TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini T2 FM: The Night I Ghosted Berkshead! (3 July, 2001)

Mini T2 FM: The Night I Ghosted Berkshead! (3 July, 2001)

Oops..!

I forgot to tell you guys that my first crack at a FM is complete. If you like a spot of ghosting and fancy a quick 20 minute taff-it's up at The Circle, Cheap Thief Missions as well as The Keep if you want to give it a try.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for helping me out when I was stuck,I am very gratefull.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Aug 2011 at 16:34. Reason: updated links

Sarik

Heh heh, I played this yesterday, and I have to say it's a good mission . . . Especially if you like the small Secret-Affair types

But this one provides a challange . . . It's actually been a while since I've played a thief mission with an actual challange . . . Seems missions now revolve around architecture and good-looks and not thiefing itself.

Or maybe it's just me . . .

Good mission! Hope you do more (and hopefully larger scale )

Very good for a short fm.
    "(As if they could ever come up with a masterpiece such as this!)"
    Hehe.

I'm playing on expert and I alread have the 4 keys and the keepers medallion. But I can't complete the other goals. I found the back alley but where is the evidence, and the details of the secret entrance. It seems I've scanned the entire place, opened the locked metal door on the top floor and the only two cells that will open on the bottom floor.

It is a fun mission despite its small size because you can't hurt anyone in it and must work around them.

Sharga
    Spoiler:
    You're missing some secret doors. Look under the stairs

Ahh thank you. I'd gone there but figured it was simply a good hiding place. Well hidden little switch.

Now I have everything (just barely completed the loot objective) but I still have to find incriminating evidence. Another secret lever?

Yup.
    Spoiler:
    There is an office that the guard upstairs goes into. Search in there.

Thank you thank you. I guess I'm just not too good at finding levers.

Great mission. There seems to be a few leads into a second mission. I sure hope so anyway. Perhaps a venture to the church, or the maze under Threegates?

Thanks for the help and the good mission.

Please note that the loot count is WRONG (thanks NightWalker),the max. loot is 760 and NOT 785!

Sorry about that.

Sharga-If you do have problems finding levers,you could very well miss HALF of my next fan mission.

I want to reward those who explore.

Berkshead fan mission

Playing Berkshead fan mission on "easy" but cannot find where the Crickhollow details are hidden? Any spoilers or help appreciated. -- The Geez

The details you want are with Kaplan (who's locked up in another cell). Look for a secret entrance under the stairs.
    Java bibo, ergo carus, sed tremo malum.
    I drink coffee, therefore I am lovable, but twitchy as hell.

I saw a cut out spot under the stairs in the machine room. BUT -- how does it open ?? I'm feeling lost !!!!

Spoiler:
    There's a hidden switch opposite the door under the stairs (near the cells by your starting point)...unless I've gone completely out of my mind and I'm having "phantom switch" problems.

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: Silver Sorrow ]

Silver Sorrow , It's not you !!!!! It's me ------- I'm the "old geezer" !!! Thanks for your help -The Geez

No problem...I found it completely by accident! I think the fact that I actually finished it without having every bluecoat in the place chase me is a testament to my increasing "thiefiness".

I actually quite liked this one, despite the absence of weapons...maybe there's something to this "ghosting" thing after all...

[ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: Silver Sorrow ]

Berkshead - Extra Key?

Any one figure out what do with the key found on the shelf behind the guard downstairs? Tried it on every cell door, building door and file cabinet but with no success.

-----------------------------------------

Wow! I believe that this is the only mission around where you have to go through the whole thing without any weapons or lockpicks. Good thing that guard downstairs is real stupid or I'd been a goner many times over. This mission definitely teaches the value of good stealth tactics. Took me the longest time to find the incriminating evidence since I was trying to find something which would allow me to use the key mentioned above.

I thought it went with two of the downstairs doors, the ones right in front of the desk where the key is...

[ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: Deep Shadow ]

Deep Shadow is right. It opens the storage rooms in the hallway right across from the guard.

Thanks Deep Shadow. Must of used the wrong key to test these doors earlier. Water arrows, 50 in loot. Now I'm only 25 short of the max.

--------------------------------------------

Should have known you'd been in this mission too, Nightwalker. Word on the street is that you're the get of Garrett himself. Must make the old man proud. Have you downloaded MOC2 yet?

[ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: DreamWalker ]

I quit playing the mission on expert, I must have missed something...I couldn't find the incriminating evidence and I only managed 300 in loot.

Check everywhere for loot even outside.

Spoiler:
    re: incriminating evidence. One of the walls in one of the rooms upstairs has a square area that suggests that it may be an opening. The switch for this is somewhere in the same room.

Dreamwalker - There is only 760 gold available in this mission. The total that shows up on the final screen is wrong. Gumdrop posted an announcement somewhere, so you probably have found it all.

I downloaded MOC but my computer won't play it. It keeps crashing back to windows or, even worse, freezing up entirely. I'm very disappointed, but it looks like I won't be able to play this one.

(Thanks for the compliments, by the way.)

[ July 07, 2001: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

760 I got. I'm starting to reach my potential as a first class thief.

re: MOC2 - Ditto. I think the testers became so familiar with what appears to be a fantastic mission that they forgot what it would be like for someone who was coming in cold and had no idea what they could or could not get away with or what bugs to avoid.

stuck in Berkshead

Pretty cool sneaker so far, ambient might be a little low, having a hard time seeing some stuff with my gamma cranked.
    ---------
    Here's where I need help
    Spoiler:
    got the evidence,and medalian. went outside, behind trees into a small outdoor area with a tunnel that deadends. Checked out the other outdoor area and couldn't find anything.Where do I go?

Spoiler:
    If you finished all the other objectives, when you go through the tunnel to the far end, it should finish. Are you sure you have everything? It worked fine when I played it.

Spoiler:
    No, I need gold, and directions to the chapel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast