The Lost Portal

Coming soon--"Karrasina-The New Threat"

Muzman

hmmm, I think I'm going about this the wrong way. The only way I could see to get out of the cell area was to open the zombie freezer and then hide. Trouble was all hell broke loose and seemingly dozens of guards came from all over the place and got their asses whupped, then a combat bot that shoots rocks came along and kept blasting the zombies while they were on the ground until there were so many rocks lying on the ground I couldn't move.
    hehehe

Metalhead

Ways to get out of the cell area:

WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD!!
    #1. As soon as the game starts, LOOK BEHIND YOU. No, closer. Closer... yes, right there, go that way.

#2. On the lower diff levels: Hide behind pillar closest to right wall, snatch key from guard, wait till guard is walking back the way he came on the other side. Open cell door, sneak into room immediatly to the left. Get sword, sneak in till you can close the door (The pony-tailed guard won't see you), close door & whack guard. Run back to cell and wait for key guard to walk past again, then backstab him too.

#3. Like #2 above, get key from guard. Wait till he's going the other way then run to the door directly across from the cell on the left.

------------------

Keeper of Metal and Gold

That big Zombie vs Guard battle is AWESOME! I then kept luring 2 or 3 zombies off to where some other guards were, and get them to start fighting each other while I hide in the shadows and watch the carnage!

------------------

Bruny

YES!!! That was brilliant design! It was a little trickier than it seemed. If the guards swarmed en masse they would overwhelm the zombies (after awhile the zombies froze and never moved again). I played this FM through TWICE just so I could do the zombie massacre again.

First I lured the single guard to follow me when the bot wasn't looking. The zombies took care of him fine. Then I made the four guards in the gambling room mad. They ran after me and chased me into one of the open cells. I ran around and around until the zombies followed us in as well then I dashed out and locked them all in. It was so sweet. I could stick my tongue at them while they whaled away at the bars.

It's very tricky to get them all into the cell and get out and lock the door before they can slip out too. It took me several tries but was well worth the trouble.

Metalhead

Like whoah... I'm sitting here goofing off at work with this huge grin on my face now After all the stress & strain & long nites I've spent on this FM people are actually out there enjoying it! Hehe this is just too cool, you all rock LOL. But on the other hand, now my next project (now underway) has gotta be even cooler LOL

------------------

Keeper of Metal and Gold

I also LOVED the boxes with stuff in them in the storeroom. I blew them all up at once, and my computer slowed down to like 1 frame per 2 seconds, but hey, having all those arrows and crystals and wacko stuff fly out in every possible direction was AMAZING!!! Good work, Metalhead! While the mission isn't perfect, the fun factor is way up there, which I really appreciated. And those different zombie skins were pretty cool.

------------------

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast